Who's got build 10572? How's it working for you?

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I have a lumia 435 as a back up phone, placed it on the insider program and recently installed this build, green screen on launching camera, cured with a reboot. Main concern is battery drain, dropping around 50% battery over 6 hrs with no use other than quick look to check battery level. Any suggestions? ( note battery drain on earlier releases not noticeably poorer than 8.1)

hard reset via settings

terryb99

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
I am running 10572 on my 925 and I am very happy, best build yet.
This is my 2nd phone, so I do not have the heavy use that many of you may have, so I cannot judge it's performance under a lot of stress, but I am happy with what I have seen so far.

antiochian2010

May 11, 2013
Visit site
I LIKE it. I am leaving it on "Lab Rat", my Lumia 635.

Was so clean tried on Musty the Cat (my Lumia 930) and loved it - until I had to rely on the camera.

Outdoor shots are all blown out no matter how I tried to compensate. Might as well have an iPhone 3 series.
I could get very decent indoor shots. However, there were other problems..

Video capture broken - all settings.
Rich capture broken - all settings.

So won't put it back on until they either announce an update for imaging in the following preview builds. Or will just wait for the official Windows10M release specific to the L930 in a couple of months

Outdoor sample:

WP_20151024_17_53_46_Raw__highres.jpg

Indoor Sample:

Indoor.jpg

Last edited:

DWPGQ

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
anyone having issues with the Store? I cannot access movies that I previously purchased in 8.1. The movies still show up in Microsoft account under recent purchases, but I can't seem to access them with windows 10 (10572 on Lumia 830). Is this an isolated problem or are others finding the same issues?

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
I LIKE it. I am leaving it on my 635.

Was so clean tried on my Lumia 930 and loved it - until I had to rely on the camera.

Outdoor shots are all blown out no matter how I tried to compensate. Might as well have an iPhone 3 series.
I could get very decent indoor shots. However, there were other problems..

Video capture broken - all settings.
Rich capture broken - all settings.

So won't put it back on until they either announce an update for imaging in the following preview builds. Or will just wait for the official Windows10M release specific to the L930 in a couple of months

Outdoor sample:

View attachment 115288

Indoor Sample:

View attachment 115291

I can confirm a loss of quality in the camera with the ICON on this build. Quite significant too...

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
Installed 572 on my 1020, i had not been using a windows phone for over a year, since i was moving to tmobile and waiting for my iphonet o get unlocked, figured i'd try the new builds out on my 1020. I had put an older build on the 1020 way back when the program started for w10 and it was horrible. Figured it would be improved by now.

In terms of navigation and going around the UI, it is much more smoother than the initial build, but taht is expected. What continues to plague this OS with nokia phones which also had the same problems with win 8 with these phones is the constant loading loading loading when opening anything. It just needs to open, each app, i dont care what it is, it needs to just open. Instead, it just loading loading loading, resuming, resuming, resuming. then once you get into the app whatever it is, the laggyness and choppyness is apparent.

Of course these apps are problably not as optimized for the OS, but hopefully they optimize this OS so that i dont keep on seeing resume or loading all the time for everything. This was a problem with the win8 on nokia devices as well.

Teh Battery life isn't very good, in four hours with minimal use, it drained 30 %. I understand this OS is new and in beta, but 30% four hours with less than 10 minutes of use is a bit much.

The app store is so clunky and sluggish, DLs and updates take forever and the apps are very small, yet it hangs up quite a bit.

Some quick observations over the last few days using this, while it could work great with a new device, it definitely not very good to use on some older models. My guess the loading and resuming splash screen is prevalent regardless of the device.

Bradleykinz

Oct 27, 2015
Visit site
Is anyone else having problems with the ms podcast app not downloading the podcasts? I can currently only stream them, when I press download the app crashes. Also randomly the location icon will appear in the notification center even though I have that feature turned off. But besides that everything is running fine on this new build, thankfully.

ittojo

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
I have a 640XL and the battery last for two to three days. I haven?t had so good battery on a phone for the last four years (before the smartphones) running 572. Most apps work ok and fast. The only slow part is the camera everything els is ok. Have had 10 insider on my phones since august and this build is a good bit on the way to RTM.

Koen C

Feb 17, 2015
Visit site
So good to back at 8.1 : Everything working okay again. :) Windows 10 Mobile sure looks sexy but still needs a lot of work to be a daily driver. I'll stick with 8.1 till 10 is finished.

IcyPwnage

Jan 30, 2015
Visit site
Some more observations (10572 on my Icon):

Sometimes when viewing items in landscape mode (metrotube, pdf reader and edge specifically) the screen will flash as though it is trying to rotate back to portrait mode.
Standby battery life is acceptable, but the battery does drop significantly under heavy use.
Not sure if it is an os or app issue, but mytube beta does not display any video. The sound will play, but the video is just black. (Doesn't matter what display setting I chose either 225% 250% or 300%)

Personally, I like the 250% zoom option the best as it gives me a few of the "phablet" screen luxuries without making the text too ridiculously small.

FYI: I did not do a hard reset before or after going to 10572.
I am quite pleased with how this build is running on my phone, and I cannot wait for the next version to come out in a few days!

xtremez

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
This seems to be the best build to date, at least there are no more annoying updates that cannot be updated in the store. Overall experience, it's pretty smooth on my Lumia 535.

For a budget device, it's performing pretty well now. Expectations must be in check in such situations. I mean i can't expect this to perform like a Galaxy S6 and when it doesn't i say it's crappy.

Fuzzy John

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Owner of Lumia 920 from Orange here. I have no internet access (can't turn on WiFi. Mobile connection also is unavailable, despite of fact "mobile data" is enabled and phone is connected to network as "Orange LTE"), but can make calls. Dialing manually is pretty slow - the first "beep" is longer and if you tap fast "582" you will get only "58". Also i have 10572 only 2 hours, but already i managed to call 2 people by accident, because dialing keyboard can be far too easily slided to left or right (and jump to history of calls or fast dialing). Microsoft Edge doesn't even start. Is there any way to report this without Windows Feedback app?
I had this exact behavior with my Lumia 920 coming from 8.1. A hard reset restored WiFi and cellular data. It took a good 4-5 hours for the phone to settle down. Apps that did not work before started to work. But things are still screwy. I am still on 549. Waiting for the next build which lets me move forward.

Fuzzy John

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Absolutely TERRIBLE.

Installed, got a dead black screen afterward with no indication whatsoever that anything was happening. I basically sighed, not being surprised at Microsoft's reliably s**tty quality control and searched the forums. Found Windows Phone Recovery Tool and initiated the download....

THEN THE PHONE BOOTS.

WiFi doesn't turn on at all, but text messaging, Slack Messaging, Phone calls and voicemail seem to work fine.

Internet browser borked. And I refuse to use all my Mobile Plan Data to download any of the apps, that's just not happening.

I'm scared to Reboot basically because all I get is a black screen and no guarantee that after 5 or so minutes that the phone will boot! I can't even make a backup!

Honestly this doesn't even happen with Beta iOS builds or dare I say it Beta Android builds. Useless.....

I'll stick it out a bit longer but I'm ordering an iPhone asap.
Did you hard reset?

Ron Vin

Aug 15, 2014
Visit site
I know the flickering thing! it does it on my 930 as well but only on one side if I turn to the other side it is smooth playback or navigation

anon(9670566)

Oct 3, 2015
Visit site
It is OK for me, but still has a lot of bugs. Today the camera would hang several times while saving the last image. It would never finish until I restarted the phone (1520). Did I mention that some character keys do not work in the Edge address bar?
I have the same problems. Camera is frozen, some Keys doesn't work (in the german Keyboard, English works for me...). I've rolling back to 8.1

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
Here's my take on 10572 on my 830. The download took about 2 hours (blame it on my slow wifi) and about 40 minutes to install and restore the data. It was very good, as I didn't hard-reset the phone. But I did a mistake. The camera app didn't show preview of a photo I had just taken. I should have given the phone some more time and updated all the apps. Instead, I did a hard reset and it took another 2 hours for all the apps to get up to speed with Win 10. For a day, it was mostly smooth with a flicker here and a crash there. Battery was good.

The next day, I did harakiri. Some of the apps were repeated--one with new status and another version with pending status, but the one with the pending status didn't go away as the uninstall option was greyed out. So I thought a soft-reset would do the trick. Then all hell broke loose. When I pressed volume down+power, there was no vibration as it should be, but after a few seconds there was a message that started with Thank you...Before I could read it, the phone restarted. From then on, everything was slow. Photo app took an eon to show photos; pinch zoom was horrible, and the start screen started flickering if I scrolled up or down. Don't even let me start on the Store app.

Then in the evening, I let the phone download all the pending updates from the store. Then it was back to its still-early smooth days.
In a nutshell: It's been two days now, and the Lumia 830 with Win 10 10572 is good for me as a daily driver. The photos are not what they used to be in Win 8.1 but I am hoping that it would only improve in the next build or at least in an RTM build. This Adam had bit the forbidden (?!) apple and he won't repent :)

Hildr

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Okay, after my amazed initial review, where I said it was the best tp of W10, I have to add some things:
Keyboard (french) froze sometimes
Huge battery drain, -50% during the 8h night, never had a drain as huge as with this version! (last version it was -8%!!! And -3% with 8.1).
Some glitches there and there but less than with previous build.
Still my daily driver.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs