Who's got build 10572? How's it working for you?

HXD

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Lumia 1520

Some wide tiles are disabled since the scaling was put into the display. Apps will need to be revised to accommodate for this. The good news is that it will force most apps to scale for a wider variety of screen sizes (this is setting up things for Continuum as well).

You're totally, completely, 100% wrong. Try it for yourself, scale up your display, and the tiles still won't work. Set the tile for any other size, and you still won't get notifications on them. It's like the OS isn't detecting 3rd Party Apps as Live-Tiles, and It's a bug with the Start/Tiles, not the scaling. At the moment, Live-Tiles are kind of disabled in this build.
I read on their blog that they made some changes and improvements to the Start. And since I'm familiar with MS's work, I can confirm that this is one of the many situations in which they fix something and **** up other stuff.

Last edited:

sunnybyday

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
has the annoying "resuming.." message on app switch reduced or gone? that is my biggest problem with windows phone - you hardly see it in other OSs.

Bearach

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
I can confirm today that motion data works for me (app still not updating, but seems like preinstalled app works) and microsoft health shows steps just fine.

The only problem for me is Cortana, cant get her to talk to me nor show interests (there is no battery drain from her either), while quiet hours works. Odd. oh..and default camera only taking photos in 1080p.

PS, L930

If it helps, mine 100% works with everything you're having issues with -- also using a Lumia 930.

Cortana works perfectly, and all her "functions" are there. Photos, with Lumia Camera or the Default, are at proper resolution.

I can also confirm motion data working, despite not updating.

Karkadann

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Using it on my L920. Notifications works sometimes, but not working at the moment. It goes for WhatsApp and Messaging app.

I can't scroll through the apps in My Library in the Store, it's impossible. I have to make the scroll movement, but the scroll only happens when I take my finger off the screen.

Facebook/WhatsApp/Messenger tiles can't resize to wide.

HXD

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Using it on my L920. Notifications works sometimes, but not working at the moment. It goes for WhatsApp and Messaging app.

I can't scroll through the apps in My Library in the Store, it's impossible. I have to make the scroll movement, but the scroll only happens when I take my finger off the screen.

Facebook/WhatsApp/Messenger tiles can't resize to wide.

Agreed with you on everything you mentioned!

ramyZgHR

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Installed it yesterday on my 735. Had previous builds, but wasn't satisfied and rolled back to 8.1.
This build works great so far! Battery consumption is about 2.7%/hr according to battery app. All notifications works. In build before this one I had problems with live tile dissapearing which seems to be fixed now. Will post if find some issue, but this buil finally seems to work for daily driver. Go MS!

HXD

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Installed it yesterday on my 735. Had previous builds, but wasn't satisfied and rolled back to 8.1.
This build works great so far! Battery consumption is about 2.7%/hr according to battery app. All notifications works. In build before this one I had problems with live tile dissapearing which seems to be fixed now. Will post if find some issue, but this buil finally seems to work for daily driver. Go MS!

You didn't Hard-Reset. Or else, Notifications/Tiles wouldn't have worked for you.

Bearach

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Finally! Replying by notification, or within the notification shade can now be much longer, not the single text size limit like previous builds.

mmar1974

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
Installed it and it was working fine... the problem I had was it was draining the battery... so did a hard reset and now the battery seems to be working fine... but the problem with the cell data not working came back (I had this problem with the previous build as well)

Deepak

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
I am still on build 10549. Will wait for 10575 or later. Btw, does unpinning any tile still result in an invisible tile which you can open even after unpinning it? Also, the rolling dots. It seems as if there are some black dots in their way when they run at the top of the display.

Andreas_R

Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problem with Cortana as Danilo. This really is an issue on 10572. I'm located in Norway and I've had Cortana work on both 8.1 and Preview (by doing the usual stuff). After this update I'm able to change region in the settings menu, but when I restart as prompted, the phone reverts back to Norway. I have no idea why this happens but it might have something to do with the region selected in your Microsoft profile.

What I do not know if this is expected behaviour or a bug. If it's expected this means that users in countries which do not yet have Cortana is unable to use the app/service.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3