Why doesn't the Netflix mobile app on Windows 10 cast over my Samsung tv wi when tube cast does it fine?

Jason Hendry

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site
Why doesnt netflix mobile app on 10 cast over my samsung tv wi when tube cast does it fine?

I'm trying to get my Netflix to cast over my tv something the Netflix app has never done on my windows phone. I find it weird that a cheap app like tube cast can cast over very simply and Netflix doesn't. Netflix cant even give me a proper answer.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

midnightfrolic

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
Re: Why doesnt netflix mobile app on 10 cast over my samsung tv wi when tube cast does it fine?

Netflix content is usually DRM laden, so it is possible the current version of Netflix for Windows Mobile does not allow it beaming it to another screen. Whereas the cheap app is DRM agnostic and does not recognize it, because the developers aren't all about DRM because it's how they roll. Which, could get them in trouble with content providers, MPAA, RIAA...etc.

I know this doesn't help you any, but I am using a 640XL with build 10572. I have the Microsoft Wireless Display adapter. Just tested the most basic Netflix plan for $8 single screen and it works fine. Just streamed Walking Dead. I just signed up for the free trial of Netflix to test it out, just for you. :D

Could the be the wireless display with the TV perhaps being DRM happy. Are you using the option to connect to wireless display from your phone and connecting to the TV? How are you casting it?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karyrney