Thoughts on 10586? Is this one ready?

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I just updated. I will say that was the cleanest upgrade so far. I can't comment on the time as I kicked it off then had dinner. When I came back it was off and I had to manually start it to complete the upgrade process. I am on an SP3 with the new fingerprint type cover. I didnt even have to re-register Windows Hello. I was able to initially log on with my fingerprint. SO far the build is very clean. We will see how it goes.

Roland Stoll

May 2, 2014
Visit site
the insider build info in the lower right corner on the desktop has disappeared... ;-)
good sign that this is (nearly) the release candidate... :)

Dhruvansh Soni

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
It's pretty fast, but Snap doesn't work as well. (Resizing two windows at once doesn't work anymore; even the settings didn't do anything.)

hunter49686

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
My surface 3 start menu won't show up. Wouldn't work on previous build either. Very frustrating. I even tried going back a build and re-installing. Any ideas?

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I have it installed on my Dell Venue 8 Pro 5830. I upgraded from the previous Insider Build and performed a reset after it. It has been running smooth so far. One thing that's definitely broken (may be my tablet only) is the store maps to SD card functionality. The moment I enabled it my Maps app starts crashing. Also running apps from the microSD card is buggy and crashes a lot. I am using a 64GB Sandisk Class 10 UHS-1 card formatted to exFAT.

Dietrich Cleijne

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
Installing the update now on my VAIO all in one.
Up untill this build i've had little to no complaints, except for Edge randomly crashing and behaving a bit buggy, let's see if 10586 fixes that.

mkenyon2

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I have it installed on my Dell Venue 8 Pro 5830. I upgraded from the previous Insider Build and performed a reset after it. It has been running smooth so far. One thing that's definitely broken (may be my tablet only) is the store maps to SD card functionality. The moment I enabled it my Maps app starts crashing. Also running apps from the microSD card is buggy and crashes a lot. I am using a 64GB Sandisk Class 10 UHS-1 card formatted to exFAT.

I have the 5830 as well. So far I haven't run the Insider preview, but I have had issues with the microSD slot since I've owned it.

I try to use the microSD card (SanDisk Ultra 64GB microSD XC I) for OneDrive, and most of the time it works, but some times I have to shut down, reinsert the chip, and re-setup onedrive. It's a real crowd pleaser if I have to use the tablet for a presentation or something.

I've never tried another chip, so I don't know if it's the chip or the slot.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Are you sure your SD card is the real deal?
I've had a 128gb one that looked original, but it was as fake as KK's tush.
I've never tried another chip, so I don't know if it's the chip or the slot.

I swapped the Sandisk (yes it was an original branded bought from BestBuy last year) with a Samsung Pro, got the same issues. The Samsung has higher R/W speeds so its definitely not the R/W performance.

Dietrich Cleijne

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
Updated to 10586, and i have little to no issues, Edge seems to be working fine now, 8 tabs open and no crashes or bugs detected.
Yesterday right after i updated there was some strange behaviour of the system, but after a restart everything was fine.
I guess things just didn't really settled in as they should without rebooting the device..

dajma00

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
1. Edge is much faster in 10586.
2. Start menu seems buggy as it sometimes slows down noticeably often putting the user in doubt.
3. Cortana seems to hang on "send text..." command. Cortana also hangs otherwise, repeatedly.
4. Start menu also hangs along with Cortana.

mnsiw

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
Updated from 10565 to 10586, working good for me, no issue so far :)
Sending text from Cortana work fine but need an option to see incoming text on PC.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss