Gabe is a tease! But at least we know he's alive.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
finally the answer is there: release build to slow and fast ring today

Mehh that won't happen. It beats the purpose of having two release branches to begin with.

If they feel that the new build is stable enough, then it could happen. However, it is unlikely. Unlikely doesn't mean won't happen.

I'm starting to lose the ability to concentrate on what I'm supposed to be doing the closer we get to time for the announcement. Have my laptop and phone both plugged in and charging just in case. ;)

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
If they feel that the new build is stable enough, then it could happen. However, it is unlikely. Unlikely doesn't mean won't happen.

The whole reason of having two release rings was to first release a build in the fast ring and based on insider feedback release it later to the slow ring. But I am open to the simultaneous release idea too.

DoctorSaline

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
950 and 950 XL preorders in Europe have a shipping date of November 26th so if I've to guess, Final Release Build will be finalized a week or two before that.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
950 and 950 XL preorders in Europe have a shipping date of November 26th so if I've to guess, Final Release Build will be finalized a week or two before that.

Yea, with a 1gb update once you get the phone....the UNLOCKED version, the AT&T model will have to wait 3 months.... :-/

At this point, cool your doing something new, just release the dam thing....PLEASE ?

rhapdog

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
The whole reason of having two release rings was to first release a build in the fast ring and based on insider feedback release it later to the slow ring. But I am open to the simultaneous release idea too.

That's quite true as for why having two release rings, but remember that the reason for a slow ring is to keep the slow ring more stable. If it is more stable, then they may release to both anyway. I'm open to it, but I'm not so sure this is what it is. Wait an hour and 15 minutes, and perhaps we'll know.

CSJr1

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
Re: Dual Release.
I think Gabe could have kept that noteworthy tease to himself. Almost as bad as the new emoji announcement, but at least that wasn't teased as a new feature. Here I was all expecting Moible WaaS and patch updates from now on.

Please Gabe, no more guessing announcements for diversion purposes. Just the facts:)

rhapdog

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Yes. Ludicrous Speed!

Funny you should mention it. This was just mentioned on Twitter by Gabe. He said that in this ring, Insiders will get 5 builds per day up to November 12 when we get the TH2 Final release. Each build will be a full download of the OS instead of a patch update, and will take roughly 45 minutes of spinning gears and restoring your phone. Wi-Fi will be broken, so be prepared to use a truckload of data on these builds.

This post brought to you by some dude feeling more like it's April 1st than November 5.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa