Device Recovery Tool and 635

wpfan2be

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
So I tried to go back to Windows 8.1 in order to install the latest preview build. Recovery tool did its thing. Back to 8.1. I get an email from "Microsoft Devices Team" saying..."We turned on Reset Protection for your Windows Phone. This means no one can reset it now without your Microsoft account.". So after installing Windows Insider and rebooting, I try to get the latest update, Insider keeps on saying cant update because of error. Also most of the apps that need to update are failing the update.

I run Recovery tool again to re-install 8.1 and start all over again. It says completed. I start the load process, added wifi info, then I get...
"Reset Protection Notification. Looks like your phone was reset and you didn't turn off Reset Protection. You need to enter your MS account information..." I say, no problem, hit Next, and and I get a "Setup wizard" white screen, nothing else...
I hit Back and try "Disable using recovery key". I go into my devices to look for the phone so that I can get the key... IT IS NOT THERE!!!

So, now stuck with the "Reset Protection" screen, which does not let me enter my MS account credentials, and since the device is not listed under My Devices, I cant get a recovery key!

I thought that Reset Protection was only enabled for the 640.

Any ideas on what to do here? Yes I re-flashed over and over, it stops on the same screen. Good protection, but if I cant enter my credentials to recover my phone, well, then not so good feature...

wpfan2be

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
With only days left in the warranty, I was able to ship the phone to MS and they installed 8.1 back on the phone. It's all good.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven