Could they spend more time on products?

mkenyon2

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm all for MS having a sense of humor. It's good for them to be a relateable company.

However, could they finish Windows 10 and the 950s before investing time in this?

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
I am pretty sure that: (1) they have different teams working, building this didn't slow anything else down; and (2) this was built as a test project for some facial recognition technology that we will eventually see in more useful products, and needed to be tested anyway.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
You're probably failing to see the real purpose behind these kinds of web pages created by Microsoft (remember the "how old am I" and the one looking for twins/similar looking people?)

These pages aren't just for fun, they're real research projects created by Microsoft in order to improve the accuracy of facial and image recognition algorithms. It's data from these experiments that makes Windows Hello/Hololens/whatever as good as it is/will be.

Making something fun and engaging helps the research to reach more people in a more fun way.

mkenyon2

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Yes, yes, I know. I just keep seeing things on Twitter about how great the 950s are, and other stuff, and I'm just looking for that one post. :evil:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs