Why are you on Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Program?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys,

I thought it would be nice to know why people are on the insider program and what the major reason is.

So just reply to the thread and let's see what reasons people come up with. Add also your current build, phone model and country

Thank you

Chintan

Kevin Houle1

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Because its a secondary phone I'm not really using at the moment.
So I guess my major reason is... YOLO.

Nokia Lumia 1020 Canada.
Sent from my Ativ S

pdch

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
The win10 preview on my Icon is much better than 8.1 ever was. I loaded it just to try out, but can't go back. I know some people have speed issues with mid-tier phones, but win10 screams on my icon.

Scouseman

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
I got bored with 8.1 and wanted to see what WM10 had to offer. Did think I would like it. But now that I've experienced it I can't see myself going back to 8.1.

snakebitten

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I get paid to do it? :)

One of the labels they put under my name on the "Org Chart" is CTO. Been here 15 years and they know I could care less about titles, but it's important to the other officers. Anyways, to answer your question, I am that guy that has to often answer the questions in meetings about our future technology decisions. I am NOT someone who gets those answers from someone else. I will not plagiarize or quote others' opinions. I must know for myself.

So, I have the sheer joy of test driving anything and everything that might appear to be applicable for our future. It's not a huge company, by any means, but the technology budget isn't small either. And our culture is loose and flexible, so I can't be real "careful" by enforcing slow change.

None of this is a complaint. We are open 24\7\365, and I don't ever remember dreading what I do.

By the way, I have a stack of Apple products that were my personal arsenal just a few short years ago. I took my SIM out of an IPhone 4 and put it into a L920 to check what this new Windows Phone experience would be like. So many things changed that day. I didn't see that coming. IMac became a small form factor pc. MacBook became a SP2. The 920 only stayed with me until the 1520 showed up. I have been using 1520's department wide since. And the Walmart 640's are a lowest common denominator for code testing the mobile UI and functionality of our new apps.

Fast forward to W10 and I am more enthusiastic about the next 24 months than I think I ever have been about any 24 month period. I can barely sleep at night while I have the development department working on Universal Apps. Completely unbundling our X86 applications and working towards revolutionary ways of running our business. Stunning stuff, really.

So, you asked! I am running 10572 because it is just ONE way to test our code.

Torcher Death

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
Build 10572, on an aging L520 from India.
Started using preview versions right from the days of Preview for Developers on 8.1. Reason- well just curious I guess. So when the official tp was released back in April, just dived in & I must say I just love the look & feel of W10m over 8.1, so much so that I started despising 8.1 for being so ugly, every time a rollback was required.

manus31

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
the earler builds I just tried out of curiosity.I always rolled back to 8.1 very quickly,but last 4 or 5 builds have been great, and just better than 8.1.Have had the odd problem though and have rolled back now and again,but not for long.Currently running 10572 on lumia 640

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa