Who's got build 10572? How's it working for you?

Unauthorized

Oct 3, 2015
Visit site
in my opinion the phone is just not ready for w10 due to the old chipset, and battery life was something that was getting weaker daily

I don't think that performance will be the problem of the final build. As we just saw a major performance improvement in this build, many people already shout that this is RTM quality and MS should release the OS. Performance wise I could agree, some fine tuning may be applied after and during ;) it hits the first wave of devices. But there are still lots of bugs left or even introduced with the new build: Apps suddenly crash under heavy load, Edge is really slow while loading tab previews, buttons q, u and s do not work in Edge adress bar.

What could become a problem of the final build is that there are still a lot of missing basic features we already had in 8.1, see the separate thread.

All in all there is still a long way to go for RTM, but if the guys at MS really work hard on this now, it could be ready for Christmas. The latest rush of builds gives some hope at least.

Btw: I would still call it RTM or final as this is what products will be released with and what the non-insider will get. It does not mean that development suddenly stops.

plainman

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
Owner of Lumia 920 from Orange here. I have no internet access (can't turn on WiFi. Mobile connection also is unavailable, despite of fact "mobile data" is enabled and phone is connected to network as "Orange LTE"), but can make calls. Dialing manually is pretty slow - the first "beep" is longer and if you tap fast "582" you will get only "58". Also i have 10572 only 2 hours, but already i managed to call 2 people by accident, because dialing keyboard can be far too easily slided to left or right (and jump to history of calls or fast dialing). Microsoft Edge doesn't even start. Is there any way to report this without Windows Feedback app?

nssolanki

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
Hi everyone, I have been using it for past 3 days on my Lumia 1320 and everything seems fine like battery, fast enough and other things. Even I am not facing many issues reported over here except few apps are not running properly. Like some are stuck at splash screen while some only shows white screen all along and nothing else.
Apps not running:
1mg (stuck at splash screen),
Twitter (Showing white screen),
Glance (Not opening, but features are working),
Nokia Account (inaccessible).
Store sometimes closes abruptly (however instances are very few).
Microsoft Edge is freezing specially while on wpcentral.com website :) (not able to scroll and closes sometimes) .
Lumia Camera gone forever. (I mean it is there but says use Camera instead.
Pictures App have option to show add favorites in live tile but no way to choose favorites. (This was present in wp8.1 all along).

However, one more thing i noticed is that when you wake your phone up from lock screen and enter you PIN to open it. When you enter your PIN's first number than whole screen gets off and on instantaneously (kind of refresh/black out then back on, PIN entered remains there). This happens when you wake it up after that auto time out to lock expires and not within that period. Afterwards its all fine.

Kindly suggest how to resolve few of my issues. Thanks in advance.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Anyone there who tried this with their 520? Would love to hear a feedback from you people. Thank you

520 reboots from never to 5 times a day, especially when exiting sms app
if you are used to save / share images from edge, with prevous build there was a bug wich Abe has warned. I don't now this very last build.
DUring intensive use, when in te same time you are listening music, browsing, using messages / mail, sometimes edge and sms become sloooooowlyyy....
You have to close app and re-open, or the phone directly can't swich screen from one app to previous so it stucks and reboot.
Cortana is terryfing slower answering sms, listening and acting than in 8.1, so I totally disabled her standing by for the 55 build.
Some apps crash in opening (not compatible with 10 yet I guess)

LumiaWorld

May 31, 2013
Visit site
520 reboots from never to 5 times a day, especially when exiting sms app
if you are used to save / share images from edge, with prevous build there was a bug wich Abe has warned. I don't now this very last build.
DUring intensive use, when in te same time you are listening music, browsing, using messages / mail, sometimes edge and sms become sloooooowlyyy....
You have to close app and re-open, or the phone directly can't swich screen from one app to previous so it stucks and reboot.
Cortana is terryfing slower answering sms, listening and acting than in 8.1, so I totally disabled her standing by for the 55 build.
Some apps crash in opening (not compatible with 10 yet I guess)

Thank you. Wanted to try this build, but looks like I will just wait for the official release...

murtaza_p

Jan 28, 2015
Visit site
Most probably 35K for L950 and 48K for 950XL

i really don't think such a price would do good for Microsoft, they already have entered the market last with their flagship phones well after more than a year after the L930.
Plus the snapdragon 808 (L950) isn't still top of the line series in chip-sets
knowing Microsoft's pricing strategy , maybe your right.

murtaza_p

Jan 28, 2015
Visit site
I don't think that performance will be the problem of the final build. As we just saw a major performance improvement in this build, many people already shout that this is RTM quality and MS should release the OS. Performance wise I could agree, some fine tuning may be applied after and during ;) it hits the first wave of devices. But there are still lots of bugs left or even introduced with the new build: Apps suddenly crash under heavy load, Edge is really slow while loading tab previews, buttons q, u and s do not work in Edge adress bar.

What could become a problem of the final build is that there are still a lot of missing basic features we already had in 8.1, see the separate thread.

All in all there is still a long way to go for RTM, but if the guys at MS really work hard on this now, it could be ready for Christmas. The latest rush of builds gives some hope at least.

Btw: I would still call it RTM or final as this is what products will be released with and what the non-insider will get. It does not mean that development suddenly stops.

Agree with every word you said, but i still feel that the 1020 was showing its aging signs on 8.1 itself, with loading... and the resuming.. screens becoming more prominent every day, even after performing several master resets, yes the camera had no match and the only second best thing i could replace it was with the LG G4 and its superb camera and hardware combo. However with the L930/L1520 with a brilliant snapdragon 800 chipset would fly on W10 likewise with the upcoming 950/950XL but i just feel the current gen lumias (besides 930/1520) are best kept on W8.1.

P.S - i still wait for the day when microsoft india calls me up stating the 950 twins have released :)

NicholasNavarre

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
I may be missing something, but I haven't been able to get any email notifications on any of the builds. I rolled back to 8.1 after a while and just got back on the W10 preview. I also don't receive text notifications. Nothing appears with either. Banners or sounds. I assumed it was a bug of the old build, but now I just feel like it's me.

srslykev

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Can anyone tell me whether the hue apps like huetro or oni light contol now work? Used to have many problems (app not starting, slow bridge connection..) with these on previous builds which is why I rolled back to 8.1.

IcyPwnage

Jan 30, 2015
Visit site
Installed 10572 yesterday on my Icon and I am very impressed. There are a few minor performance bugs, but for the most part I am very pleased with this build.

Bugs of note (for me anyways):
Certain apps like "Day Counter" and "#Tileart" do not show with wide tiles and the tiles that I can pin are blurry.
When changing background data usage settings, the settings app crashes to the start screen if cellular data is turned off.
There is a noticeable delay after typing in my lock pin (varies randomly).

Other than those, performance is pretty consistent, and battery usage is relatively decent (though still not as good as 8.1).

Looking forward to "Hey Cortana" being enabled and a "Battery Saver" tile like there was on 8.1, otherwise this build is awesome!

Raghu84

Feb 26, 2015
Visit site
Hi,
How is the battery life ? I have installed 10572 build via rolling back to 8.1 and upgrading it. Battery life on my 1520 is horrible. I get maximum of 6-7 hours ..Any suggestions to improve battery life?:crying:

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
My battery life is comparable to 8.1. First time I've seen that happen. I did not hard reset either. Make sure you're apps are all updated.

Paul1266

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
How is the battery life ? I have installed 10572 build via rolling back to 8.1 and upgrading it. Battery life on my 1520 is horrible. I get maximum of 6-7 hours ..Any suggestions to improve battery life?:crying:

Battery life on my 640 XL is similar to 8.1. Still using less than 50% in a day so I'm happy. I have an earlier build on my 735 andthe contrast is like night and day. Happy to use this on a day to day basis. It's really getting there so very excited about the next release.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3