10572 won't restore my backup

anon(3463402)

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
Selected backup, it started restoring but then I get message "can't restore until verify account bla bla..." and there are only two buttons: [Cancel] and [Try Again]. [Cancel] means f.ck my backup and [Try again] means ask me again if I want my backup to be f.cked. There is no any option to verify my account and this was very frustrating experience.

Now I'm doing hard reset for the second time with hope that VeRiFy will not play dirty game with me again.

I hate the fact that we must reset the phone to restore backup.
I hate all those verifying sh.t with email accounts...

anon(3463402)

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
OK, but how?

Reverted to 8.1, installed Windows Insider app, upgraded to 10572, done a hard reset, connected to Wi-Fi, logged in to my MS account, then tried to restore my backup...

Where I made mistake?

920Walker

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
The insider preview is optional with inherent risks listed in the terms of service. If the backup exists in OneDrive there is no harm in trying again. I've never seen a Verification request so am unsure when exactly this occurred. Sucks though.

Tumultus

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
Selected backup, it started restoring but then I get message "can't restore until verify account bla bla..." and there are only two buttons: [Cancel] and [Try Again]. [Cancel] means f.ck my backup and [Try again] means ask me again if I want my backup to be f.cked. There is no any option to verify my account and this was very frustrating experience.

Now I'm doing hard reset for the second time with hope that VeRiFy will not play dirty game with me again.

I hate the fact that we must reset the phone to restore backup.
I hate all those verifying sh.t with email accounts...
My advice: Go back to the official WP8.1! You clearly expect a finished operating system with the W10M insider preview builds - that's not what the Windows Insider program is about! The preview is for developers and people who would like to participate in building the next operating system, speak: beta testers and bug hunters. If you want to run it as your daily driver but don't want to deal with the problems, opt out of the insider program!

Ok, we got it! You hate resetting the phone! Once more: opt out of the insider program!
Ok, we got it too that you hate verifying your account! Still, I am sure you would hate even more if someone takes over your account?

BTW: You must have done something seriously wrong with your account or setup because I've never encountered all those verification issues at all!

anon(3463402)

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
After another hard reset it prompted me properly to verify account by entering another email, so this time it worked as it should.

Please keep that "go back to 8.1" sh.t for someone else.

mortici

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
Have the same issue. Did a restore. Didn't verify account, just installed insider preview and updated. Once updated couldn't verify account. Noticed no passwords or work hotspots were synced and couldn't do a backup. Only place I found a Verify option is under Accounts -> sync options. Tapping it does nothing.

Im tempted to hard reset or just roll back, verify, upgrade.

Or wait for the next build...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa