Slow Motion video function finally arrives!

vodda

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site
It seems that (on my 1520 anyway) all pics taken with Microsoft Camera at the moment are stuck at only being 1440x1080 resolution (@ 4:3), on the 19MP setting, but saves a 2592x1936 image while set at the 5MP setting... Like they've got it backwards! Weird!

So I take back what I said about the two apps earlier. Apparently, Microsoft Camera does have a lot of catching up to do!

I had similar issues on my 930 a few builds ago, all photos stucked in 1080p while others here reported everything fine for them. I believe it was an app update or a phone soft reset that fixed it.

so now it works fine, normal photos stored in 3024 x 5376 resolution. Maybe give your phone a few soft resets or you are just unlucky and have to wait for new app/build upgrade.

Zachary Boddy; thanks for that explanation, I always assumed WP is very hardware optimized as it worked flawless even on very basic models with poor cpu/RAM (like 620/520), seems I was/am wrong.

Which is a shame, a slow motion or 240fps recording would be an awesome feature for me and actually a first time my phone's camre would be useful.

Maybe something like surface phone will bring 240 or even 300fps recording. Maybe m$ will work close with intel and releasing x84 intel mobile cpu that will do wonders.

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
I had similar issues on my 930 a few builds ago, all photos stucked in 1080p while others here reported everything fine for them. I believe it was an app update or a phone soft reset that fixed it.

so now it works fine, normal photos stored in 3024 x 5376 resolution. Maybe give your phone a few soft resets or you are just unlucky and have to wait for new app/build upgrade.

Zachary Boddy; thanks for that explanation, I always assumed WP is very hardware optimized as it worked flawless even on very basic models with poor cpu/RAM (like 620/520), seems I was/am wrong.

Which is a shame, a slow motion or 240fps recording would be an awesome feature for me and actually a first time my phone's camre would be useful.

Maybe something like surface phone will bring 240 or even 300fps recording. Maybe m$ will work close with intel and releasing x84 intel mobile cpu that will do wonders.
Windows Mobile is very hardware optimized, although not quite to the extend as Apple (since our mobile processors are not built in-house and can not be built with Windows Mobile in mind). Windows Mobile is one of the most efficient operating systems in existence. It's why my Lumia 520 is still perfectly usable. But some things you simply need powerful hardware for, like "Hey Cortana", high megapixel cameras, QuickCharge, and extra camera features like 4K recording and slow motion. Windows Mobile does a lot with low end hardware but there's only so much that hardware can do.

CygnusOrion

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
The Qualcomm 810 is fully capable of 240 FPS at 720p and most likely 120 FPS at 1080p. The 808 cannot do 240 FPS but I believe it can do 120 FPS at 1080p.

Yeah except the Qualcomm 810 has serious overheating issues. They just keep getting out-engineered by Apple. The 810 is like 8-cores compared to only a dual-core for the A9. Amazing by Apple!

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
Yeah except the Qualcomm 810 has serious overheating issues. They just keep getting out-engineered by Apple. The 810 is like 8-cores compared to only a dual-core for the A9. Amazing by Apple!

You also have to remember that the Apple A9 is massively optimized to run perfectly with iOS. It doesn't have the brute power that the top Qualcomm processors do. Put the A9 in an Android phone and it would hold its own but I guarantee those benchmarks wouldn't look so hot anymore. Yes, it's very impressive, but it's only "very impressive" when it stays in the iPhone. Qualcomm messed up with the 810 but processors like the 800, 801, and 805 (and even the 808) have always been able to hold their own against Apple's processors even without the massive software optimization. If you look at benchmarks, some phones get hugely better or worse scores even with the exact same processor. Why? Because of the software. Software is half of the performance. I'm certain that if you benchmark the Lumia 950 it'll get higher average scores than a comparative Android because Windows 10 Mobile is more efficient. Is the Snapdragon 808 in the Lumia 950 more powerful? Of course not. It's just running more efficient software.

You also have to take into account that having eight cores is NOT as important as people seem to think it is. It doesn't give you any more performance than having four cores. The entire point of an octa-core processor is NOT to be more powerful, but to be more efficient. Half the processor is the high-powered side, and the other half is the low-powered side. It's called big.LITTLE architecture.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)