Messaging app on Windows 10549 Crashing

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else having this issue?

I use a Lumia 640 XL(Dual Sim) and it seems that it crashes a lot on the latest tech build. Everything else seems to work well enough except this. I am all positive it only started doing this after I connected my skype.

It will open and I can text but it'll randomly crash/close and i'll keep hitting the tile multiple times before it opens.

It's expected, this is a tech build, but is there a fix or a way to disconnect my skype?

tut1234

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
I had message crash on my L520. Go into store, downloads, check for updates. They are pushing a lot of updates. Also, after a lot of updates I always do soft reset.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

DeathMoJo

May 24, 2015
Visit site
Same thing happening to me. Mostly closes when I already have it open and receive another text. Takes a few tries to open it back up. Had no issues with it last tech build and I have not connected my Skype account during this build yet so I would say it is just the app. Hopefully they fix this and its battery drain the next time they update the app.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Updated yesterday 22 core apps on my 520, and suddenly the phone stopped overheating and battery draining!
Then I checked and polished the sd card using a pc (last build seems can't checking sd by itself in case of problems!) and apps on it opens faster and doesn' crash till now

Only main iussue forn now, sms doesn't notify on lock screen... again...

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I had to roll back to windows phone 8.1 as the crashing and freezing was getting on my nerves and on top of that messages werrent coming in or displaying as they should

fredd

Feb 15, 2008
Visit site
On Lumia 735 and sometimes have to tap on it twice. but it comes and goes. This build is by far better than last. Nothing to go back to 8.1 for.

920Walker

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else having this issue?

I use a Lumia 640 XL(Dual Sim) and it seems that it crashes a lot on the latest tech build. Everything else seems to work well enough except this. I am all positive it only started doing this after I connected my skype.

It will open and I can text but it'll randomly crash/close and i'll keep hitting the tile multiple times before it opens.

It's expected, this is a tech build, but is there a fix or a way to disconnect my skype?

I've had problems replying to group texts. The first one after the build opened fine, but after starting a reply and before sending the final reply group texting is now broke. Uninstalling the new messaging app, reinstalling, everything but a hard reset has still not worked. Contacting the sender to resend the message to just me to see meeting place directions for example is a bit embarrassing, but I can't go back to Xbox music.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I've had problems replying to group texts. The first one after the build opened fine, but after starting a reply and before sending the final reply group texting is now broke. Uninstalling the new messaging app, reinstalling, everything but a hard reset has still not worked. Contacting the sender to resend the message to just me to see meeting place directions for example is a bit embarrassing, but I can't go back to Xbox music.

Checking and formatting the sd card using a pc resolved a lot of crashes on my lumia

Felix Wong

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
I am having also having crashing issues with the Messaging app on my Lumia 640 XL Dual Sim, but using Windows Phone 8.1!

Specifically, the message app crashes upon opening about 70% of the time. Sometimes I have to try to open it 4 times to get it to stay open. In addition, it can take 2 seconds for the app to open, saying "Loading."

This happens even after rebooting the phone. Not sure what to do; since that is the only app that crashes, I am not going to try a hard reset. My plan is to wait for the Windows 10 Mobile release and hope it fixes it.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I am having also having crashing issues with the Messaging app on my Lumia 640 XL Dual Sim, but using Windows Phone 8.1!

Specifically, the message app crashes upon opening about 70% of the time. Sometimes I have to try to open it 4 times to get it to stay open. In addition, it can take 2 seconds for the app to open, saying "Loading."

This happens even after rebooting the phone. Not sure what to do; since that is the only app that crashes, I am not going to try a hard reset. My plan is to wait for the Windows 10 Mobile release and hope it fixes it.
I'm confused. Is this happening on windows 10 or wp 8.1 for you.

greedo_greedy

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Noticed this too on my Nokia Lumia 822.
It doesn't happen quite too often thankfully but it does rear its ugly head occasionally.

I'm not sure though if it is 10549's fault, I believe an app update should fix it.

And yeah, I really do not like the fact that this app is merged with Skype. I hope we could decouple it.

sd2015

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
My messaging app on my Lumia 950 still crashes. Even after the recent update. I thought at first I was accidentally pushing the 'home' button, but I carefully watched what I was doing after it did that the first time, and I am not pushing the home key. I just got the newest update at least 2 weeks ago, and this was supposed to resolve any of those issues, correct?
I know I can't be the only person with this issue. In fact, it's really made me a very sad consumer because I got this brand new the weekend after it came out. The first one had all kinds of issues, including a SIM error message, even after getting a new SIM. I really honestly loved my larger phone (the one before this phone) and I miss it. I really wish that one would work again. This one is pretty cool though. The people at the store were able to give me another phone, free of charge, due to it possibly being a damaged device. Very rare to get one, but it does happen.
Has anyone else had these issues with this new Lumia? Not only crashing messages, but, sometimes, when unlocking the screen, it turns weird colors, like it had been left out in the sun all day, and then it quickly goes back to normal after it is unlocked. It also seems like sometimes I can hear the phone ring, while other times I cannot. Now, on this issue, I changed the music to something that is really loud already. I left that ringtone there for about 2 days. I still missed 2 phone calls, and I didn't hear it ring those two times, while volume was almost all the way up. That's a bit better than missing almost 4 phone calls. lol! That could also be an issue with my ears..lol!!
Anywho, I was just wondering if anyone had any other issues, like what I've been experiencing? I absolutely love my WP! I wish there was a way to make these bigger though from what I'm understanding, in doing that, the screen isn't as 'fluid' as a phone that is a bit smaller. :) I can't wait til the next update! Let's hope it resolves a lot of these issues, and maybe has something a bit MORE planned! Like, oh I dunno, VR and 4D touch! :D haha!!

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
My messaging app on my Lumia 950 still crashes. Even after the recent update. I thought at first I was accidentally pushing the 'home' button, but I carefully watched what I was doing after it did that the first time, and I am not pushing the home key. I just got the newest update at least 2 weeks ago, and this was supposed to resolve any of those issues, correct?
I know I can't be the only person with this issue. In fact, it's really made me a very sad consumer because I got this brand new the weekend after it came out. The first one had all kinds of issues, including a SIM error message, even after getting a new SIM. I really honestly loved my larger phone (the one before this phone) and I miss it. I really wish that one would work again. This one is pretty cool though. The people at the store were able to give me another phone, free of charge, due to it possibly being a damaged device. Very rare to get one, but it does happen.
Has anyone else had these issues with this new Lumia? Not only crashing messages, but, sometimes, when unlocking the screen, it turns weird colors, like it had been left out in the sun all day, and then it quickly goes back to normal after it is unlocked. It also seems like sometimes I can hear the phone ring, while other times I cannot. Now, on this issue, I changed the music to something that is really loud already. I left that ringtone there for about 2 days. I still missed 2 phone calls, and I didn't hear it ring those two times, while volume was almost all the way up. That's a bit better than missing almost 4 phone calls. lol! That could also be an issue with my ears..lol!!
Anywho, I was just wondering if anyone had any other issues, like what I've been experiencing? I absolutely love my WP! I wish there was a way to make these bigger though from what I'm understanding, in doing that, the screen isn't as 'fluid' as a phone that is a bit smaller. :) I can't wait til the next update! Let's hope it resolves a lot of these issues, and maybe has something a bit MORE planned! Like, oh I dunno, VR and 4D touch! :D haha!!

Is your 950 a dual sim? Try removin 2nd sim

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon