Who's got build 10572? How's it working for you?

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Have you gotten build 10572 up and running? How's it working?

I'll be posting back later once I'm able to get it running on my 640.

SpaceyO

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
Just finished my Icon's post-upgrade hard reset. I'm gonna go with my backup from this afternoon, haven't needed to start from scratch yet (knock wood). It seemed a little zippier before the hard reset, but we'll see...

ETA: Touch Screen was non-responsive, requiring two hard resets to get past the language selection screen....

Last edited:

Nicholas Ek

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site
I'm almost done with installing - migrating data currently. I even started a bit late because my phone was installing another 8.1 mandatory update. I will hard reset again immediately after done though, then restore my backup and report back.

Unauthorized

Oct 3, 2015
Visit site
So far this build is like a rocket on my 1520! Still installing all the apps though. I like the new storage sense, nearly instantly finished actualising. WinCentral app opens much faster.

Nicholas Ek

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site
Not exactly. It does boot into the OS, but all apps are pending installation. The phone is unusable.

Booting into the OS means you're one step further than before, hah! :)
Apps usually take their time to reinstall, but if it takes too long, check the Store, see if there are any updates. If not, then try restarting the phone through soft reset. If apps still say "Pending", try opening one of them - it happened once to me that the apps were saying "Pending", but they were actually in working condition.

pippyo03

May 14, 2012
Visit site
What's the battery life like on this build. I know its still very early to tell but is anyone's phone getting hot by doing simple tasks? That sorta thing

Nicholas Ek

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site
What's the battery life like on this build. I know its still very early to tell but is anyone's phone getting hot by doing simple tasks? That sorta thing

After a hard reset and restore, it was impossible for my 920 to get hot on 10549.4, unlike previous builds, in which I could use my phone to fry an egg, LOL. I'm guessing 10572 will bring further improvements.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3