What doesn't work in 10572

Tim Stone

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
I am testing with a Lumia Icon, on Verizon, using the latest build ( 10572 ). I've read the list from Microsoft about what has been fixed, and what is still not working. However, I'm finding on my phone that there are other items never mentioned. So, I'd like to see if its "just my phone" or if these issues are present with all Icons, and more importantly, do they exist on other phones being used for testing Insider builds.

This latest upgrade was done from a fresh 8.1 install, and doing the hard reset afterwards, then updating all apps from the store. I did NOT restore from a backup. Everything is fresh, though my contacts related data does auto-fill from my O365 Exchange account.

Here is my list, and I would appreciate feedback, and additions to the list:

1) Hey Cortana can not be used ( but was present in 8.1 ). The phone says Voice Activation is not available on this device

2) The Band cannot use voice communication with the phone ( though it worked on 8.1 )

3) Motion detection cannot be controlled. The menu option for it will not engage.

4) The store still tries to update applications that do not appear on the phone.

5) Some apps ( ie. Verizon Visual Voice Mail ) show an update is available, but it gets an error when trying to install it.

6) Visual voice mail does not work on this phone although it did with 8.1, and is turned on at the carrier

7) Some apps quit working though nothing on the phone is actually touched

8) Color choices are not always matching properly. For example, using Blue on a dark background displays most material in a contrasting white text which is correct. However, in messaging, system notices are blue on black, though the originator of the message Is white, and replies are a light gray ( which are readable ). The blue cannot be read. Set it to a light color and the white text is still used and fades into the background.

So ... is my experience unique or common ? And please, folks, this is about troubleshooting problems, and in no way being critical of the work being done by MSFT.

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
6 was mentioned in the release notes for this build.
4 and 5 were issues for me too in the last few builds, with the Verizon apps. I just uninstalled them.

NXTwoThou

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
Message history sync is a problem I, and a lot of other people are having(separate thread about it). We got a load of messages, then it stopped. In my case, I've got some text messages between 3/2014 and 6/2014 and Skype messages from 10/14/2015 forward. I'm pretty sure the reason my phone is red hot and draining battery like crazy is it's stuck in some sort of loop trying to update the history. The same thing happened last week after the second update to the integrated messaging app, it went crazy up until Sunday of this week. At least this version I can keep my phone alive on a wireless charger, with the issue last week, the wireless charger couldn't keep up with the power drain!(I ended up having to turn on battery saver if I was going to be away from a charger for more than 2 hours). I'm hopeful they figure it out soon.

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I turned off Message sync and rebooted. then turned it back on again and it started to get the messages. Took a while but eventually they were all there.

920Walker

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
The 1st and 3rd quick actions, in Settings > Notifications that are WiFi and Rotation Lock, respectively, are crashing Settings when they are pressed to change. I had the same issue in the last build. Hard resets, no restores, 920.

Kevin Houle1

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
The 1st and 3rd quick actions, in Settings > Notifications that are WiFi and Rotation Lock, respectively, are crashing Settings when they are pressed to change. I had the same issue in the last build. Hard resets, no restores, 920.

This is happening with me as well.

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Live TIles do not show unread count correctly. Outlook shows an ugly number on the bottom right and WhatsApp doesn't show anything

Rasetech

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site

Same here, but only for the third option, the Rotation Lock

I can't seem to update the Glance Screen app and Here Drive+ app. Error code 0x803F8006 appears.

Any fix you know?

Same here for Glance Screen app.

GrayW0lf

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
I can't seem to update the Glance Screen app and Here Drive+ app. Error code 0x803F8006 appears.

Any fix you know?

As noted in another thread regarding 0x803f8006 and the Glance app - copy-pasting to this thread so that everyone is aware:

"https://twitter.com/GabeAul/status/656932799002185728

Apparently this is a known issue and the team is working on it."

Mattman86

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
1 doesn't matter to me since I never used it on 8.1
2 works fine for me
3 is annoying but it still functions
4 hasn't happened to me
5 happened to me for a few hours at the beginning but not anymore
6 works fine for me
7 happened for me on 8.1 as well
8... I actually haven't paid enough attention to notice this one.

iSingBass

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Not sure whether this is maybe actually an annoying (security) feature, but I'm not able to cut/paste between Messaging and text boxes on pages displayed in Edge.
EDIT:
I can paste if I hold down on the text box and select Paste, but the Paste icon does not appear in the keyboard.

Last edited:

Rasetech

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
I am facing some weird keyboard issues. In Edge I can't type some letters like s, u, q in another app it always displays an € sign when I type in a "e".

Karsten Fischer

May 19, 2015
Visit site
Having the same keyboard problem in Edge - keys s,q,u, do not work. Makes it almost useless...

Trying to type the letter e, like in account settings, produces €.

I tried it with a 925 & 735 - same thing. Changing keyboard does not improve the situation.

Rudiepoo1

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Running it on my 1520 and currently no visual voicemail, which sucks as I get no notification if I have a new vm, also Netflix has video issues.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss