Errors and Bugs in W10M Build 10549

Status
Not open for further replies.

Byrese

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
We need one thread to reach the various errors. What is the community springing bug Wise with this build? For me it's:

1. Tweetium-won't download
2. Lumia Camera- video won't work...have to use Windows Camera.
3. Some tiles like photos are not consistent.
4. WC live tile won't turn on.

That's what I got. U?

rizzo183

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
1. Wi-Fi won't turn on. And i've had this problem with all previous builds of W10 preview as well. I always had to roll back to WP8.1.

Does anyone have a fix?

phone: L525
ps- I tried restarting and soft resetting the phone

midnightfrolic

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
error updating apps in the Store. Just whittled it down to 2 apps with the error now, but annoyingly burning through my data unless I kill the Store app. It downloads, fails, then retries in an endless cycle.

If apps do get updated, it's bests to soft reset (aka, reboot) your phone to ensure it is working properly. In my case it is the 640XL. Same when moving and deleting apps. After moving/updating/uninstalling or system changes, reboot phone.

example, I uninstalled Facebook. Then tried to immediately install it again. Store says app is still installed, even though the icon is no longer on the START screen nor in the app list.Rebooted phone fixed it. Win10 M now thinks app is no longer installed so the Store allowed me to reinstall it.

muvig

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
I had this bug of phone failing to show start screen, it would show. 'loading' for sometimes up to 20 minutes. This made my phone unusable when you needed it most. This was on 920. I am now back on 8.1

Nicholas Ek

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site
  • No AoW subsystem, but that is not a bug.
  • Text gets jagged in some apps when using non-default scaling level because of improper antialiasing.
  • On regular-sized devices, at scaling levels which make it phablet-y, the task switcher won't show up in portrait mode and any app that only supports portrait-mode (i.e. Start, Facebook, Messenger, etc.).
  • Loading the Start screen after cold boot is still slow and "Loading..." time depends on how busy your start screen is. If you can, keep your Start screen less busy until the bug is fixed. (I think the main cause is that the Start screen is now an app, and so is the Lock screen.)

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Font rendering on my 640 XL is bad. Details explained here with a few examples. The bottomline is that no matter what scaling I choose in system settings, the fonts look bad. I went back to 8.1 Update 2 and don't have that problem. I also did not have that problem in previous W10M build.
One hypothesis is that the fonts will look OK at 100%, however, the lowest setting I can choose is 125%.

Last edited:

mihnat

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
Groove cannot play music from music pass and after scrolling through countless songs gives registry-looking errors (0xc00d11df). Tried signing out of account, soft reset then signing back in but still gives errors. Cannot uninstall and reinstall Groove music either on this build.

BrayMatter

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
In Canada. Cant add any speech language whatsoever. Not even US. Just blank screen when I click add. Did hard reset twice. Therefore, no speech, no texts over Bluetooth, no Cortana.

This is on a 930. Worked fine on previous build.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Would be good to know what phone you're using when you mention the issues. With the exception of Hey Cortana, my HTC One M8, hasn't seen any of what has been listed here so far. I'll update if I do bump into something.

bigbmc26

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
I hate this build on my 640! I have more lag than I've ever had on this device. Messaging opens when it wants to. Texting is laggy and slow. Cortana search isn't working. My font is off like the poster above states.EDGE is useless, pages state white and never load. Microsoft should be ashamed of themselves for this garbage.

Nicholas Ek

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site
I hate this build on my 640! I have more lag than I've ever had on this device. Messaging opens when it wants to. Texting is laggy and slow. Cortana search isn't working. My font is off like the poster above states.EDGE is useless, pages state white and never load. Microsoft should be ashamed of themselves for this garbage.

Yadda yadda... Just do a hard reset and get over it, or even roll back to 8.1. Literally no one forced you to participate in the preview. Send your complaints through the feedback app, where it is actually useful.

xrs22

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I am not getting notifications from my messaging app. No vibrate, no sound and no action center! Nokia Icon

Same here same phone.
1. Stalling on some apps when you back out of them and when you wanna go back in, nothing, oem messaging app for example
2. Still "loading" is present.
3. Unable to check your recent pic in the little bubble in camera mode and sometimes the camera crashes and have to restart the camera.
4. Groove music still lags on the songs before it starts or crashes.
That's about it for now

milap patel

Oct 19, 2015
Visit site
Thts true , no one forced to join this..but there should be previous bugs fixation continue in new build,,,every new build has previous bug shown which is already solved...why microsoft is not keep maintaining bugs solution in new builds...we have to check/test again and again from scratch...ex. microsoft edge- every time new bugs which was already solved by them only in previous builds.this is frustrating.

mnsiw

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
Thts true , no one forced to join this..but there should be previous bugs fixation continue in new build,,,every new build has previous bug shown which is already solved.

Agreed, like they added 3G only option to sim settings in previous build and then removed it again in current build, I really didn't get how are they developing it.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Thts true , no one forced to join this..but there should be previous bugs fixation continue in new build,,,every new build has previous bug shown which is already solved...why microsoft is not keep maintaining bugs solution in new builds...we have to check/test again and again from scratch...ex. microsoft edge- every time new bugs which was already solved by them only in previous builds.this is frustrating.

Here's what's new and improved in the Windows 10 Mobile preview build 10549 | Windows Central
Here's what's been fixed and what's broken in the Windows 10 Mobile preview build 10549 | Windows Central

milap patel

Oct 19, 2015
Visit site
sir...I knew the article and read already and yes bug solved as shown in the article... but I mean few bugs that are already solved in previous builds but now they come again in this build...apart from the bugs solved shown in this article...anyways I will check and post my views in the coming new build...and yes already I gave feedbacks in insider feedback zone...so I am not posting it again here...so wait for the new build.

Thanks a lot.

shadow118

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Some, that I've noticed on my 830:

1. Groove music won't play almost all of my local songs, didn't have this issue in 8.1 or in the last build. Installed Perfect Music, that seems to play everything just fine, but I'm not a fan of the interface
2. In the messaging app, when trying to open a skype group chat, the app crashes. Seems to be working ok for regular skype chats and SMS
3. No Lumia Camera to be found in the store.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb