How is your battery life on W10M build 10549?

nasellok

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Re: how is your battery life on w10m build 10549?

When I first updated, it was abysmal..........I turned Cortana off, did a soft reset, and now its at/close to 8.1 levels...........Lumia Icon

Doug Swallow

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I really have almost nothing that good to say about 10549 on my Lumia 1020. A couple times a day I swear at it and think about going back to 8.1, then decide to stick it out hoping updates come quickly. After all, we have to be getting close to something stable if the 950 and 950 XL will ship in the next month or so. But I don't see it. Maybe it's specific to certain devices, but on the other hand, it's just too close to release for the kinds of things I'm seeing now.

For battery usage, I'm seeing maybe 6 to 8 hours at most. It just drains quickly no matter what. And I've yet to see anything useful from battery usage on the phone. This is what it always looks like:

wp_ss_20151018_0001.png

Jay George

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
Downright terrible on my 930, along with unexplainable overheating it is the worst build I had on the battery aspect.

Same on the Icon (929). I wish we had Task Manager/Resource Manager so that we could ID what process is exactly that is killing the batteries. Maybe after those programs get universalified.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site

Battery life is same on 1520 but it does get warm . Think MS doesn't get it every build has do many issues .
Don't know how they will release it in 2 months ..

A lot of people said that with Windows 10....and there was still bugs. Microsoft is one of the many companies that have turned to "Let's release it on XX/XX date and if there is still issues, we'll fix it with updates"

Forcing them to hit a deadline, instead of when the product is actually done. Microsoft USED to be like that.

I hate this model in software, you'll see a lot of Xbox one games like this....

Remember the last game you purchased in the store on release day for the Xbox one and when you installed it there was a 1gb of higher updates for it ? Yea, this model....

kurdochali

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
There is an amazing app called Insider. It has shortcuts for WiFi, BT, Flight Mode, Cellular Data, a flash light, a very detailed battery usage with graphs, draining apps, etc, lockscreen images, latest windows phone specification news, and many more. Try it.

kangeles

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
Surprisingly not so bad and certainly not "much" worse with previous W10 builds. Better than 8.1, no, I don't think so but it's been very long time since I had 8.1 on my 830.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site

Disabled Cortana, NFC, Bluetooth(if not in use), mobile data(when not in use), some privacy settings and backgrounds apps. It gets the same battery life as 8.1 (10-15 hours) if I use it lightly but if I use it normally, battery becomes really bad like only around 5 hours

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I really have almost nothing that good to say about 10549 on my Lumia 1020. A couple times a day I swear at it and think about going back to 8.1, then decide to stick it out hoping updates come quickly. After all, we have to be getting close to something stable if the 950 and 950 XL will ship in the next month or so. But I don't see it. Maybe it's specific to certain devices, but on the other hand, it's just too close to release for the kinds of things I'm seeing now.

For battery usage, I'm seeing maybe 6 to 8 hours at most. It just drains quickly no matter what. And I've yet to see anything useful from battery usage on the phone. This is what it always looks like:

View attachment 114596

You have the same problem I have. Phew!. I thought I was the only one

I've raised it in the feedback app

J Ice70

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
Huge improvement for me. I had battery problem I couldn't get rid of since Verizon last firmware patch. Now gone. No heating issue, and stands up to heavy use. Best my phone has been in quite some time

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site

Heavy use I'm getting like 4 hours. I can probably squeeze 6-8 with medium usage

bc9a4b5b0332eee4b8425e7b4952acc9.png

fb2ab98972aa6721a36d7b49a834a13a.png

NeoGohan

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
Very horrible for me on a Lumia 1520. 3-4 hours of light use and it dies. I can barely get it to charge at a fast rate either. Have to go back to 8.1 for this to be usable for me.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Very horrible for me on a Lumia 1520. 3-4 hours of light use and it dies. I can barely get it to charge at a fast rate either. Have to go back to 8.1 for this to be usable for me.

I guess your lumia still not updating all core apps automatically. After this, my Lumia came back to its orginal battery life and cpu temperature. Double check your sd card also, inserting it in a pc slot and not using your phone and a usb cable!

Aziz Abdurachman

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site

Heavy use I'm getting like 4 hours. I can probably squeeze 6-8 with medium usage
Is the background apps control really work in this build? I remember in 10536 even I not allowed it to run in background I still receive notification and updating live tile in real time.

nasellok

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Same on the Icon (929). I wish we had Task Manager/Resource Manager so that we could ID what process is exactly that is killing the batteries. Maybe after those programs get universalified.

I have the Icon, basically the same as the 930............make sure you turn off Cortana, update all the apps in the store, and soft reset your phone. My Icon is now lasting 1+ days again........

greedo_greedy

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
On my Lumia 822 with build 10549 the battery has improved lots. I'd dare say close to 8.1 levels.

Initially, the battery would hold but after it goes under 80% it would start draining like crazy. A hard reset fixed it. :smile:

Allen Rhodes

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
L1020, off charge at 645a, now 10:08... 66% and ive received one text. Again, to the point we shouldnt need to cripple the device by disabling all the unique features that make WP10m great. Step it up MS. Seems to be the Nokia phones with issues, or is it just me?

Mohan_vk

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
I'm using latest build on my Lumia 730 for last two days. Battery life is good like 8.1. I like tablet mode and no loading issue like previous build.

Aamod Potdar

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
I dont know if Cortana is really at fault but battery backup has really increased on my Lumia 820 after disabling Cortana.

Initially , battery performance was terrible. It wouldnt even last for 5-6 hrs (lumia battery is 2.5 yrs old) . I had decided to go back to 8.1 only due to battery issues as I couldnt use it as my daily driver. But I stumbled about Cortana issue on this forum and I disabled Cortana last night. After that I have almost got 20 hrs of battery backup. And I am amazed. I had charged my phone to 100% at around 10 PM last night and switched of mobile data and wifi. Next morning 8 AM , there wasnt even 1% drop in battery. I switched on mobile data and Wifi , so from 8 AM to 8 PM tonight I had 15% battery left. Simply amazing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99