Who's got build 10572? How's it working for you?

HXD

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Notifications works perfectly for me. I made a clean install for every build I had. This build is far more polished then others.

By Notifications/Tiles, I meant the Live-Tiles Notifications. If they're working for you, you must be very lucky then...

Doug Swallow

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
So far, I'm not sure what's different.

My Lumia 1020 still has no battery usage info -- everything shows 0%.

There's 16 updates pending, 14 of which are showing "Error, see details". One of them that's downloading now is invisible... no icon, no name, just a progress bar. 19 minutes later it doess seem ot be retrying, and sometimes succeeding. Maybe it works when you stare at it, and only fails when the install completes while you're not on the screen. There's some sort of pattern here I can almost figure out.

Dead Apps that won't even try to download, that I have to delete: Mobile TV, Keeper, Device Help, AT&T Lockerl and those I cannot delete: Lumia Help+Tips, IE (these things are not Apps I bought or installed; they're on my phone after a reset to 8.1 and before I've picked anything myself to install -- I presume these are OEM-installed things that the Windows 10 Mobile upgrade needs to explicitly get rid of). And while the update attempt failed, at least they don't seem to reappear wanting to update, except for "Lumia Help+Tips" which always comes back and there's no entry in the app list from which to attempt to uninstall it.

General scrolling is still jumpy. It'll go smoothly for a half or more of screen length, then jump a half screen such that I have to scroll back or I've missed things. It's smooth when it does scroll; there's just these jumps, and for the start screen they were always sort of in the same place, and it feels like it's the same now, but once I have more apps installed and pinned to the start screen I'll have a better idea.

"My Library" in the Store still takes a couple minutes to show all apps I own so I can pick what to download again.

No "Loading..." loop so far. That's good. But it wasn't an every-time thing anyway, so we'll see.

Outlook crashed the first time going in to sync setting changes for an Exchange account and selecting a checkbox.

Hopefully there's some improvements hidden in this build. :)

Worth updating a few items.

My battery usage info is finally showing actual information.

And the battery shows 97% after having been off the charger for 3 hours and 20 minutes. And this is now with some 60-80-ish apps installed and maybe a dozen or so flipping start screen tiles around showing news/info stuff. And emails coming in two Exchange accounts regularly. Infinitely better than it has been before.

The lock screen is flaky. Besides what I will always call a bug whether it's intentional or not -- of the image not sliding with the text -- the text has now reappaeared after skliding up at full brightness, before a 1 or 2 second delay and the lock screen disappearing in favor of whatever app is active. And it's done the same but with the text much dimmer overlayed on the image, again with a 1 or 2 second delay. Though usually the text stays away with the image displayed for 1 or 2 seconds, then the text flashes back and disappears. And sometimes it just takes the 1 or 2 seconds for the image to go away. It's almost never instantaneous. But not completely never.

Definitely display issues abound, though. Scrolling just isn't smooth in many different places, and as I described above, sometimes makes huge jumps. The store and my list of apps from the library was really weird... it would scroll only after removing my finger... i.e., flick it up, then let go, then it would move. And then for some period I could actively drag it up and down. But if I paused or did other things on the display, it wouldn't scroll immediately again and would only do so after lifting my finger off the screen.

And something I had noticed before but had not mentioned, is the tendency for so many screen to pop up displaying old stuff, then updating, instead of appearing correct from the start, especially things bringing up browser-based content. It's like there's a buffer somewhere that when a move to a new page is occurring gets displayed early before it's been overwritten with the new content to display. It's off-putting to say the least.

It also seems like the dead app update attempts have stopped. Well, "Lumia Help+Tips" still comes around when I check for updates, though. But it doesn't seem to be doing so on its own so much yet.

But there's still things I can't remove, too... "Skype Video" which I presume was an old Lumia 1020-built-in app has no uninstall options, and doesn't function, just sits there on my app list now. OEM cleanup issue, I guess.

vodda

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site
If it helps, mine 100% works with everything you're having issues with -- also using a Lumia 930.

Cortana works perfectly, and all her "functions" are there. Photos, with Lumia Camera or the Default, are at proper resolution.

I can also confirm motion data working, despite not updating.

Maybe its the region. I got her to work one time, but then changed region and she's on strike.

I will wait for new build, should be around the corner I see, I also need to downgrade to cyan to check my microphone issue on my 930, so lots of downgrading upgrading ahead :)

ramyZgHR

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
By Notifications/Tiles, I meant the Live-Tiles Notifications. If they're working for you, you must be very lucky then...
Oh, now I see what you mean. Ok, I checked. Missed calls doesn't show on lock screen, tile and notification centre. SMS is ok, everything shown. Viber ok, everything shown. Whatsapp not showing on lock screen and tile, but shows in notification centre.

Andreas_R

Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
Don't know if this feature has been mentioned, but when I turned off my phone now the screen showed me my calendar items for tomorrow reminding me not to forget them.

HXD

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Oh, now I see what you mean. Ok, I checked. Missed calls doesn't show on lock screen, tile and notification centre. SMS is ok, everything shown. Viber ok, everything shown. Whatsapp not showing on lock screen and tile, but shows in notification centre.

Yes, Viber is working, but for some reason, WhatsApp and some others don't...

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
Just updated my 1020, after the update installed i did get teh black screen after the nokia logo. I wasn't exactly sure if ishould wait for it got bricked, so i did a hard reset and it didnt work.

I said screw and just went to bed, checked it this morning and it was update. So io think the black screen is just a glitch and will eventually keep going through the process. Just let it sit for an extended period of time.

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I don't use any iOS products currently, so I found this article interesting in relation to this latest W10M build

iOS 9.1: A much-needed performance and stability update | ZDNet

iOS 9.1 is more that just new emojis, it's also a pretty significant bug- and security-fix bundle, swatting 49 security vulnerabilities and a whole host of usability and performance issues. And the performance improvements are very noticeable. Here are some of the bugs that I previously reported that I'm finding that are now fixed:

Poor touchscreen responsiveness
Sluggish user interface
Sluggish orientation control when turning handset from portrait to landscape or vice versa
Crashing apps
Sluggish app launching
Sluggish keyboard
Search is slow to respond

It's too early to comment on battery life improvements - I always find that it takes a few recharge/discharge cycles for that to settle down - and as for the Wi-Fi issues, well, that still seems to be flaky, but fielding one problem beats fielding several.

To me iOS 9.1 feels like what iOS 9 should have been.

Can Microsoft use the same standard? If so, Build 10572 might be close to ready for release. Sometimes I wonder if we're too hard on Microsoft here. :)

Narathan

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Yes, Viber is working, but for some reason, WhatsApp and some others don't...

I noticed Tweetium's Live tile started to work after I reinstalled it. WhatsApp doesn't though. I can only choose small and medium size, too. No large.

No game breaker but I hope this get's fixed in the next build.

How's battery life for you folks? Seems pretty good here on my NL830. Been running nearly two days with average use. Very happy!

WinCoffee

Banned
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
Everything works good, Only Groove music has some issues. When I listen music in background and do something else and the App is just slow.

HXD

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
I noticed Tweetium's Live tile started to work after I reinstalled it. WhatsApp doesn't though. I can only choose small and medium size, too. No large.

No game breaker but I hope this get's fixed in the next build.

How's battery life for you folks? Seems pretty good here on my NL830. Been running nearly two days with average use. Very happy!

No game breaker? You won't get Notifications on the Tiles... Not to mention that the Tiles are what makes Windows stand out. And now its broken...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3