How to block number?

dda_k

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site
Hey,
How does one blocks number on W10M? I got a number which is calling me all the time and I want to block it. Can't find anyrhing in settings menu.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Open your "Phone" app. In the "History" page, you should see a list of your most recent calls. Tap and hold on the number you want to block to bring up a pop-up menu. In that menu, you should see "Block number".

I'm referring to build 10581.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
IF you can find the Block and Filter app/setting, just launch it, tap and hold on the number you want to unblock to bring up the pop-up menu, and from that menu select unblock.

I used to be able to find the Block and Filter app/setting in my phone running 10581, but now it seems that it can't be found at all. Many users have reported this issue in Windows Feedback.

dda_k

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site
They removed it from the current build... thanks MS for taking away yet more functionality...
Mate, this is preview that you are using. If you want to have all of the functions go back to WP8.1. Stop complaining that preview version doesn't something that full version is suppose to have.

Rich215

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Works fine for me in the current build.

The block/filter app was removed from previous builds and just came back now with the update on the current build.

BUT.....WHERE IS THE APP TO SET AS A TILE? darn...guess we have to wait for the Threshold?

crav4speed

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
The block/filter app was removed from previous builds and just came back now with the update on the current build.

BUT.....WHERE IS THE APP TO SET AS A TILE? darn...guess we have to wait for the Threshold?

I think that now it's more like a plug-in for the phone app

Open the Phone app > press the "..." > select "blocked calls" > press hamburger button to see blocked list

Same with Messaging app

Robert Novak1

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
dda_k

really is that all you have? Please grow up a little and learn how to talk like a normal person instead of slamming someone.

Preview build or not, it was removed. It was just fine the way it was before they took it out.

BaritoneGuy

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
dda_k

really is that all you have? Please grow up a little and learn how to talk like a normal person instead of slamming someone.

Preview build or not, it was removed. It was just fine the way it was before they took it out.

Except it has not been removed and in fact just received an update the other day. Working fine for me.

tpesa

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
Block and Filter replaced Call and SMS Filter for me. However, Block and Filter cannot me found in the app tray or by searching. But, if you chose to block a number from the call history or messaging history, that contact will be blocked and it will notify you in the action center to a blocked message or call. But, I can't find the app to actually pin a tile. Call and SMS filter is still in Extras and Info but is a useless, non functioning app at this point.

tpesa

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
I think that now it's more like a plug-in for the phone app

Open the Phone app > press the "..." > select "blocked calls" > press hamburger button to see blocked list

Same with Messaging app
This was useful info. I knew the new app was working but the best part now is when you look at the blocked list from the phone or messaging app you can choose to add a number manually. That wasn't possible before. But you can look at the list this way, which is great.

afgzee

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Just download true caller from.tje store you can block numbers from calling, texting, private numbers and numbers which have been reported as spam by so many users. It's great. Make sure you activate it in settings, select true caller.as your blocker in both settings.

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Originally posted by afgzee
Just download true caller from.tje store you can block numbers from calling, texting, private numbers and numbers which have been reported as spam by so many users. It's great. Make sure you activate it in settings, select true caller.as your blocker in both settings.

This is a great tool. I only had one issue. No matter how I set it up, I was a private number

Danut Ciotirla

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
Yes, it does. "In the phone app select the three dots at the bottom right then block list then the three lines on the upper left next to title then block list! This opens the block and filter app."

aimulaidni

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I would recommend true caller instead of using the built in blocker. The blocked call list sometimes doesn't block calls for me even when the number is in the list..i had actually opened a thread about it to see if others were facing the same issue

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs