Errors and Bugs in W10M Build 10549

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShyAmkuMarII

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
Here are some list such as New, Crash, Missing, Games Review, Apps Review, Downloading, Camera, Battery, Heating

NEW:
1) Under Privacy : Call history.
2) Landscape mode in settings shows like in (Pic)
3) Notification bar has five in a line.
4) Multitasking (both in Landscape & Portrait) in 5 Inch screen with Four apps or games in one page.

CRASH/PROBLEM:
1) Started more after Update Insider Fast Configuration
2) While Pressing the Multitasking button please see in screen a SMALL BOX Appears.

MISSING:
1) z Storage in Settings

Games Review:
1) GTA San Andreas - Working
2) The Amazing Spiderman (XBOX) - After upgrading to W10M it was Crashing (not even opening) but in build 10549 its WORKING.
3) Overkill 3 - Crashing NOT OPENING, second time it starts and take some time to load.
4) Brothers in arms - Working
5) Dead Trigger - Working
6) Tiny Tropper (1&2) - Working
7) Dream League Soccer - Hanging in between ever few minutes unable to score a single goal.
8) Dungeon Hunter 5 - Taking time to load, and starts, its screen blinking every few seconds, - Working
9) Halo SA Lite - Right Touch is Not Working.
10) SBK15 - Working
11) Six Guns - Crashing after selecting single player, unlimited times crashing..(fed up)
12) Stick Cricket Premier League - Crashing after some time and it is the MAJOR problem because it makes my MOBILE TO RESTART AGAIN AND AGAIN (PLEASE download this game and see the same thing happens)
13) Twins Minigame -
14) Candy Crush Soda Saga - Crashing after long play.

APPS Review:
1) File Explorer - Not allowing other apps to go which ever storage you want to select its just crashing.
2) Hyperlaspe Mobile - Working,

Downloading:
1) Speed has been decreased for download it takes more time than previous build.

Camera:
1) On first Instance, if your screen is off and you press camera button it vibrates and show loading in black and after some time it starts. If you repeats again this time its QUICK. No PRoblem.

BATTERY:
Its consuming a lot in next build instead of fixing bugs you should fix first battery draining problem.

HEATING:
Due to Battery Draining while playing some games its heating a lot and you know am testing in L830 it has aluminium body so unable to hold the phone (ITS TOO HOT) while in landscape mode.

Thank You,

Tested BUILD 10549 in LUMIA 830.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
All main iussues resolved, but 2 new: sms notification in lock screen and live tile is gone... again...
And Photo app crash when trying to save a photo from Edge

odin09

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
On my Icon apps are crashing and the phone is not as smooth. I still haven't spent enough time to see how the battery is but overall I had much better luck with the last build.

hazqeel

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
after using for 2 days without any major issues but now i cant turn on my phone power button not working i can only see glance screen

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Lumia 1020, Country -Kenya

Errors/Bugs
1. Data usage statistics showing zero - both for wifi and cellular
2. Battery - apps usage statistics showing zero
3. Lumia camera will open in portrait mode and be stuck in that mode if opened when phone is locked
4. Movie/videos app invisible - it will be used when a video is selected from file explorer
5. When display is scaled at lowest setting (175%), app switcher/task viewer won't open
6. Music player couldn't play most of my songs - sorted out by going back to 8.1 cyan and starting afresh
7. Battery draining faster than normal when phone is in use. However when on standby, battery use is fairly constant like in 8.1
8. Project my screen doesn't work with WM10, whichever build I've tried from 10512

That's it for now. Seeing how tomorrow will be as I go on a photo expedition

bigbmc26

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
Yadda yadda... Just do a hard reset and get over it, or even roll back to 8.1. Literally no one forced you to participate in the preview. Send your complaints through the feedback app, where it is actually useful.

All complaints HAVE been sent through the feedback app and moving back to 8.1 isn't the point. 3 hard resets haven't corrected the issues. My point is, if the previous build worked well, why release a build that's worse? They could have kept this build and pushed out a more polished one. It's a step back in usability. So you can "yadda, yadda" all you want, but when phones are expected to release next month, Microsoft really shouldn't be releasing builds this bad.

Saifullah Unar

Aug 8, 2015
Visit site
In Lumia 535- Pakistan (Saifullah Unar)
After upgrading to Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview following Issues are detected:
There is proximity sensor issue.
Takes time while unlocking.
2G/ 3G options not visible 3G works perfect.

fredd

Feb 15, 2008
Visit site
All complaints HAVE been sent through the feedback app and moving back to 8.1 isn't the point. 3 hard resets haven't corrected the issues. My point is, if the previous build worked well, why release a build that's worse? They could have kept this build and pushed out a more polished one. It's a step back in usability. So you can "yadda, yadda" all you want, but when phones are expected to release next month, Microsoft really shouldn't be releasing builds this bad.
I think you and a majority of people have missed the point of these previews. There are experiments going on with each build some phones work good and some bad with different builds. Its plain to see when i read the forums on who should do the preview and who should stay on 8.1 until the official build comes out.

Leonel Funes

Windows 10 & Xbox Champion
Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
It's interesting to see so many bugs people found in this latest build. I have the Lumia Icon. My issue:

Can't install other keyboard languages. That's it...
Everything else is great - especially the new Start screen (has 4 medium columns instead of 3) and switching apps shows more apps at once.

Hope all those bugs get killed next time around

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Bugs are expected on Technical Previews because that's what they are. A feature gets put in for testing and if all goes reasonably well, it may be removed to allow for something else. This is not meant to be for daily drivers and Microsoft has warned people ad nauseum. If you're running the TP on your main device and are having problems you have nobody to blame but yourselves. The idea was to load the TP on a spare device for bench testing and to provide feedback, not for people to load it because they simply couldn't wait for the retail release.

I've loaded various builds on different handsets including 10549 but invariably go back to 8.1. Why? Because no matter how fast or stable a build is, it's not ready for everyday use if notifications are not available.

manomic

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
Battery issue seems to be with Facebook / Facebook Beta app. Once I uninstalled them the battery went back to normal. Before uninstalling, without any use I had 5-7 % drops every 20 mins. I have a 1520 and get about 2 days with 10549.. with Facebook on I get about a day! The drain happens only after opening Facebook at least once after a reboot.

anon(5383410)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
New message notifications aren't showing on the outlook tile. I want to keep the build but I can't miss work emails.

Also, there doesn't appear to be a way to disable sounds for an app without disabling notifications too. I could be wrong, but what I see in settings is the option to "manage in-app sounds". When I choose this option it shows a list of apps with an on/off toggle. The problem is you can't toggle it by individual sounds (notification, sounds) you can only disable everything for the app.

I knew something was up because I disabled sounds in the main setings page by unchecking the boxes for key press, etc but I was still hearing sounds in all my apps.

This has got to be something new.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
The only issues I have that you have is lumia video if I click on the video icon. But if you go to settings and set "press and hold" to do video. You can record video as long as you are holding the camera key.

WinSammie

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
It's interesting to see so many bugs people found in this latest build. I have the Lumia Icon. My issue:

Can't install other keyboard languages. That's it...
Everything else is great - especially the new Start screen (has 4 medium columns instead of 3) and switching apps shows more apps at once.

Hope all those bugs get killed next time around
This 'bug' is easy to kill: just reactivate Windows Insider on the fast ring and you can download the keyboard languages!

killinghall

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
1. Outlook rejects my ISPs SMTP. A colleague using the same ISP confirmed the same issue. Workaround: used Yahoo's SMTP instead.

2. Groove Music installed but missing from apps list. Workaround: Got it pinned via an album instead.

3. Nokia account app won't update in store. Known problem I believe.

4. When plugged to the charger and restarting phone, it occasionally loops at Nokia logo startup. Workaround: unplug during restart.

Racing Snake

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
As mentioned by someone else, I don't seem to have any of the bugs listed so far?!!
But I have found a genuine bug today which I have reported on the insider hub.

When setting the data usage limit date, the date shown is actually the date prior to the one you select in the drop down.
For example, I select "20th" from the drop down, and the date is set to 19th.
So I've set it to "21st" as the reset date, and this has now registered as the "20th".

Also on the data usage, it didn't recognise the change in dates in the usage statistics until I completely removed the data limit settings and re-entered them from scratch.

Scouseman

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
My screen goes crazy half the time when it's unlocked, so crazy I even see what looks like Chinese writing at the top of the screen. Happens too quick to take a screen shot, I've tried. Not to mention notification center dont work. I also tried hard reset.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
My screen goes crazy half the time when it's unlocked, so crazy I even see what looks like Chinese writing at the top of the screen. Happens too quick to take a screen shot, I've tried. Not to mention notification center dont work. I also tried hard reset.

It could be a sd card iussue (often corrupted by prev builds). Extact it and double check integrity in a notebook sd slot (not by usb cable and phone)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte