Contacts,Calendar & email issues

Gazaman77

Mar 31, 2015
Visit site
Hi folks,
I have a problem with my Microsoft account and even Microsoft support cant help me. Any suggestions welcome.
I have the latest preview build on my Lumia 930 and also my windows 10 laptop. My emails sync ok automatically and changes to contacts seem to update on all devices just fine. But this is where it gets weird....if I manually sync my emails on my mobile I get error code 0x80070490? If I try syncing on my laptop I get the same error code with the following.....
"Something went wrong
Subject:john smiths birthday
start:09/01/1982 00:00
end:10/011982 00:00
This event couldn't be updated on the server"
The above message is then repeated for several other contacts who all happen to be facebook contacts who aren't actually in my people hub (no facebook contacts are in there as its no longer supported). I've also noticed that one of my contacts has 4 duplicate birthdays in my calendar app.
Any ideas people? I've tried everthing I can think of and now i'm stuck.
Thanks in advance.
Gaz

Gazaman77

Mar 31, 2015
Visit site
No,the contacts don't even appear in my contacts list as they are facebook contacts. It wont even let me delete the birthdays. I could however delete the facebook contacts but I didn't think they sync within outlook anyway? I'm assuming these are old entries from when fb was supported?
I'm also unsure about the multiple entries for a birthday. That particular contact is linked for outlook,skype,messaging and twitter. Surely its not dragging the date from each of these and creating separate birthday entries?
As a side note... I'm not sure where this messaging has come from or where its pulling its data from?
Cheers
Gaz

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
No,the contacts don't even appear in my contacts list as they are facebook contacts. It wont even let me delete the birthdays. I could however delete the facebook contacts but I didn't think they sync within outlook anyway? I'm assuming these are old entries from when fb was supported?
I'm also unsure about the multiple entries for a birthday. That particular contact is linked for outlook,skype,messaging and twitter. Surely its not dragging the date from each of these and creating separate birthday entries?
As a side note... I'm not sure where this messaging has come from or where its pulling its data from?
Cheers
Gaz
For syncronizing, you have to enter facebook app -> settings, llink to phone, and follow instruction.
The only other way is to left facebook and contacts apps allowed in background in Battery settings, but faceook is battery draining

Gazaman77

Mar 31, 2015
Visit site
Right, I've just unlinked then even uninstalled Facebook on both my mobile and laptop and still getting the same errors. Facebook contacts have now disappeared from my mobile but all the Facebook birthdays are still showing in the calendar app!!!!!

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I used to get these errors at the time I upgraded to 10581, they came for a day and then disappeared. If you manually sync, you'll see the issues but if you let it be automatic, then you don't see them.

Mine stopped a few days back

Gazaman77

Mar 31, 2015
Visit site
Cheers mate, I hope your right. I've now unlinked all accounts from my Microsoft account including skype,twitter and Facebook. I've deleted the birthdays calender in outlook and I've even reset my phone, and deleted and reinstalled my Microsoft profile on my pc. All my contacts,calender items and emails etc are exactly the same across all my devices and I'm still getting the error. So as far as I'm concerned,there's nothing else I can do really. Hopefully it sorts itself out. Cheers

Dinky89484

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Cheers mate, I hope your right. I've now unlinked all accounts from my Microsoft account including skype,twitter and Facebook. I've deleted the birthdays calender in outlook and I've even reset my phone, and deleted and reinstalled my Microsoft profile on my pc. All my contacts,calender items and emails etc are exactly the same across all my devices and I'm still getting the error. So as far as I'm concerned,there's nothing else I can do really. Hopefully it sorts itself out. Cheers

Was this ever resolved? I have sync'ing issues now with my contacts. Under the People app, in settings, my outlook account or outlook contacts is grey'ed out and shows that it's in the process of syncing...but it's been like that over night and still is supposedly syncing. When I go to my Outlook mail and sync my outlook.com account for email, it gives me an error.

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Was this ever resolved? I have sync'ing issues now with my contacts. Under the People app, in settings, my outlook account or outlook contacts is grey'ed out and shows that it's in the process of syncing...but it's been like that over night and still is supposedly syncing. When I go to my Outlook mail and sync my outlook.com account for email, it gives me an error.

So that's where you force sync! Thank you!

rotkod

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...80070490/c1523738-1fbf-42fa-bac2-ea88d8b6b972

I have a problem on the listed devices!
Lumia 950 (no windows insider) 10586.164 windows 10
Lumia 1020 windows 8.1 last update
Lumia 925 windows 8.1 last update
Lumia 820 windows 8.1 last update
I've done all and the problems still exists;
-synchronized outlook (settings, email+ac... ) error 0x80070490
-soft reset error 0x80070490
-remove the battery (not on lumia 1020 and 925) error 0x80070490
-I did a hard reset, and afther all good (apps, mails...), contacts sync error 0x80070490
So, last hope is WDRT (windows device recovery tool), ok! I tried that, with all my devices, and start from beginning... region, user mail, password... on all my lumias!!! Synchrnized all... apps, mails.. but contacts still have same error code 0x80070490.

error.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss