How is your battery life on W10M build 10549?

snakebitten

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
"Messaging" app was draining my 1520. Is that what's killing everyone else's?

Once your historical texts all sync, does your battery usage return to normal?
Took 24 hours for texts to catch up. Brutal while it lasted.

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Still worse than on 8.1, and it's miles behind. But a little better I think than the previous build.
I can get throughout the day with light-to-mid usage. But if I want to do stuff, it just melts away.
I have to say I'm using max display brightness, I just like it that way.
On 8.1, I also used the same brightness and I'd get a whole day of usage EASY.

firdausikal

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys, can you recommend any good battery usage monitoring app. One that gives graphs and discharge/charge rates fairly accurately but doesn't drain the battery while doing so and has no ads. The one I had doesn't work well with wm10
I am using Battery Performance, but can't see battery usage on each apps.

Johnchill59

Jan 24, 2015
Visit site
My 1520 won't last 3 hours even with no usage. Last build was much better. If I can't figure out the app causing the problem soon, I'll have to go back to 8.1. Last 3 builds have worked much better than this one for me. Bummer!!!

firdausikal

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
I know I sound like an echo but does your battery report that messaging app as having the majority of the battery usage?

My messaging apps are BBM and WhatsApp. And it's not that bad for the battery usage. My primary battery eater is Microsoft Edge, and with continuously usage can make my Lumia 730 only life for less than 10 hours.

mjyumping

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: how is your battery life on w10m build 10549?

Well, the 10536 was got very worst before I left it for 10549. I got drop from 92% to 32% just with a restart. Now that I am on 10549, all I can say now of course is it is better.

Alescro

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
"Messaging" app was draining my 1520. Is that what's killing everyone else's?

Once your historical texts all sync, does your battery usage return to normal?
Took 24 hours for texts to catch up. Brutal while it lasted.

The messaging app drained 55% of battery power during the last 24 hours. This is just crazy and it doesn't look like it's stopping.

Aziz Abdurachman

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys, can you please tell me how is battery life and heat issue if Cortana is turned off completely?
I really miss the great feature of W10M but I only have one Lumia 620, and in 10536 my phone died in 8 hours in light-moderate use even without Cortana. That's why I had go back to WP8.1.

Hi guys, can you recommend any good battery usage monitoring app. One that gives graphs and discharge/charge rates fairly accurately but doesn't drain the battery while doing so and has no ads. The one I had doesn't work well with wm10
I use this one https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...Fapps%2Fbattery%2F9wzdncrfjc2z&token=l0Lq_col
It's simplest and good one The charge/discharge rate is off by default, you can turn it on in its setting, and Ads can be removed by in-app purchase.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys, can you please tell me how is battery life and heat issue if Cortana is turned off completely?
I really miss the great feature of W10M but I only have one Lumia 620, and in 10536 my phone died in 8 hours in light-moderate use even without Cortana. That's why I had go back to WP8.1.

I use this one https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...Fapps%2Fbattery%2F9wzdncrfjc2z&token=gjRQwsBG
It's simplest and good one The charge/discharge rate is off by default, you can turn it on in its setting, and Ads can be removed by in-app purchase.

That's the one I have which isn't working well in WM10

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Updated yesterday 22 core apps on my 520, and suddenly the phone stopped overheating and battery draining!
Then I checked and polished the sd card using a pc (last build seems can't checking sd by itself in case of problems!) and apps on it opens faster and doesn' crash till now

Only main iussue forn now, sms doesn't notify on lock screen... again...

Zeroplanetz

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I cant say about battery. Every two or three screen taps on my lumia 920 and it freezes up for about 30 or more seconds. the screen goes hay wire. I preferred the last build on my 920. That build I could at least use and it had decent battery life for me and my phone never got hot and the it just worked better.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb