Who's got build 10572? How's it working for you?

KyleGM

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
So with all the praise this build was getting I installed it on my daily device, and I am happy to report that I think it's going to stay there now. I have no issues with this build whatsoever, the only thing I could complain about is that Motion Data won't update or work, but I never use it anyway so not really an issue for me. It's faster than 8.2, the new features are so useful, Groove is an amazing music player that fixed everything I didn't like about the old one. Emails are working beautifully, all my messages are in the messaging app. Battery is exactly the same as before, I'm on day 2 without charging and it's at 4% so no change there.

I can't wait for the final build if it's working this nice so far!

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Is the problem with the photos app not seeing pics on the SD card universal, or does it work fine for most people? My photos tile is looking very boring atm.

HXD

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
I don't have any problem with notifications on my L830, I suggest you do a hard reset and see if it solves your problem as it seems you are the only one with your problems .

LOL, really? Go back a few pages and read other people's posts, man, before you jump in and single me. The Notifications system IS bugged. Maybe it's device related, maybe it's just random. But, these bugs are present. I bet your Start screen is empty, or you don't even use any of the Apps mentioned, and claiming their Tiles work for you.
And about the Hard reset, thanks for the advice anyway, already rolled back a few times to confirm it.

tut1234

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Got updates for MS camera and MS photos today. Seemed to have fixed the problem where camera photos were not showing up in photos app. But twice when I took photos today, camera said, "something went wrong.".
Also, outlook mail and calendar app updated. Outlook notifications are showing up on lock screen.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Folks, stop making pointless, unfounded assumptions about other people's use patterns, intentions etc. E.g. if somebody suggests a hard reset, do not imply that the same person assumes you are ignorant. Simply reply with a - thanks, but I've tried that already - and not a diatribe on why that suggestion is trying to put you in a bad light.

I am specifically referring to the last two pages of this thread.

We are here to help each other.

tut1234

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Is the problem with the photos app not seeing pics on the SD card universal, or does it work fine for most people? My photos tile is looking very boring atm.

Mine is working. Go into photo app and see if it indexed all your photos. Also, photo and camera app got an update today, goto the store and get it. There was a problem where photo app was not seeing camera photo right away, that seems to be fixed. I did a soft reset after app update.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

don437

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
LOL, really? Go back a few pages and read other people's posts, man, before you jump in and single me. The Notifications system IS bugged. Maybe it's device related, maybe it's just random. But, these bugs are present. I bet your Start screen is empty, or you don't even use any of the Apps mentioned, and claiming their Tiles work for you.
And about the Hard reset, thanks for the advice anyway, already rolled back a few times to confirm it.

same issue

Rune Christiansen

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
I've installed it on an old Lumia 620 and I had actually given up on the thought that it could end up as fast as 8 or 8.1, but this version has redeemed my faith in Win 10M, as it is so much faster and stable. It is actually in a usable state now, compared to before with up to half a minute of waiting between opening certain things.

Bearach

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site

Well, to be fair, it seems it's only select applications that have an issue. This would indicate an application issue with this build, not a notification issue as the likely culprit.

udayk

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site
The Messaging app is showing unusual amount of background usage and I suspect is the reason for my battery drain problem. So I've turned background off for now and things so appear a bit settled.

I've also noticed that Store updates are now more successful even when I don't have my phone unlocked which was a serious problem in the previous build.

HXD

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Well, to be fair, it seems it's only select applications that have an issue. This would indicate an application issue with this build, not a notification issue as the likely culprit.

You're totally right! For instance, the FaceBook beta works, the non-beta doesn't. Some conflict with between this build and the Notifications system. Although, I think it's so weird that the App affected by it, can't have its Tile set at Wide size, ditches its Live-Tile, and doesn't even notify on the Lockscreen/Glance, but yet somehow works in the Action Centre...

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Mine is working. Go into photo app and see if it indexed all your photos. Also, photo and camera app got an update today, goto the store and get it. There was a problem where photo app was not seeing camera photo right away, that seems to be fixed. I did a soft reset after app update.
Wow, hours after posting suddenly my photos tile sprang back to life. All pics show up again. Must have been today's update that did it. Awesome! Now if 'Clique' (pretty good meetup.com app) stops giving me an invisible icon I think I'm almost bug free at this point.

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Hello,

Did a hard reset along with fresh installations of apps. I still cannot get 6tag to work! The app opens but hangs on it's intro screen.

Any suggestions?

I had that problem I moved 6tag from my sd card to my device memory and that fixed it for me

wizbit

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Only problem is the motion data app that is stuck in the store with the 0x803F8006 error, but motion tracking works anyway.

There now seems to be two motion data settings. A new one and the old one. The new one works and seems to be turned on, but some apps (e.g. SquadWatch) seems to point to the old version which does want to open. Explains why it's not updating from the store.

fjordstrom

Feb 21, 2015
Visit site
Hi,
Can you tell me if Microsft Camera is filming with sound? Also , can you use Lumia Camera for video?
As you know some L930 have problems with second mic.
Thanks

I'm having the same problem. Just noticed yesterday when I filmed a lot... Came home and there was no sound in my videos. First time this happens in the Insider Preview (for me). -- Lumia 930

By the way, I also just noticed that I can share living images as video via the Photos app. (could have been there earlier, but just discovered now. Like it very much :D)

Bearach

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the same problem. Just noticed yesterday when I filmed a lot... Came home and there was no sound in my videos. First time this happens in the Insider Preview (for me). -- Lumia 930

By the way, I also just noticed that I can share living images as video via the Photos app. (could have been there earlier, but just discovered now. Like it very much :D)

Microsoft Camera records sound for me, and it works okay in that regard. However, Lumia camera doesn't seem to work correctly. The "video camera" goes red and it doesn't record. This is also with a Lumia 930.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6