Windows 10 Mobile - Can't Add Business Gmail Account, Why?

mattjstein

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Windows 10 Mobile - Can't Add Business Gmail Account

Hi,

I have two gmail accounts, one personal and one through my work. On Windows Phone 8.1 both could be added.

I just upgraded to Windows 10 Mobile and the business account will not add. I go through the add account steps, enter my password, do the 2-factor step and then the account screens just goes back to an overview of my linked mail accounts. I have tried this at least five times.

Any ideas?

WayCool

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 Mobile - Can't Add Business Gmail Account

I had this problem on my brand new 640.. I installed preview 10581 and could add yahoo and exchange accounts but would not add my Microsoft account to outlook .. Same identical symptom too.. after the two factor authentication it would go blank then back to list of accounts..

I fixed by doing a hard reset.. all works well now. HTH

mattjstein

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site

Thanks WayCool. What can I expect to happen with a Hard Reset. All of my contacts are backed up to the cloud, along with text messages, photos, and app settings. Can I basically do the hard reset and have it re-download everything and have my start screen layout just like before? Thanks!

WayCool

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site

Yes. I would do a backup just prior to reset.. then do a restore after the reset.. I had to use Contacts + Message store app to get all my SMS messages back the sync seemed hit or miss.. other than that all good !

Sorted it for me !

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro