How can I get Glance to update (build 10572)?

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Re: Glance wont update (build 10572)

So exactly how are we supposed to long press and uninstall it?

It was never a long press and uninstall. In 8.1 if you forward the date to 100 years from now and simply go into phone settings and tap on the app to open it (not long press) you'll see a popup with 2 options, either to buy (I haven't tried what happens if one taps on it) or to uninstall. Just select uninstall to uninstall it.

On WM10, you can uninstall it from storage sense.

Kevin Houle1

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site

It was never a long press and uninstall. In 8.1 if you forward the date to 100 years from now and simply go into phone settings and tap on the app to open it (not long press) you'll see a popup with 2 options, either to buy (I haven't tried what happens if one taps on it) or to uninstall. Just select uninstall to uninstall it.

Ah, in that case, I set the date 100 years and tapped on glance in extra settings, bit it still doesn't load.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site

W10m. No need to uninstall glance on 8.1 as it worked properly anyways and I could disable it.

Read my response above. The only way to uninstall it on WM10 is from Storage Sense. The date trick works on WP8.1 only. To enable glance on WM10 (if its not available for any reason) you'll have to developer unlock the device and deploy the glance app manually.

Kevin Houle1

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site

Read my response above. The only way to uninstall it on WM10 is from Storage Sense. The date trick works on WP8.1 only. To enable glance on WM10 (if its not available for any reason) you'll have to developer unlock the device and deploy the glance app manually.

This?
Try this. It does need some tinkering.

I'm not sure what the standby.xap app is, but your guide says its to make glance show up under extra settings. Does this work if glance is already under extra settings and just refuses to open?

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site

I'm not sure what the standby.xap app is, but your guide says its to make glance show up under extra settings. Does this work if glance is already under extra settings and just refuses to open?
Yes it should. I would actually uninstall it first from Storage Sense >> Reboot >> and then follow the guide.

Kevin Houle1

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site

Yes it should. I would actually uninstall it first from Storage Sense >> Reboot >> and then follow the guide.

Does that xap you have posted in your guide install storage sense? Because this is what my storage app looks like right now:

Well. Tapatalk sucks and wont let me upload my image. But it seems to just be called storage on w10m. And there's no spot in there to uninstall anything.

GrayW0lf

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site

For what it's worth: 10572's Glance can be fixed by reinstalling the Windows Insider app, reconfiguring 10572 for the Fast Ring and then checking for updates. There is a "Fast Ring Configuration Update" that will install and, after it's done, Glance will now work. It still won't update (for me - I still get 0x803f8006) but the app works, finally.

Kevin Houle1

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site

For what it's worth: 10572's Glance can be fixed by reinstalling the Windows Insider app, reconfiguring 10572 for the Fast Ring and then checking for updates. There is a "Fast Ring Configuration Update" that will install and, after it's done, Glance will now work. It still won't update (for me - I still get 0x803f8006) but the app works, finally.

Yup, totally did that instead. :)

Nejcooo

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
What was annoying me is that I couldn't update glance screen so I can see date, status, and background too as I always got error on update in store. What I did is I installed RootTool.xap and interlop unlocked it, then I installed StandbySettings.xap which gave me access to all those settings. I know it shouldn't be this way, but I'm not gonna wait months for my Hong Kong 920 to drop final Windows 10.

Kevin Houle1

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
What was annoying me is that I couldn't update glance screen so I can see date, status, and background too as I always got error on update in store. What I did is I installed RootTool.xap and interlop unlocked it, then I installed StandbySettings.xap which gave me access to all those settings. I know it shouldn't be this way, but I'm not gonna wait months for my Hong Kong 920 to drop final Windows 10.

Can it display the weather too, like it used to do on 8.1?

Nejcooo

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I think you are refering to official MSN Weather. That always worked fine for me on Lumia 920 v10572. Tile is working as intended..

Aamod Potdar

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
On Lumia 820 with 572 build.

Where 10572 build got installed for the first time , glance screen was working perfectly. The Glance Screen was the one which gave you toggle to show date too.

But after few hours , Whatsapp stopped showing up in lock screen notifications. Plus glance screen wouldnt update immediately to what was shown on lock screen.

I decided to reset the phone. Reset done , it had bunch of updates including glance screen. But as for everyone , even i cannot update the glance screen

And this glance screen is different from what i initially got after installing 10572 build. The one after reset does not allow or show the toggle button to show date.

I am just going to wait. Atleast it works.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb