Battery Issue or W10M

Matt1971

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
I have upgraded my 1520 to all w10 builds and currently I'm on 10581, but I'm having a weird issue when the Battery is under strain say from playing a game. It can be fully charged and drops to 80% and I get critically low message and it shuts down. A restart sometimes then shows 50%, but it doesn't last much longer and shuts down again. When charging it can go from 40% to 80% real quick like seconds. This all points to a Battery issue right? Well if I leave screen on and not tax the Battery much, it will gradually decrease from 100% to 5%, but it takes hours n hours

So what you reckon? Battery issue or W10m?

Thanks Matt

Satyendra Nair

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
Though highly unlikely that background processes will hog that amount of battery, have a look there. If that turns up in vain, I have to ask - Did you do a reset after upgrading to the latest build? Did the problem only start occurring in this build?
To check once more, roll back to WP8.1 with the WDRT and see if the problem still persists.
If that doesn't work, AFAIK, it could be a battery issue.

For the battery performance on this build, I have done heavy multitasking with the screen on (almost) continuously for 2-3 hours at a time. This led me to 5-6 hours of battery life until it completely died out; a day's worth of use could also be squeezed out of my 640XL (3K mah) with 15% remaining at the end of the day with normal usage.

Matt1971

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
Though highly unlikely that background processes will hog that amount of battery, have a look there. If that turns up in vain, I have to ask - Did you do a reset after upgrading to the latest build? Did the problem only start occurring in this build?
To check once more, roll back to WP8.1 with the WDRT and see if the problem still persists.
If that doesn't work, AFAIK, it could be a battery issue.

For the battery performance on this build, I have done heavy multitasking with the screen on (almost) continuously for 2-3 hours at a time. This led me to 5-6 hours of battery life until it completely died out; a day's worth of use could also be squeezed out of my 640XL (3K mah) with 15% remaining at the end of the day with normal usage.
Thanks for the reply. Did a hard reset and no Restore for 10572, so i did just upgrade over the top for 10581. I used to get some Battery critically low messages previously but put it down to the w10 build

Will check background processes though

Thanks Matt

Matt1971

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
Follow up. Definitely a battery issue. Went back to 8.1, same thing happens. This was my backup phone used for w10m builds. Guess that's a warning about how previous builds of w10m have thrashed my battery to death

Satyendra Nair

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
Follow up. Definitely a battery issue. Went back to 8.1, same thing happens. This was my backup phone used for w10m builds. Guess that's a warning about how previous builds of w10m have thrashed my battery to death

To advise you to visit a MS service centre is the best I could advice you since it persists even after a roll back.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720