Why no Vibrate on Alarms?

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
We're not Microsoft, but here's why I think there's no vibrate function for alarms:

Alarms usually go off around eight hours after a phone's last charge (based on the average/recommended number of hours for sleep, and that a phone shouldn't be left charging overnight with the phone beside the person to avoid unwanted electric shocks). The electric motor used to make an eccentric weight rotate causing the vibration consumes a lot of power. If the alarm goes off with the vibrate function on, the phone would start to lose the remaining power it has (after the eight hours of standby). This may work if the person easily wakes up, if the person doesn't use the "Snooze" function and if the battery is still new. Once the battery ages, and if the person is fond of the Snooze function, the chance that the phone would simply die becomes higher with every Snooze, in addition to the number of other factors that may start draining the battery of the phone even before eight hours are up - therefore risking not waking the user up at all.

The user would rather have a persistent noisy alarm, rather than an alarm that would stop ringing after a few minutes.

P.S.
This goes the same in case the vibrate function is already available.

Loxias

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
That's a crazy answer for a feature that is available in 8.x and as of 10549 supposed to have returned to Win10. Please don't take that as being snarky as it isn't meant that way. I just know many folks want/need this feature and many of those same people charge their phones overnight.

That said, has anyone figured out how to do vibrate only alarms in 10549? I'm not seeing the option when setting up an alarm.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720