Messaging + Skype

beachedwhale42

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
I've updated everything, in on 86
At least we're in the same boat and can confirm we're not crazy for this? Ugh....battery life was one of my favorite features of WP8/8.1 and my 920. I'm about ready go to back to it, but I do like some of the W10M stuff. But at the cost of battery life? What good are features if the phone is dead after a few hours of doing nothing?

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
At least we're in the same boat and can confirm we're not crazy for this? Ugh....battery life was one of my favorite features of WP8/8.1 and my 920. I'm about ready go to back to it, but I do like some of the W10M stuff. But at the cost of battery life? What good are features if the phone is dead after a few hours of doing nothing?

Check backgroud apps. My 520 drains only when I'm messaging (and I message a lot daily...), not when it stays

beachedwhale42

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
You CAN'T disable messages app or you'll not recieve any sms. With Skype logged out and disabled in back, battery goes a little better. But Not same level as 2 updates before. Hope next app update
They better fix it fast. I really liked the ability on 8.1 to not give a crap about battery life because it was just that good. 10581 (before this bug) wasn't as good, and I was a bit more conservative, and it'd get me through the day okay. But my goal is for my phone to be bulletproof with epic battery life. That was one of the reasons I left Android for WP. I know they'll get it figured out, and I'm sure the 950/950XL have great battery life, but I love my 920 and want to keep using it. I has a major sad :'(

Sunstorming

May 23, 2015
Visit site
All I know is since build 10586, after a hard reset on a Lumia 1520, the Messaging app is inconsistent; sometimes its near instant, and sometimes when I hit SEND on a message, it will just sit there for 30 seconds or even a little longer than that. Not to mention my custom tones for text messages working seemingly at random, as well as my Band (original) gets some messages before the phone (!!!) and sometimes minutes after... why?

Dirigent82

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
All I know is since build 10586, after a hard reset on a Lumia 1520, the Messaging app is inconsistent; sometimes its near instant, and sometimes when I hit SEND on a message, it will just sit there for 30 seconds or even a little longer than that. Not to mention my custom tones for text messages working seemingly at random, as well as my Band (original) gets some messages before the phone (!!!) and sometimes minutes after... why?

Similar inconsistencies on my ATT 830.

PPCFreak

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I am having issues now.
keep getting the error saying Skype not available at this time, try again later.
been this way all day long. really sucks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs