Who's got build 10572? How's it working for you?

mdefran65

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
update yesterday from scratch, mine is working great however I had another phone update come down this morning not sure what it was.

Bearach

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
update yesterday from scratch, mine is working great however I had another phone update come down this morning not sure what it was.

Probably the Fast Ring Configuration Update. Should occur once you re-enrol using the Windows Insider application after first installing.

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I did the process on my L830 and so far so good. Great performance. Once thing I did to speed things up a bit, after rolling back to 8.1, I cancelled all the downloads in the app store so just Windows Insider was installed. Saved a bunch of time.

Mattman86

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
I did the process on my L830 and so far so good. Great performance. Once thing I did to speed things up a bit, after rolling back to 8.1, I cancelled all the downloads in the app store so just Windows Insider was installed. Saved a bunch of time.

I agree... I did the same thing and it saved tons of time.

Lloyd_S

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
I have it on my L 1020 and loved it....for a day. After a day of full use I had to put the device away as it isn't usable. Originally everything ran smoothly and fast.....but.

After a full day of use the 1020 has started to bog down again. Apps take too long to open. Device freezes and has restarted once. While driving and using bluetooth for phone and music the device disconnects for no reason. Doing a soft reset did not help at all.

I have a L 1520 still on 10536. I'll probably revert to 8.1 tonight and load 10572 as it has been the best release to date, issues with the 1020 aside. Personally I think the OS is just too much for the 1020 to handle as 10536 on the 1520 is smooth and very fast. I'm just tired of the bulk of the 1520. Hurry up 950 and 950 XL!

Koen C

Feb 17, 2015
Visit site
Re: build 10572

My Lumia 520 after this update, i got lot of issue regarding of apps. Facebook, 6 tag and twitter are not working properly. they only just loading in logo and nothing happens. other issue is the Block and Filter... this one is keep downloading in Store even successfully installed. The lock screen image are still as you unlocking.

Same here with my Lumia 640.

Some apps like Messenger can't resize to broad.

Some contacts don't have a picture anymore.

Mattman86

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
I have a L 1520 still on 10536. I'll probably revert to 8.1 tonight and load 10572 as it has been the best release to date

I've tried each build on my 1520 for at least a couple days. On every build, I had some big issues. The biggest issue has been heat. The phone would usually become so hot while in use or charging that it would actually hurt if I held my finger on the back for a few seconds. With this build, the heat issue is completely gone.

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
gachie geofrey said:
I have tried that ,the phone is Lumia 730 dual sim.Below is a screenshot of the message settings page.

View attachment 114915

I have the same issue. Some will say "use the sync option" but we're not completely stupid, we have ALREADY checked that.

Now what I have observed is that when I go in Outlook and check my main account, it's always syncing. Mail and contacts and calendar are already synced. So I guess it's trying to fetch the SMS but there's a glitch server-side.

On 10549, I had no issue on the 535 but for the 640, it took 36h. Now on the 535 running 10572, it's even worse. Stuck at feb 2014. And it won't download, no matter how many times I "force" the sync by syncing my MSA in outlook mail.

I wonder is it a server issue. Last week for 10549 on the 640, I got some errors from the dub403-m.hotmail.com server.

nawfside_713

Oct 22, 2015
Visit site
Just installed it. On my 1020, great build so far, one thing that has been buggy, is the edege browser, when I click to go into a article, it gets the grey "shade" like its going to open it, but it doesn't , it hangs there, till I keep clicking it, or refresh the page, maybe its just my phone, a while back I shattered my screen, and replaced it myself, not sure it's that or just the build itself, other that battery life has gotten better animation as well

Blacklizted

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
In the previous build, when scaled to the lowest percentage, I got full Edge desktop with tabs and all that. Now, I can't seem to do that in this build.

amcluesent

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
Time to upgrade to iOS 9.1 - 45 mins
Time to roll-back, upgrade, reset, restore, download apps for 10572 - hours and hours

C'mon MSFT!

mcmc08

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
Everything seems to be working fine on my 1520, except I now cannot connect to the WPA2 Enterprise network at work. Also, strangely when I first started the phone, the newest backup I was shown was from over a year ago. I ended up having to try to remember which were my most current apps. Still don't know if I have them all--though I guess if I don't miss them, I didn't need them in the first place.

MorganRW

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I had to roll back and install twice. I found that if you do not allow all the core apps to install for 8.1 BEFORE upgrading to 10572 then you end up with a mess of half installed programs that cannot be accessed nor deleted. It also causes errors in the store at it tries to update apps that are not entirely there or even exist on phone. Glance was broken and there were duplicates of icons for 8.1 store as well as the new wp10 store. Things like that. Obviously this would not an issue for people who were actually using 8.1 but for the rollback and upgrade set this is a big problem. M needs to make sure all core apps are installed including their updates for that version of OS after a rollback before an upgrade is allowed. This was a l920 and I did not restore a backup.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3