Who's got build 10572? How's it working for you?

Aamod Potdar

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Ran into really unexpected problem on this build on my Lumia 820.

Phone started rebooting everytime use the keyboard. Initially I was on whatsapp , I was able to type few words , then invisible characters and then finally phone would reboot.

I tried with different apps right from fb messenger , messaging to even windows feedback. Same thing. It would just reboot.

I am not sure how to send this bug report or feedback to MS?

I am back on 8.1 now. I am not quitting WP 10 testing but I think I will wait for next build to enroll in the insider program because I am using this as my daily driver.

But this was totally unexpected. Phone was working perfectly fine on this build for almost 5 days.

I know one might suggest that I should have just done reset but I thought its better to go back on 8.1

Nekusta

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Lumia 720. BAD. Like really really bad. It was all good and well for the first 3 days like I encountered some bugs but they were negligible to say the least. Since yesterday its actually worse than the previous builds I've tried actually. Gets stuck and have to reset multiple times. Battery timing was ok at the start but now it takes like 2 hour to fully discharge. My storage is all filled up unnecessarily even though I didn't install any new apps and all my music and pictures are stored on the sd card. App launch fails, app crashes, long app launch times you name it. I don't know if its because my phone is really old or if its because the build isn't optimized for a 720 but it definitely doesn't work on a 720. Rolling back to 8.1

Vertego

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Seems a bit 'up & down' to me.

Sometimes its fine, other times not. Latest issue for me is that the live tiles not not properly refresh even after a restart.

Seems to me the Windows Central has quietened down significantly on their WP news. App updates always used to get reported but not any more, apparently. All the core office apps + messaging, maps & phone all updated in the past 24 hours. Not any signs of Windows Central commenting on these. Maybe they've lost all interest while waiting for the new phones to be released.

monster5

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
on lumia 920 its working fine faster than previous builds but in lumia 920 I encountered some problems . on lumia 620 in the first time it was so buggy and slow and after 8hours of the upgrade I got blue screen with sad smile so I used the recovery tool to go back to 8.1 then I updated again and now every thing is working fine

Walden Gajo

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
this build is still not what I called "stable release" considering that November is the release month for the OS. I am running the build on a 640XL and there's a lot of annoyances/bugs that I think needs to be address. One of the issues I encountered is how an application would open then closes right away, or when the app won't load after you touch-click a tile from the start screen and it won't open the app at all. There are still lots of bugs on this release and i'm afraid this is not ready. Although, I've seen a twitter post from a MS guy who mentioned something great about to come out on a new build today, so I hope it's the RTM version of the OS. Overall, the phone OS in general is a great OS that I could definitely use for work and play.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
this build is still not what I called "stable release" considering that November is the release month for the OS. I am running the build on a 640XL and there's a lot of annoyances/bugs that I think needs to be address. One of the issues I encountered is how an application would open then closes right away, or when the app won't load after you touch-click a tile from the start screen and it won't open the app at all. There are still lots of bugs on this release and i'm afraid this is not ready. Although, I've seen a twitter post from a MS guy who mentioned something great about to come out on a new build today, so I hope it's the RTM version of the OS. Overall, the phone OS in general is a great OS that I could definitely use for work and play.

RTM release is December, not November

Unauthorized

Oct 3, 2015
Visit site
RTM release is December, not November

Shipment of the new devices is November, so there should be a "releasable" version for the "manufacturer" then. Looks like there will be a solid shipment version (in terms of upgradablity) and a big day one update. Excited to see what is rumored to be released later today (?)... :smile:

HXD

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
I updated straight to this build, 10581, will Hard reset later, though.
Tile/Lockscreen notification are fixed, plus Wide Live-Tiles are back.
Lockscreen Lock/Unlock and interactions are a LOT faster now.
Glance is working again. (Still can't be updated)
Action Centre is even MORE responsive than 10572. Everything is a LOT faster than 10572. App startups are ridiculously fast. I had no idea W10M could reach this power...
Alright, a couple more apps joined Glance in the can't-update issue. Network, Touch, Rater Your Device, Audio. (This can be device related.)
I'll try to update this post with things I discover.

Last edited:

Michael Harry

Jan 26, 2015
Visit site
My 1520.3 started acting strange also. The screen would blink every 2 mins, frame rate dropped a lot so its shuddering, and every few secs it would flip upside down but still respond to touch as if it was right side up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786