Thank you Win10 for destroying my lumia

Status
Not open for further replies.

safariking

Jul 17, 2015
Visit site
I installed build 10572 but had some glitches here and there so i decided to roll back to 8.1 i used Windows Device Recovery Tool and hooked up my Lumia 1320 all went fine untill the point where it checks for security and than it says rolling back has failed! please reboot your device and try again so i rebooted my device (at least i tried to) and it won't turn on anymore (PC recognizes it as DLOAD) Recovery tool can't find it emergency flash doesn't work keeps failing.

So thanks Win10 for destroying my phone.

rafal soboczynski

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
I installed build 10572 but had some glitches here and there so i decided to roll back to 8.1 i used Windows Device Recovery Tool and hooked up my Lumia 1320 all went fine untill the point where it checks for security and than it says rolling back has failed! please reboot your device and try again so i rebooted my device (at least i tried to) and it won't turn on anymore (PC recognizes it as DLOAD) Recovery tool can't find it emergency flash doesn't work keeps failing.

So thanks Win10 for destroying my phone.

Maybe you should have read the term and agreements provided by microsoft for insider preview.might work nice and smooth for a lot of people, but it is still UNFINISHED software nin the less, so occasional bricking is to be expected. You cannot be mad at microsoft, only yourself if you didn't want to take chance you should have stayed on 8.1 until official realise.

safariking

Jul 17, 2015
Visit site
Maybe you should have read the term and agreements provided by microsoft for insider preview.might work nice and smooth for a lot of people, but it is still UNFINISHED software nin the less, so occasional bricking is to be expected. You cannot be mad at microsoft, only yourself if you didn't want to take chance you should have stayed on 8.1 until official realise.

I know that very good but you just can't expect that your device will be bricked when rolling back with a official tool that is just ridiculous

Miroslaw Karol

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem, but with 10549 build installed on Lumia 830. Tried soft reset, hard reset, "cant find my device" option but Windows Device Recovery Tool just doesnt work. I wanted to roll back to Win8.1 so I could install new build, but it seems that's impossible for now. I hope that OTA update will be available soon and it will help...

safariking

Jul 17, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problem, but with 10549 build installed on Lumia 830. Tried soft reset, hard reset, "cant find my device" option but Windows Device Recovery Tool just doesnt work. I wanted to roll back to Win8.1 so I could install new build, but it seems that's impossible for now. I hope that OTA update will be available soon and it will help...

Build 10575 will be availble early next week (will fix upgrade bug)

rafal soboczynski

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
its ridiculous, but you had were rolling back from beta software and it will effect this process. Non the less i had some problem with my 920 before as well with one of the build where I did factory reset and phone would not work, it would get stuck in booting and recovery software didn't detect the phone. I believ what I did was use 'my device ist dettected' then I would restart phone unplugged, and try to plug it in when it powers on. i took me about 15 tries but in the end i was able to detect it, hope this works for you.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site

Might want to try this:

NokiaSoftwareUpdaterForRetail_4.3.2

Might be worth a try for the OP too.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Try to find the key combinations required to press to restore device. All devices have them it's like a weird contra code.

One of the earliest desktop builds killed my hard drive on the laptop. I didn't blame MS I tossed it and went to buy a new one. I was the one who made the decision to do it, MS did not force me. It's like blaming the victim of a crime for being victimized. It doesn't work that way, you as an individual make choices and take risks.

Akkaler

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
It's ur fault not msft. You know that MS didn't force you to upgrade for w10. U could have patiently wait for the final or nearby builds.

Vinod me

Jan 7, 2014
Visit site
hey guys I've through this situation, i'm using lumia 525 and get break during updating 10 build 10549, I would suggest, open your handset directly flash motherboard by ATF box and cable, its 95% working, my lumia 525 work fine again and i'm using current build 10572

wp_ss_20151025_0001.pngwp_ss_20151025_0012.png

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
hey guys I've through this situation, i'm using lumia 525 and get break during updating 10 build 10549, I would suggest, open your handset directly flash motherboard by ATF box and cable, its 95% working, my lumia 525 work fine again and i'm using current build 10572
So you took the time to make your post in a bold font but without translating from technogeek to English, hardly anyone can understand? nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077