Groove Music on build 10581 0xc00d12f7 (Can't check usage rights)

jmwhite19

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Just curious if anyone else is seeing issues with Groove Music and unable to download items in their music collection on build 10581? I'm currently getting the following error on any download attempts:

Couldn't download

Can't check usage rights. Make sure you have internet access, then restart the app.

0xc00d12f7 (0x8004b822)

I do have internet access and I have tried restarting both the app and device. I have an active Music Pass. What's interesting is it downloaded some of library fine but then just threw the above error for everything else there after. All download attempts are met with the above error now.

After the 10581 update bricked my Lumia 635 upgrading from 10536, I was forced to reset back to WP 8.1 and then upgrade from there, so I formatted the SD card for good measure (switched the storage options to SD before hand due to storage bug)

A shame really, I've been using my Lumia 635 as a music device as well as testing Windows 10 mobile due to the SD storage (Lumia 925 lacks one!). Haven't see this error before till now!

jmwhite19

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Useless for me, can't stream more than two songs :/

Now that you mention streaming, it looks like its not playing any items via streaming either. Just cycles threw any album and eventually errors

Can't play.

0xc00d11cd (0x8004c3e8)

Predictably, none of the error codes yield anything useful. In fact most search results relate to the older Xbox Music desktop counterpart.

jmwhite19

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
To add a bit more info, I tested out actually buying a music album through the Store, which worked OK and was able to download that content without any errors, this content also plays with no problem.

outdriver311

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
Having issues with Groove as well. Worked until last evening. It won't let me sign in at all. I tried to sign in, asks for my password, then sends me an authorization code to authorize the device. I enter it and Groove crashes. Soft reset and start the process over.

jdballard

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Just curious if anyone else is seeing issues with Groove Music and unable to download items in their music collection on build 10581? I'm currently getting the following error on any download attempts:

Log into your account and see how many devices you have activated. If you've hard reset your phone, I believe it sees it as a new device. I had a problem where I couldn't download music although I think in my case it told me I had too many devices. Worth checking.

jmwhite19

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Log into your account and see how many devices you have activated. If you've hard reset your phone, I believe it sees it as a new device. I had a problem where I couldn't download music although I think in my case it told me I had too many devices. Worth checking.

I ended up rolling back to WP 8.1 and then installing 10581 again, I would of hard reset on 10581 but due the storage bug my SD card wouldn't be used, but realised soon after it might be the authorised devices issue. I believe you are correct. Once you hard reset you lose the relationship between your music devices list, even if you set it up with the name and such. I had to get a Microsoft Support Tech to remove it from my account as I'd already removed a device in the past 30 days. Once they did that, I setup Groove again and my device was immediately added back onto the list. I was then able to download my entire music library without any issues.

I guess the quoted error may of been that, just not very informative.

jdballard

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
I guess the quoted error may of been that, just not very informative.

After thinking about it, the message I got that was more useful may have been on my Dell Venue 8 Pro - I think on my phone it was the same one you were seeing.

I wish they'd let you remove a device more than every 30 days if the device you want to remove is running a preview version. At least support usually doesn't balk and removes them for you without hassle.

Glad it's resolved.

jmwhite19

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
I wish they'd let you remove a device more than every 30 days if the device you want to remove is running a preview version. At least support usually doesn't balk and removes them for you without hassle.

Funny you should mention that. I've had to request it a few times before, due to the 30 days limit as you say. I've had very inconsistent responses for the request from various departments on the Answer Desk. Ultimately, the Xbox team seem to be the ones that can do without any issues. Ironically, accounts and billing generally say they can't!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon