Windows 10 Mobile build 10549! How do you like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

braddo

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
seems faster..
can't get Cortana to work yet for Australia
trying to download keyboard for Australia - failing
trying to download Australia language - failing

Captains

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
I can't download Australia speech language, so I can't make Cortana to work on Australia region.

You need to change Region & Language to English UK. If you didn't already know.
I have Australian language but Cortana won't work with that.

Last edited:

Michael Dontigney

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Tried it for a couple days... I've been using WP10 as a daily driver and upgrading each time on my 1520... so.. downgraded to 8.1, installed this build.. Went well.. got everything set back up.... working fine.. I try to resize Cortana tile and poof... it disappears somehow.. LOL... I go to the apps to pin it to start.. nowhere to be found.. If I click the search magnify glass, she pops up.. but no main screen with cards of local stuff.. Oh well... I used it for a couple days.. yesterday I drive 2 hours to see my dad in Cocoa FL and I notice data isn't working... hmm... no emails, no FB... reset phone... nada.. check cellular data button and settings.. on... turn off and back on... Nope... Cell data just dropped out... Oh well, came home and last night put 8.1 back on... it's been a while but my, this is nice... I'll stay with 8.1 until 10 is sorted I think. At least everything works in 8.1

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
On Lumia 1520 batery drain very fast!, an 50% over the preview biuld.
The notifications on tiles is slowly very.

Same with ICON...so bad on the drain that I got tempted and I've been rest driving a Note 5 this weekend...really hard to leave Windows Phone though.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

fgaudet

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Ahh I see. well I had the same problems with 10536. I'm on 10549 and haven't had any issues yet. I do have cortana disabled. This is something that is only an issue on 10549 from what I understand, so 10536 probably doesn't have the Cortana issue. Honestly, I am in love with 10549. Granted I've only been running it a few days but still no problems.

When I first installed 10536, everything was smooth, but it gradually deteriorated to the point of having about a 1 in 3 chance of an app not starting, and a 1 in 2 chance of having a never ending "resume" no matter what action I tried, and a 1 in 10 chance of a reboot for no reason.
Quite happy back on 8.1 for now, so snappy, no crash, no resume, joy!

hellstrm_robert

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I think it is ready for daily driver, runs very smooth so far. apps opening quickly, store very responsive. Fully comparable with 8.1. Just dont hope for "slowing down symptom"

Win10all

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site
i dont have it (cortana) on my win10 pc (based in sydney, australia). so it wont be available on the w10m is quiet normal .....

dbam987

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
I upgraded to build 10549 a few days ago, and skipped doing the hard reset thing. After an "Insider Fast configuration update" that showed up a few hours ago, the phone feels liquid buttery smooth. Loving it. Running on a Lumia 735. Will use this setup a my daily driver for the foreseeable future unless something major pops up.

amarr

Oct 19, 2015
Visit site
Re: Mobile Build 10166 - 10536 how do you like it?

did you had any wifi connectivity problem on your lumia 1520 after installing the build? ...mine is not working so rolling back to w8.1

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I've been having superb battery performance with 10549 on my 1520! I took the phone off the charger this morning and left for work at 8:45 am. Just got home around 11:15pm (yes, I worked a double shift!) and still have 49%! That's of course with light usage; couple phone calls, several texts, and some email, some web browsing, including the WC app.

I'm quite happy with the battery performance! I haven't had to worry or even think about putting my phone on a charger at work... Not like the previous build at all - it wouldn't make it through half a shift...

Protocol Rahul

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site

I have been on and off on these builds on my 1020, with every build released, tested for around a week and roll backed because of the bugs making it difficult to follow on. However this is the first build I have seen, running seemingly faster, fewer bugs, and that too without a reset yet. Scaling thing is Awesome, however at minimum DPI, back buttons stops loading the app switcher, Bluetooth is not recognizing my fitbit for some reasons, and apart from less than second loading and resuming screens, this build is awesome. However I would like to see default camera pickup update to support the 1020, Lumia camera works fine but is slow.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site

I have been on and off on these builds on my 1020, with every build released, tested for around a week and roll backed because of the bugs making it difficult to follow on. However this is the first build I have seen, running seemingly faster, fewer bugs, and that too without a reset yet. Scaling thing is Awesome, however at minimum DPI, back buttons stops loading the app switcher, Bluetooth is not recognizing my fitbit for some reasons, and apart from less than second loading and resuming screens, this build is awesome. However I would like to see default camera pickup update to support the 1020, Lumia camera works fine but is slow.

Are your battery/wifi/cellular data statistics working? Mine shows zero since I got 10549

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Was anyone ever able to get project my screen working with WM10? I've tried ever since 10512 but it still doesn't work.

Really would like project my screen to work again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb