Why is slo-mo not appearing on my 930?

Sipho94

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Hello All :sweaty:

So basically I have updated my Lumia 930's camera app, am on build 10581 - and yes, I have switched to video mode and for the life of me cannot find the "turtle!"

I have done soft resets, open and closed the app constantly and nothing.

Does anyone have a fix? :cry:

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Could you go into the app's settings, scroll to the bottom and tell us what version it says right under "About this app" please?

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
I have done a ton of soft resets and so on and it is still not showing up, also I have photos plug-in installed.

For your information, I have the 930 the same W10 build and the same Microsoft camera version (with the plug in app) but I have the turtle.

Sipho94

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
I had the denim firmware before I upgraded to the latest build...but whenever I used to check extras+info - it always used to say Cyan. Now it just says "Lumia Windows 10".

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I had the denim firmware before I upgraded to the latest build...but whenever I used to check extras+info - it always used to say Cyan. Now it just says "Lumia Windows 10".
Ok, then you should be good as far as the firmware goes.

Wait "it always used to say Cyan"?

Hmmm, I'm wondering if you rolled back to 8.1 and got all the subsequent updates and made sure you had the Denim firmware, and then did the Windows Insider upgrade straight to the latest build, (and of course updated all the apps, incuding the MS Camera app) if then you'd have the turtle.

If it were me, I'd try it, just out of curiosity.

Sipho94

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Ok, well then I guess that rules that out.

Okay, so I have a new revelation - it seems that "rich capture" isn't available either. HDR is - but dynamic flash doesn't work. I think this is all linked. I wish I could uninstall the camera app and just re-install it. It seems like I have no access to features exclusive to high-end Lumias.

My hope has returned!!! :eck:wp_ss_20151121_0002.jpg

Sipho94

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Are you sure you have a 930 :grin:
Try gettin the new build, along with the new version of the camera app.

LMAO - I am 100% sure that I have a Lumia 930 - as well as have updated the camera app, multitple times since slo-mo was released. I also have updated to build 10586.11 since it was released to the fast ring. I dread a hard reset just to try getting this feature.

renuzaki

Jun 26, 2015
Visit site
Okay, so I have a new revelation - it seems that "rich capture" isn't available either. HDR is - but dynamic flash doesn't work. I think this is all linked. I wish I could uninstall the camera app and just re-install it. It seems like I have no access to features exclusive to high-end Lumias.

My hope has returned!!! :eck:View attachment 117136

If after all this you still don't have these features am sure there was a problem in your upgrade of wp8.1 cyan>>to>>denim>>windows 10 mobile.
Because I have seen (and experienced) many problems regarding cyan to denim and lacking glance features or something due to wrong updates. (usually problem lies with Extras & Info).

^ I am suggesting this because rich capture should already be there since it was added in wp8.1!

if its not that big of a hassle for you i'd suggest
  1. Use device recovery tool to get at cyan. (base f/w which your phone released on)
  2. then update ALL apps from store.
  3. go to phone update update to denim.
  4. go to store update apps AGAIN!
  5. go to store d/l Insider Preview and check for updates
  6. go to W10M and update store!

IF your phone is L930 you'll get it no matter what ! :grin:

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members