Build 10549 Screams On my 928

Arsynic

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, seems faster, blah, blah, but this is real. There is a marked difference in performance between this and that last garbage build. Battery life has improved as well.

My phone is actually usable now. It feels closer to 8.1 performance-wise.

mjyumping

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Im waiting for replies a well. I'm currently in 10536 and battery is bad. Don't know if i will have a same positive result as you if my phone is 1320.

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
This is a really fast build. On my Lumia 635 the previous builds have been very slow in reaction to input, but this build is almost back to 8.1 levels. That is the most positive thing about this build so far. Shows that the smoothness of the 950XL when using it in the store wasn't solely because of the octacore CPU...

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, seems faster, blah, blah, but this is real. There is a marked difference in performance between this and that last garbage build. Battery life has improved as well.

My phone is actually usable now. It feels closer to 8.1 performance-wise.

I have a 928 running 10536 build was just waiting to see if it is worth updating, how long did it take you about and what path did you follow to do it would be a helpful to me. Did you have any problems with anything and did you do a master reset at the end. Thanks

Arsynic

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I have a 928 running 10536 build was just waiting to see if it is worth updating, how long did it take you about and what path did you follow to do it would be a helpful to me. Did you have any problems with anything and did you do a master reset at the end. Thanks
Downgraded to 8.1 (fast) and then upgraded to 10548 which was really slow due to 8.1 wanting to download every app under the sun and then another update. Then my 10548 install crashed after the gears completed and required a soft reset. After that it was smooth sailing.

I don't restore from backup and just keep a minimal install of essential apps. I decided to go all in because 10536 was so slow and Glance wasn't working for me even after a hard reset so I really had nothing to lose. Took me about 3 hours after all was said and done.

RaRa85

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
I must agree with you on this. It is really fast and smooth. However after installing initially and playing around with the build for about 10 minutes I went into the Edge browser to browse a standard site which caused it to crash. Then the "loading" bug came back where you can't get back to the start screen appeared. I was just about to do a hard reset and start from scratch but I left it alone. About 30-45 minutes later I got another notification for another update so I chose the "restart now" option. After the second batch of updates(I didn't check to see what it was actually) everything was back to normal and nice and fast. It hasn't crashed since last night before the second update. This is on my Lumia 920.

Sent from my D6616 using Tapatalk

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Thanks guy's for the info looks like I'll give it a run tomorrow, do I understand right glance is not working in this build?

Crimsonrellik

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
I know glance isn't working for me.
Neither is Extras+Info. (It is there but won't launch)

I even did a reset after install and no change.

baaahthesheep

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
Hey Arsynic or anyone else on the current build, can I get a confirmation that glance is indeed working even after a hard reset?

I'm in the same boat with a 928. I had the old build with glance working, did a hard reset and now it isn't available, so I reverted to 8.1. I was told that the new build has glance working even after a hard reset, is that right? It looks like it may be varying for people from this thread.

Last edited:

RaRa85

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Also take note that some apps will perpetually show as pending(don't worry you can still use them by tapping on them as any other time) in the app list I'm guessing until they find a fix for them. And apps like SuperTube, Movie Creator beta and others that would disappear when updating to W10M do not disappear after the update. This is a huge plus to me.

RaRa85

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Hey Arsynic or anyone else on the current build, can I get a confirmation that glance is indeed working even after a hard reset?

I'm in the same boat with a 928. I had the old build with glance working, did a hard reset and now it isn't available, so I reverted to 8.1. I was told that the new build has glance working even after a hard reset, is that right? It looks like it may be varying for people from this thread.
Glance screen does indeed work however as a warning we still have to "play it safe" with this build meaning if it's working fine try to change as little as possible. Right after I changed the glance screen settings and enabled it, the "loading" screen has appeared for the last 20 minutes and counting. It pains me that this bug has not been resolved yet by Microsoft.

Edit: So my phone finally got to the start screen. Upon inspection I found that all the apps in my app list that showed up as pending no longer display this way and are in the app list as normal. So maybe the "loading" bug is triggered by certain processes that were incomplete.

Last edited:

baaahthesheep

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
Ok thanks rara. Got the new build. Glance is working fine, and the build really is screaming fast comparatively to the previous one, so I decided not to risk it and hard reset. Am running into the start screen bug, though I think it's a bit better than last time. Also like the 175% scaling despite the task view not appearing bug.

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
It seems to be much faster for me, but I'm still getting that infernal Start Screen bug and I have crashes with background applications every so often. I also have the occasional graphical glitch especially when closing apps in Task View or returning to the Start Menu after something even remotely strenuous.

Racing Snake

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm another who has seen a marked improvement.
10536 was shocking, verrry slow, ate battery life, ate my data allowance (I assume stuck background apps). it crashed when trying to view pictures from the camera app. I had 2 instances of the phone 'going silent', meaning my alarm didn't wake me up :D and phone calls wouldn't work - it was really bad.

I rolled back to 8.1 then re-upgraded onto 10549 and it genuinely feels like a different phone.
Much faster, no crashes yet, I've not found anything which doesn't work (yet), I can't really comment on the battery life, but can't believe it'd be any worse than 10536!.
Really impressed with this build :excited:

(am on a 930)

RaRa85

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Well guys it really is fast and smooth......for a little while each day. In fact I haven't made it through a single day of use without the start screen "loading" bug coming back on my Lumia 920. Can anyone confirm whether a hard reset a complete wipe solves this problem completely or not as I'm considering it? Also can anyone confirm whether apps like SuperTube and Lumia suite of apps are in the W10M store or not. Thanks.

Nicholas Ek

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site
"Loading..." still happens on cold boot (very rarely otherwise) on my Lumia 920, albeit only for 4-6 seconds so I don't really mind. I have 32 tiles on my Start screen, and 12 of them are live. With all tiles unpinned, I still get "Loading..." on cold boot for roughly a second before being thrown to the app list.

RaRa85

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
"Loading..." still happens on cold boot (very rarely otherwise) on my Lumia 920, albeit only for 4-6 seconds so I don't really mind. I have 32 tiles on my Start screen, and 12 of them are live. With all tiles unpinned, I still get "Loading..." on cold boot for roughly a second before being thrown to the app list.
Thanks that's much more reasonable than the 20 minute plus cycles I've been getting consistently. I may have to hard reset then. And are SuperTube, Lumia Refocus, Camera, StoryTeller, and Movie Creator Beta still in the app store or do they disappear?

Dusan Randj

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
I'm having more problems with this build then with previous. It was really fast after install, but after installing few apps it slowed down. I've unpined almost everything from start screen, and still get loading on it. Task swotching is same as woth prevoius build. Photo back up on one drive doesn't work now, sometimes don't get notifications for SmS, skype videodoesn't work.
I've done hard reset.I'm using Lumia 735. I'll try tommorow to get back to 8.1 and reinstall really hope for better experience, but...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon