Who's got build 10572? How's it working for you?

selaromdotnet

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
not here, just upgraded to insider preview for the first time with this build, and although the upgrade itself seems to have completed without any issues, the SD card is entirely not found :(

the app placeholders are there, and it says I just need to insert the card, which of course I never took it out, but it just won't recognize it...

anyone have a fix?

update: I formatted a new microsd card and put it in, system recognized it right away. i could probably format the original too but keeping it just in case i'm able to use it when i rollback (assuming I do).

EDIT: however, apps don't seem to be installing; the placeholders are still there and tell me to wait, but i see no downloads in the store. rebooting, will report back if anything changes

drg

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm pretty sure this wasn't available on previous build but on Lumia 930 we can now change Display - size of text. Bringing it down to 250% or 225% gives us an extra row or actions! other than that I'm also noticing funky behaviour with lock screen unlocking. text scrolls up first then image.

UPDATE: multi task view changes as well when you drop it down.

Last edited:

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Super fast on my 640 stop have to check out the battery life tho so far everything's been buttery smooth and as fast as 8.1 Imo. Store downloads are much improved now

Like how they have cleaned up the storage sense app and it loads alot faster as well

Doug Swallow

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Any idea what the "Insider Fast Configuration Tool" update is for? Came up after installing 10572 and running through Phone Updates again.

Mike Newport

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
wow really amazing performance, what a great build, i feel like this is the final rtm the performance is that good and alot of the 8.1 ui has been intergrated love itwp_ss_20151020_0004.pngwp_ss_20151020_0005.png

after configuration update it got even faster better performance then 8.1 by over 200 points wow!!!!

wp_ss_20151020_0006.png

Last edited:

hkhawaja

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
My 830 got the update, and currently migrating the data post-install. But my 735 is stuck on "checking for updates" past hour or so. I've soft reset, restarted, turned wifi on/off, still stuck on 'checking...'
Any ideas?

Doug Swallow

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
So far, I'm not sure what's different.

My Lumia 1020 still has no battery usage info -- everything shows 0%.

There's 16 updates pending, 14 of which are showing "Error, see details". One of them that's downloading now is invisible... no icon, no name, just a progress bar. 19 minutes later it doess seem ot be retrying, and sometimes succeeding. Maybe it works when you stare at it, and only fails when the install completes while you're not on the screen. There's some sort of pattern here I can almost figure out.

Dead Apps that won't even try to download, that I have to delete: Mobile TV, Keeper, Device Help, AT&T Lockerl and those I cannot delete: Lumia Help+Tips, IE (these things are not Apps I bought or installed; they're on my phone after a reset to 8.1 and before I've picked anything myself to install -- I presume these are OEM-installed things that the Windows 10 Mobile upgrade needs to explicitly get rid of). And while the update attempt failed, at least they don't seem to reappear wanting to update, except for "Lumia Help+Tips" which always comes back and there's no entry in the app list from which to attempt to uninstall it.

General scrolling is still jumpy. It'll go smoothly for a half or more of screen length, then jump a half screen such that I have to scroll back or I've missed things. It's smooth when it does scroll; there's just these jumps, and for the start screen they were always sort of in the same place, and it feels like it's the same now, but once I have more apps installed and pinned to the start screen I'll have a better idea.

"My Library" in the Store still takes a couple minutes to show all apps I own so I can pick what to download again.

No "Loading..." loop so far. That's good. But it wasn't an every-time thing anyway, so we'll see.

Outlook crashed the first time going in to sync setting changes for an Exchange account and selecting a checkbox.

Hopefully there's some improvements hidden in this build. :)

Doug Swallow

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
OK, one welcome improvement is the People tile has bigger circle pictures now.

Of course, they're still circle pictures, so it still sucks big time over what it used to be, but there's maybe a 30% chance instead of no chance in hell, as it was prior to this build, I'll leave the tile big enough for them to appear instead of making it the smallest size. :)

madura31

Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
My 930 was ok on the last preview, but after install was stuck after boot on blank screen and nothing would help.

Had to go back to 8.1.
hey,
UPDATE: After the upgrade to Build 10572 finishes on your phone ? your phone might appear stuck at a black screen. Let it sit for about 10-15 for it to complete the data migration step that finalizes the upgrade. After that, your phone should be fine.

Announcing Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 10572 | Windows Experience Blog

Mathew K Jose

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
This is a really good idea! WDRT can install in minutes while upgrading probably took hours. Having two upgrade option would be nice, OTA for normobs and WDRT for everyone else. Hope this option available soon or after RTM at least.

Yea.IT would be available only after the official release..i think so

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05