10572 on 830 - SD Unavailable

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
So I finally bit the bullet and put 10572 on my daily driver. Works nice and fast BUT after less than a day all the apps on my SD are now showing Unavailable. They did work when first installed.

I took out the card and scanned on a desktop. Card is fine. Any ideas what is happening? Anyone else experiencing this?

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
So I finally bit the bullet and put 10572 on my daily driver. Works nice and fast BUT after less than a day all the apps on my SD are now showing Unavailable. They did work when first installed.

I took out the card and scanned on a desktop. Card is fine. Any ideas what is happening? Anyone else experiencing this?

Same iussue. Only soft restarts forces lumia to check sd during startup (on screen notification)

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I found that a Hard reset fixed it for me.

However I did have a reoccurrence. In a mild manner that did check and fix after reboot. Other than that this build is nice.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
I had to format the SD in my PC and reinsert to phone. Phone immediately re-recognized it.

I had to do the same. Nothing else seemed to work for me. I backed up my photos and music, formatted, recopied my photos and music, and now all is well.

While it wouldn't recognize the SD card for maps or for apps, Groove music had no issues finding my music, and the file explorer could find the files on the card as well. Photos worked. It was apps installed on the device or maps installed on the device that was bonkers.

celticmagick

May 23, 2015
Visit site
Reformatting the card is not necessary. Your card is fine. This has to do with the build itself or an odd glitch during the update process. Try doing a hard reset then upgrade from there.

Leon Stucki

Oct 22, 2015
Visit site
I had the exact same experience on my Lumia 635.
I installed without any difficultly [except taking a LONG time.]
I have a number of apps & pics on my SD but not anywhere near full.
They were working just fine after I initially installed 10572 .
But today when I started back up NO SD.
I pulled it out and reinserted several times, blew air on connectors, etc.
The SD card works fine on two PC's I put it into.
I see this appears to have been a problem for a number of months - I am surprised NO ONE appears to care about this.
Unless someone starts caring Windows 10 on phones will be a big BUST!

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Reformatting the card is not necessary. Your card is fine. This has to do with the build itself or an odd glitch during the update process. Try doing a hard reset then upgrade from there.

I don't have readily available Wi-Fi, and have to leave my family for hours on end to have access to it. I decided I'd rather format the SD card as opposed to leaving my family for several hours on a day I had planned to spend much of it with them. It was easier, and worked rather flawlessly.

Everything is running so smooth that I've decided with few exceptions it's a great daily driver. Just wish the flashlight worked. Believe it or not, that's my only gripe so far, after 12 hours of fairly heavy testing today.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss