Be afraid of KB3105208, blue screen, repair doesn't work, system restore doesn't work

tbsteph47

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
Ditto. surface 3.

This is getting tiresome. The frequency of failed updates issued by Microsoft is inexcusable.

Last edited:

Robert Rathbun

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site
Go to the slow ring if your going to cry about testing software, or quit the program altogether. Comments like "Microsoft BLAH BLAH BLAH' are inappropriate here. Just quit and give up testing altogether if you can stand the heat in the kitchen.

THIS IS A TESTING PROGRAM WITH RISKS AND WAS NEVER INTENDED TO BE A FREE LICENSE PATH

As for the work around for the BSOD, I am going to give it a shot.

Thanks to those who provide useful feedback!

NXTwoThou

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
Least helpful post ever Robert. You turned a warning post about insiders needing to pay attention to this update into your personal superiority complex about anyone having issues being unworthy or incapable of testing. Hope you got whatever personal satisfaction you needed out of taking the time to type that.

jcotton42 hit it on the head. I've posted their suggestion in the other forum and a lot of people who've been stuck are now alive again. That was the original purpose, mentioning a problem, finding solutions to problem. Making sure none of the testers feel isolated when their machines do something unexpected.

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for posting. Happened to me too. And to the &$#@ know it all, the issue affects all SP3 with secure boot enabled. Preview or not!

ArtieMcD

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Happened to me too on Surface Pro 1 with Secure boot enabled. Had to disable secure boot and manually enter the decryption key to let windows finish booting after the patch.

Last edited:

Exhibit13

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Issue also borked my ThinkPad x1 carbon touch (2nd gen - 2014 model). Unfortunately I wiped drive with a fresh install and as soon as I updated it happened again. Wish I read this thread before I wiped drive!

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Kind of surprised this isn't getting more attention. Not even an alert article from Windows Central?. These updates need to be QA'd better. Especially on Microsoft's own hardware...

dicks-webos

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
Had massive issue with getting this on my SF2PRO. Had a blue screen and could only get it back to work by system restore point. Then I disabled secure boot and it worked.

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Another update, this morning I had the exact same issue on my Lenovo X1 Carbon. Fortunately this time I knew the fix. Disabled Secure Boot and the system came up fine. This has got to be the worst release they've done in awhile. I'm hearing a lot of people affected. Reports are coming in from our users as well. This wont be a good day.....

Last edited:

Daniel Rubino

Editor-in-chief
Staff member
Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
Kind of surprised this isn't getting more attention. Not even an alert article from Windows Central?. These updates need to be QA'd better. Especially on Microsoft's own hardware...

This post is 1 page with 17 replies and we have had no tips about this from users. Forgive us for not reporting on everything that happens to users as a problem in the Insider program.

(Also, pro tip: If you think a topic needs coverage, feel free to tip us but also be kind enough to give us the forum link so we know what you are talking about, thanks)

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
This post is 1 page with 17 replies and we have had no tips about this from users. Forgive us for not reporting on everything that happens to users as a problem in the Insider program.

(Also, pro tip: If you think a topic needs coverage, feel free to tip us but also be kind enough to give us the forum link so we know what you are talking about, thanks)

I did submit a "news tip" via the link on the site, but did not include the forum link. Also this is not only affecting those in the Insider Program. Standard Windows 10 installs have the same issue after applying the update. I'm getting hit with many of my user base having this issue.

NXTwoThou

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
Had no clue it was going to be so wide spread until I woke up to find 100+ posts on the Microsoft answers site. I'm just very glad that jcotton42 made their post about secure boot.

Speaking of problems, I've been having a hell of a time with the forums here. Load up developer tools in Edge and take a look at the console errors about unmatched end tags and unable to decode image.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster