How can I get Glance to update (build 10572)?

yehuda92

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Glance wont update (build 10572)

Hi, I just joined the insider program, (build 10572) and I am having an issue updating Glance and a few other apps (the here maps, here drive+, audio, network+)
The error is 0x803f8006.
Just wondering if this is normal, and if there is a way to fix it.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Glance wont update (build 10572)

Eh, I would just wait a bit first.

Glance doesn't want to update for me so whatev's, I'll just wait to see if the issue'll go away.

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site

Usually, uninstall and reinstall fixes it. The only problem I'm having is motion data, which I uninstalled and it's blocked in the store, so now I can't get it back. It's useless anyways.

arknu

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site

Just to confirm that I'm seeing this as well on my 1020 running build 10572. This and a crash when changing Quick Actions is about the only issues I have with this build - otherwise it is a massive improvement.

On the upside, the Glance settings app actually survived a reset this time...

vincentw56

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site

Glance is gone for me. I am not sure why. I've had it on all the other Insider builds. Of course, it doesn't show up in the store either so I can't install it.

iwameed

Dec 20, 2014
Visit site

I got that prob too. Glance settings disappeared after hard reset.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Corwin_Amber

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site

I am having two niggles with this build:

- error 803F8006 for updating Motion data.
- Microsoft Photos Plugin and Blocking and Filtering show up as an update every single time checking. Can ber installed without problems but then show up again when checking for updates.

Besides that, it is a massive improvement. Finally.

drtek

May 15, 2013
Visit site

Same here. Used to be able to use SysApp pusher to get it to open, if you couldn't see it. Not any longer.

eehsun

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Same here.
As a side note, I'd lost much of the Extras after a hard reset (like audio, network+, touch) - I only had access point, Extras & Info and Glance, and Glance would not update. After I enrolled in the Fast Ring and allowed the phone to do a Fast Ring config update, however, all the Extras came back. Still unable to update Glance, though.

Jonnie LasVegas

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Same here.
As a side note, I'd lost much of the Extras after a hard reset (like audio, network+, touch) - I only had access point, Extras & Info and Glance, and Glance would not update. After I enrolled in the Fast Ring and allowed the phone to do a Fast Ring config update, however, all the Extras came back. Still unable to update Glance, though.

I had the opposite experience. Had all extras after initial update. Once I got the Fast Ring config update I lost all my extras other than extras & info, network+, and Nokia account. Really want to turn off my glance screen and now I can't even do that.

Jonnie LasVegas

May 15, 2014
Visit site

Hi, I just joined the insider program, (build 10572) and I am having an issue updating Glance and a few other apps (the here maps, here drive+, audio, network+)
The error is 0x803f8006.
Just wondering if this is normal, and if there is a way to fix it.
Unfortunately, it's very normal. I've had these issues with different apps each build.

Cruachan 11

Aug 24, 2015
Visit site
No options for me under Extras, in fact Extras + Info won't open. Everything else seems finem just want to disable that bloody glance screen which I really hate.

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
The problems I've heard about with Glance are really the only reasons I don't jump my Lumia 830 to this build. I'm fine with just running my Lumia 520 and holding out for RTM to put my daily driver on.

TK2011

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Got mine working on L920. No need to install anything. Just go to Settings and search for Glance. Tap on it and it asks for reboot. After reboot, go to Settings again and search Glance and then configure it the way you want. It was off by default.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99