Windows Device Recovery Tool - get to Installing and large NOKIA logo on phone..

Thomas Sharp

Sep 1, 2015
Visit site
trying to roll back to WP8 with Windows Device Recovery Tool - get the large NOKIA logo on phone..and the tool goes to "installing" but then immediately fails, and the phone reboots back to normal.

Help?:crying:

Edit: done it many times with same result; also tried deleting the USB drivers from device manager, and reinstalling. Nokia Recovery Tool doesn't work with Lumia 920.

Last edited:

Kevin Houle1

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Re: Windows Device Recovery Tool - get the large NOKIA logo on phone..

What phone you got? Try the Nokia phone recovery tool, not the windows phone recovery tool.
Sent from my Ativ S

sunfir222

May 29, 2014
Visit site

830 error win10.PNGI have the same problem on WP10M 10536 With recovery tool from Microsoft. does not help With nokia tool - says it does not work.

this is the Message I get.. just before this happens the tool says: "entering flashing mode". restore logo flashes for 1 sec and then phone reboots. voila - error on PC..

Thomas Sharp

Sep 1, 2015
Visit site

View attachment 114903I have the same problem on WP10M 10536 With recovery tool from Microsoft. does not help With nokia tool - says it does not work.

this is the Message I get.. just before this happens the tool says: "entering flashing mode". restore logo flashes for 1 sec and then phone reboots. voila - error on PC..

Exactly this.What phone do you have, Sunfir222?

Last edited:

Miroslaw Karol

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site

View attachment 114903I have the same problem on WP10M 10536 With recovery tool from Microsoft. does not help With nokia tool - says it does not work.

Same to me, I cannot restore to Windows 8.1. It fails every time. :| L830.

GrayW0lf

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Sometimes you have to swap USB ports and/or cables to avoid this. Otherwise the Recovery Tool has worked pretty well for me. Good luck!!

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Running a 1320 and ended up in bootloop. Squeaky bum time, used WRDT and went device not found, and phone picked up in UEFI mode, restored in no time

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
On 581 my device is not recognized at all. Of course this also started after the enforced upgrade of WDRT. My only option to restore now is NUS for retail.

Fuzzy John

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
trying to roll back to WP8 with Windows Device Recovery Tool - get the large NOKIA logo on phone..and the tool goes to "installing" but then immediately fails, and the phone reboots back to normal.

Help?:crying:

Edit: done it many times with same result; also tried deleting the USB drivers from device manager, and reinstalling. Nokia Recovery Tool doesn't work with Lumia 920.
The Recovery Tool DOES work with Lumia 920. Your problem is elsewhere. As to where or what the problem is, unfortunately I cannot tell.

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
After going to 581 preview WDRT does NOT recognise my 1320, 640xl or 930. Luckily NUS for retail does, without any hitches. Restores phone in around 5 mins. Don't know what has happened unless the bios has had an upgrade for win 10? It could be the WDRT update that we were FORCED to take!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb