How can I get Glance to update (build 10572)?

Jonnie LasVegas

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Got mine working on L920. No need to install anything. Just go to Settings and search for Glance. Tap on it and it asks for reboot. After reboot, go to Settings again and search Glance and then configure it the way you want. It was off by default.

This didn't work for me, unfortunately.

vincentw56

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Mine started working. Weird because there was a lot of stuff missing in the "extra" tab. After a while, it filled up. It still won't update in the store, but it does work and I can get to the settings of it.

TK2011

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Got mine working on L920. No need to install anything. Just go to Settings and search for Glance. Tap on it and it asks for reboot. After reboot, go to Settings again and search Glance and then configure it the way you want. It was off by default.

OK, now I'm not sure it's working bug free because my phone has been sitting warm since I turned it on. It was very cool when idling for past 24 hrs until now.

Jonnie LasVegas

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Mine started working. Weird because there was a lot of stuff missing in the "extra" tab. After a while, it filled up. It still won't update in the store, but it does work and I can get to the settings of it.
I had something similar happen. Turned it off for a while, then when I turned it back on the extra settings were all there. They still won't open, just give me the "loading...", but it's a step in the right direction, lol. My phone also downloaded a bunch of apps I didn't have before! Not updates but new apps (have auto updates off of course)! Kind of strange.

ShyAmkuMarII

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
L830 facing a glance screen problem while the screen is off, as the time slowly stepping up in ever next minutes and again coming directly down and again going up and up. and when i move my finger above the sensor, suddenly the time comes down again.

Facing problem in setting of glance as its LOADING... Pls note this issue.

jantila

Oct 22, 2015
Visit site
About Glance:

Worked fine after installing 10572 from 8.1. But, some other apps did not (like Here maps). Then I did the hard reset which re-installed 10572 -> Here and most other apps started to work but lost Glance.

I see the clock and email noticifations on Glance Screen now, but can't change any settings (no calendar notifications etc).

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Mine works. Initially when you see Glance in extras you go into it and it asks you to reboot. Once you reboot it shows up. If you're not getting it do a factory reset and don't do a backup restore. Sometimes backup restores may mess up the install because it may have registry entries or database entries that cause issues.

midnightfrolic

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
Re: Glance wont update (build 10572)

I am having two niggles with this build:

- error 803F8006 for updating Motion data.
- Microsoft Photos Plugin and Blocking and Filtering show up as an update every single time checking. Can ber installed without problems but then show up again when checking for updates.

Besides that, it is a massive improvement. Finally.

Same here on 640 XL unlocked version. RM-1064_1044

Conan143

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
L830 facing a glance screen problem while the screen is off, as the time slowly stepping up in ever next minutes and again coming directly down and again going up and up. and when i move my finger above the sensor, suddenly the time comes down again.

IDK it's a feature left by Nokia for Glance an its perfectly normal :)

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

The moving around is normal.

Cree Ray

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site

Right, no option to uninstall Glance Screen... Don't know what else to try :/

Change the year to 2105 and beyond. Then you can uninstall any systems component. Change the date back to current and install the component back from the store.

Salmanaman653

Jan 22, 2015
Visit site

Hi, I just joined the insider program, (build 10572) and I am having an issue updating Glance and a few other apps (the here maps, here drive+, audio, network+)
The error is 0x803f8006.
Just wondering if this is normal, and if there is a way to fix it.

GrayW0lf

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site

Change the year to 2105 and beyond. Then you can uninstall any systems component. Change the date back to current and install the component back from the store.

This an interesting idea but it didn't work for me. Ah well - I appreciate the suggestion!

Kevin Houle1

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site

Glance doesn't show up in the app list like it did in 8.1. It shows up in the extra settings. So this wouldn't work.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site

This an interesting idea but it didn't work for me. Ah well - I appreciate the suggestion!
Looks like the bug has been patched, I just tried it on build 10572 on my 640.

Try this. It does need some tinkering.

Glance doesn't show up in the app list like it did in 8.1. It shows up in the extra settings. So this wouldn't work.
Glance never showed up in the app list on 8.1, it has always been a system app and located under phone settings.

Kevin Houle1

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site

Looks like the bug has been patched, I just tried it on build 10572 on my 640.

Try this. It does need some tinkering.

Glance never showed up in the app list on 8.1, it has always been a system app and located under phone settings.

So exactly how are we supposed to long press and uninstall it?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers