Why am I having issues updating my phone to Windows 10?

Gautham Eswar

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
For the past week I have been trying to update my Lumia 720 to Windows 10 through the insider app. I've downloaded close to 4 GB of data. And after some memory problems, which I solved, yesterday I got the error (80188308). After checking for updates again, it started downloding (the 5th time this past week) But around 88% it's stuck saying, "You need to connect to Wi'Fi to download the update." Even though I am connected.

I've tried rebooting restarting and I can't cleaar any more space. What's happening and how do I fix it?

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Yep. Had this or the other chestnut of preparing to install, then couldn't be opened. Took me four attempts, but it is well worth the effort. On my 1320 it took over one and a half hours to get past gears. I had boot loops as well!! WDRT wouldn't detect my device ( squeaky bum time! ) but after hours of perseverance it worked. Moral of this story....A definate Hard Reset is an absolute must. Do not restore your data.

Best of luck. Let us know how you got on.

Gautham Eswar

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Thank you. I took your advice and did a hard reset. Now I'm stuck on those rotating wheels again, and this time it's not going away. I've tried resetting it, have the battery run out and just wait. It's been hours. Any idea what to do? :/

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss