About sending SMS messages from Cortana in Windows 10 (desktop)

alb3530

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
After reading the article

You will be able to send text messages through Windows 10 to phones | Windows Central

, I thought there could be some wrong interpretation from
"From there, the message is sent and received to a Windows 10 Mobile emulator"

The article includes a WinBeta video, where the feature is shown.

Some points about the video:

-Zac uses Cortana in the desktop to compose a SMS message to Kathleen Kalarus (some of his contacts);
-The phone being projected in Zac's PC is a real phone (let's assume it's his phone);
-When Zac sends the SMS using his desktop PC, the SMS is tranferred to his phone;
-His phone then sends the message to Kathleen Kalarus using giffgaff's cellular network;

Best regards

ausidog

Jan 24, 2015
Visit site
Yes, this feature is now rolled out to all insiders running the newest pc and mobile builds. I sent a few texts today using it. Also, Cortana shows missed phone calls on your PC notification center. When you touch/click on the notification, cortana lets you respond to the phone call with a text message.

dioni87

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Yes, this feature is now rolled out to all insiders running the newest pc and mobile builds. I sent a few texts today using it. Also, Cortana shows missed phone calls on your PC notification center. When you touch/click on the notification, cortana lets you respond to the phone call with a text message.
This feature need Windows 10 Insider on PC ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12