Windows 10 Mobile build 10549! How do you like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sumanthsuresh

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
Have been on version 10166 on my HTC m one 8 for a while now.
Cannot hide my navigation bar
Double tap to wake the phone does not work.
At least 5-6 soft resets a day for freezes
Any tips on how to upgrade to the latest version

Vipin Khanna

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
Don't be Download. It is not for a daily driver. Notification center are continiously crashed & after restarting the device, this problem is remained same.
Second thing is that phone are switch of automatically & restart automatically when the charger , headphone, speakers are connected to it. While playing game it is also restart & switch off continiously. This problem is remain same while i have been doing Hard Reset My phone two to three times. So please don't be download.

fgaudet

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Still running 10536, but it's becoming an unusable mess just like the previous version. Was hoping 10549 would be the one to be truly "daily driver" quality, but it doesn't seem so. Will be reverting to 8.1 tonight.

vodda

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site
10549 is perfectly acceptable for me as daily driver, no issues whatsoever with the main phone functions, only cortana interests do not work.

Some people are overreacting, some trully have isuess, some expect too much from beta version. so only way to know if it suits you, install it and test it, then revert if needed.

rocker1m1

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
640xl dual sim phone :
upgraded to the 10549 yesterday, and after few more apps update, the phone works fine ( much better than the 10536). But the store is very slow for any apps updates. since this is my first wp, i could only compare it to the google play store's apps update experience which is way much faster. i hope the wm store app update can pick up speed in next build release. does anyone have the same problems?

I felt the same. The store feels like web wrapper than a true native like it used to. Same phone by the way.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Still running 10536, but it's becoming an unusable mess just like the previous version. Was hoping 10549 would be the one to be truly "daily driver" quality, but it doesn't seem so. Will be reverting to 8.1 tonight.
Have you disabled Cortana? Known bug in this version where it starts using insane resources. I have had the most amazing experience and didn't even reset after update. But I followed instructions and disabled Cortana.

fgaudet

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Have you disabled Cortana? Known bug in this version where it starts using insane resources. I have had the most amazing experience and didn't even reset after update. But I followed instructions and disabled Cortana.

No, I haven't gone to 10549 yet - should I have disabled Cortana in 10536 also? Seems disabling one of the main features of the phone is kind of missing out on the intended experience, no?
Anyway, the incessant lock ups, endless Resume/Loading even for the Start screen, and frequent crashes, even while in a phone call more than convinced me to go back to 8.1.
Sure, I'll miss the look of W10, and some of its features, but the speed and stability of 8.1 will very largely make up for it.

anon(8648115)

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
After running for a couple of days on the Lumia 1520, I must say I REALLY like this build. The only problem is that the camera gets stuck on a loop in "adding finishing touches" after a picture is taken. Other than that, everything is smooth as hell.

indospot

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
Couple things I've noticed since yesterday. Upvoted/submitted feedback:

Keyboard: Wow. Work to do here. Swipe (Flow? Can't remember what MS calls it. lol) accuracy is almost non-existent. Suggestions are poor as well. If 8.1's keyboard was a perfect 10, this one is a 3.

I can't say I have the same problem, Wordflow works great.

Elton Mbofana

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
How d u revert back to Win8.1 from win10m? Windows recovery? Then once in win8.1, d u need to install first windows insider app to detect this latest build??

Esben Dalsgaard

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
Re: Which phone are you running Insider preview and how do you like it?

Hi Squall611. If your live email is the mail you use as Microsoft account, then it will automatically exist in Outlook when you set up the phone (hence the "account already exits"). But to see your mails you have to go to "settings", then "accounts", then choose your account on the list, then choose "settings for sync.", then scroll down and enable "mail". I hope this is helpful (maybe you already rolled back) - in general my experience with build 10549 is good on my old 920.

Tonytoronto2015

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
Yup, recovery will get you back to 8.1. Install windows insider App and that will take you to this build. Maybe hard reset once 10594 installed. I didnt and i'm already regretting it. Get some 8.1 stuff left over, some app names messed. If you have a 1020 don't hard reset, i think you will loose camera app.

antiochian2010

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Functional but ugly.

On my 635 I am using for all of this (affectionately renamed "Lab Rat") I took it back to 8.1 and went through the Insider steps to get it up to the 10549 Build. And after doing so, I then factory reset the phone.

Occasionally the start window cuts in 1/2 where the top is black and the bottom the upper half of the start screen. I can usually get it to restore though.

The Store will not show my apps library! Attempt always crash the store. This might be part of a bigger issue though. I am keeping my 930 on 8.1 until the official release of WP10 and the "My Apps" function in settings is pretty atrocious.

In most apps though, I am finding the fonts to be jagged and pixelated. EDIT - THERE IS A FIX FOR THIS LISTED IN ANOTHER WP CENTRAL ARTICLE - GO TO SETTINGS.SYSTEM.DISPLAY. YOU WILL SEE AN ADJUSTMENT THAT IS SLID ALL THE WAY TO THE RIGHT FOR TEXT SIZE. SLIDING LEFT (I WENT ALL THE WAY TO MINIMAL) COMPLETELY CORRECTS THIS..
On the plus side, on the last build I had to ditch my trial run as the SMS/Messaging App disappeared! Scouring various posts indicated that this happened to some others and a hard reset would not bring the app back. Glad to see that with 10549 it finally returned.

I am ok with all of this and am using the 635 as my daily driver this week with no hesitation - but would not recommend it for one's primary phone as it still has a long way to go..

Last edited:

Tonytoronto2015

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
its better, but still ways to go to be daily phone.
Seems M$ fixes something and breaks something else. Just got notification for another update, something to do with Insider Fast configuration, unfortunately phone gets stock at the Restart part to install it. Still lots of bugs, no Custom text for contacts-doesnt work still, some apps still having hard time updating, Cortana still refuses to work when Canada selected as region or language (was supposed to work now=doesnt) Still get loading here and there, better but still annoying. Live titles work for the most part, messaging and calendar sometimes don't, ghost titles on a few apps, or whne making live title doesn't go to main screen, just a ghost placeholder. Some odd names on apps, im guessing left over from 8.1 update. battery drain still worst than 8.1.

MACRM32

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
Occasionally the start window cuts in 1/2 where the top is black and the bottom the upper half of the start screen. I can usually get it to restore though.

That's not a bug, but a feature. Holding the Start button brings the window down, so it's easier to tap things on the top of the screen. Holding the Start button agains restores back to normal.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
No, I haven't gone to 10549 yet - should I have disabled Cortana in 10536 also? Seems disabling one of the main features of the phone is kind of missing out on the intended experience, no?
Anyway, the incessant lock ups, endless Resume/Loading even for the Start screen, and frequent crashes, even while in a phone call more than convinced me to go back to 8.1.
Sure, I'll miss the look of W10, and some of its features, but the speed and stability of 8.1 will very largely make up for it.

Ahh I see. well I had the same problems with 10536. I'm on 10549 and haven't had any issues yet. I do have cortana disabled. This is something that is only an issue on 10549 from what I understand, so 10536 probably doesn't have the Cortana issue. Honestly, I am in love with 10549. Granted I've only been running it a few days but still no problems.

Captains

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
I tried all day & into the night to get this build but I keep ending up with 10571 again. I reverted to 8.1, reset, re installed Insider & updated. I've given up because at least it has updated all my apps that previously had problems for the last few months & so far I'm having much less "resuming" A lot less actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6