Is Here drive + not available anymore?

iTomas

Jan 16, 2015
Visit site
Hey, just installed win10 mobile build 10572, everything works just fine, except here drive+, it says (in store) that it's unavailable.. SysAPPpusher doesnt help either. any suggestions?

Paolo Ferrazza

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
HERE apps have been replaced by the official maps app. The maps are the same of old HERE app so you should not have issues.

It can avoid traffic and has some very nice features too. It has improved a lot in the past months.

Only Cortana voice at the moment but it is ok.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
There are 2 things that annoy me about the Microsoft Maps app, which I hope they will address in future updates fairly soon.
1. Voice Navigation CANNOT be turned OFF! I like the map and directions, but do NOT want the voice. So easy in Here.
2. The large banner at the top for the next turn is SO HUGE that you get very little map in landscape mode. I only use navigation in Landscape mode, and this is a deal breaker for me. Such a lot of wasted space that could be better utilized.

Lucky for me, Here Drive + stayed installed, and I didn't do a hard reset afterward. Although I can't set it as the default map app (and mad about that), at least I have it. It can no longer be obtained from the store, so I'll have to be careful not to reset my device until something is done about it.

920Walker

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
There are 2 things that annoy me about the Microsoft Maps app, which I hope they will address in future updates fairly soon.
1. Voice Navigation CANNOT be turned OFF! I like the map and directions, but do NOT want the voice. So easy in Here.
2. The large banner at the top for the next turn is SO HUGE that you get very little map in landscape mode. I only use navigation in Landscape mode, and this is a deal breaker for me. Such a lot of wasted space that could be better utilized.

Lucky for me, Here Drive + stayed installed, and I didn't do a hard reset afterward. Although I can't set it as the default map app (and mad about that), at least I have it. It can no longer be obtained from the store, so I'll have to be careful not to reset my device until something is done about it.[/QUOTE

1) I don't mind voice on, but it should be an option. Need a British or Aussie female voice though.

2) I feel like Geordi La Forge looking at that map sliver. Good thing I have full sight of the whole road and surroundings.

3) No options for different types of routes or avoidances.

4) Needs waypoints. Show me a gas station on my current route or very nearby. Let Cortana add waypoints if I ask her for a nearby restaurant and decide on one. Garmin was doing this 10 years ago. If it can't be done due to patents find a workaround.

I too still have HERE Drive+ after the update so happy for now. If only it could be set as default with Cortana with W10. Have to leave HD+ in online mode and type to search or copy and paste directions manually.

Edit: I'm referring to the new Maps app in 1-4. Long live HERE Drive+

Last edited:

snakebitten

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Here Maps & Here Drive are both working on my throwdown 640. (10572)
And I did do a hard reset after loading build.
I'm a fan of Here apps. I don't despise the native maps, but find Nokia's maps better personally.
Maybe as W10 matures, things will change for me.

Peter McNeill1

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
My biggest beef is they are not updated. If I use google maps, all the stores, resturants etc that are newly opened, they are there. Use Here or MS maps and they are old... heh, MS maps shows pizza places by me that closed over 4 yrs ago. It's sad and I hope they get their act together.

vEEP pEEP

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
I'd still prefer HERE maps. But why don't we have a choice. Why did they stop making it for WP when it used to exist?

Is the Nokia MS fallout - and the consumer gets burnt?

Mr. V

mjyumping

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I know the Here Apps are working in this build. It's just that you cannot update those apps on the store an error code pops up, and you also can't find it on a Store search. Same as with the Glance screen app.

anon(3463402)

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
1. Voice Navigation CANNOT be turned OFF
2. The large banner at the top for the next turn is SO HUGE
Send them Feedback. ;)
Here Maps & Here Drive are both working on my throwdown 640. (10572)
And I did do a hard reset after loading build.
Same here.

I'm optimistic about Microsoft Maps, it's getting better and better, and IMO it's good replacement for Here apps.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
I'd still prefer HERE maps. But why don't we have a choice. Why did they stop making it for WP when it used to exist?

Is the Nokia MS fallout - and the consumer gets burnt?

Mr. V

It hasn't been stopped. It is actually in the store. I was able to obtain a direct link to the store on my phone and located it. However, there is a message stating, "This app has been blocked due to company policy."

After some thought on this, I have come to the realization that this is an Insider Preview, and we agreed that we would test things for Microsoft. No one would test the Microsoft Maps if we were still using Here. So, what is happening, is that I believe it will be available again later, but we must test the new Maps program and help them to improve it.

And as far as not being able to turn off the voice, I have learned as of this morning (when I discovered it in a "duh!" moment), that if you press the ellipses at the bottom, it gives the option to "mute" the voice. I'm happy now except for the narrow view in landscape mode, which I have sent feedback concerning this.

Ixia

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
I'm on 8.1 and not Insider Preview. Here is completely missing from the UK store. I still have it installed, but it doesn't seem to have relevant up to date traffic info.

leehab

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
Maps is no match for HERE+ . Maps is inferior in every aspect . Text is too small and arrow on very top also too thin . Navigations is not something you can build in couple of years . It takes years and years . Navigation has to be Simple & Readable at a " glance " because that is the time a driver has .

Look at Sygic & HERE+ and you see everything Bold and easy . I hope HERE+ is updated and an option for us . Maps at current state is useless .

coja77

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
Any news about availability of HERE Drive+ and HERE Maps on build 10586?
HERE Drive+ is very important app for me on my Lumia 1520, so to lose it for the sake of W10...Nope

Christian Holzer

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
How to use Here Drive+ on latest W10 builds
  1. Restore your phone to WP8.1 using the windows tool
  2. install all the apps you want to use (like Here Drive+)
  3. install latest W10 build
  4. now you can still use Here Drive+

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6