W10M, WP8 apps, and Software Buttons. Just not working!

AndyM72

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm running Build 10549 on a Lumia 535, and I've found a lot of WP8 apps are getting the drawing of the elements at the bottom of the screen wrong.

I'm not singling it out, but the Windows Central app is a good example. The News list is drawn all the way down to the bottom of the physical screen, even if the software buttons are showing. So the "Load More..." link at the bottom is inaccessible.

So the answer is swipe the buttons out the way, right? Nope! When the bar is hidden, there is still a black bar, maybe 4 pixels thinner, at the bottom, and the News list is STILL being drawn under it.

Is anyone else seeing this? And is this the OS telling the apps wrong boundary info, or is it the apps getting it wrong? Because there are a LOT of apps getting it wrong!

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I'm running Build 10549 on a Lumia 535, and I've found a lot of WP8 apps are getting the drawing of the elements at the bottom of the screen wrong.

I'm not singling it out, but the Windows Central app is a good example. The News list is drawn all the way down to the bottom of the physical screen, even if the software buttons are showing. So the "Load More..." link at the bottom is inaccessible.

So the answer is swipe the buttons out the way, right? Nope! When the bar is hidden, there is still a black bar, maybe 4 pixels thinner, at the bottom, and the News list is STILL being drawn under it.

Is anyone else seeing this? And is this the OS telling the apps wrong boundary info, or is it the apps getting it wrong? Because there are a LOT of apps getting it wrong!

change the text dimension in settings reducing the % and reboot, it's a random iussue

AndyM72

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
The text scaling was already at 100%. I reset the phone last week and forgot to change it back to 120%. Doesn't seem to change any WP8 apps anyway.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte