Any news on 10586 for mobile?

eusty

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
Switch to the fast ring and you'll get a later version, it will make it FAR snappier to use..... That's what I found anyway :)

richv77

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
Well, I may have to uninstall the Windows Preview app first as it will not stay open, It closes right away. Not sure if it's crashing?

Thanks.

-Rich

Switch to the fast ring and you'll get a later version, it will make it FAR snappier to use..... That's what I found anyway :)

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
Well, I may have to uninstall the Windows Preview app first as it will not stay open, It closes right away. Not sure if it's crashing?

Thanks.

-Rich

You can uninstall and reinstall it, that's not an issue. Once you're on Build 10581 (which is far better than 10166) I also suggest a hard reset just to make sure everything is running smoothly.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site

Thanks.

-Rich

I agree with the advice above about uninstalling and reinstalling, however, it might be worth waiting until 9:00am Pacific Time to see if we'll be getting 10586. It may save you having to do an additional upgrade, and it's only about another 31 hours away.

richv77

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
I did uninstall the Insider app and reinstalled it. It now worked so I switched to the Fast ring and I was able to install OS 10581 which is a lot better of course. I did notice some slowness so last night I did a Hard Reset and so far things seems better.
I have not had enough time to explorer this new version yet. Hopefully we'll be able to upgrade to 10586 today or tomorrow.

Thanks.

-Rich

I agree with the advice above about uninstalling and reinstalling, however, it might be worth waiting until 9:00am Pacific Time to see if we'll be getting 10586. It may save you having to do an additional upgrade, and it's only about another 31 hours away.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss