Windows 10 Mobile Insider Build 10586 Thread

tsax6010

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Since build 10581/Lumia 930 my motion data isn't working! Does anyone else have this issue?

With 10586 on my Icon motion data is now available under Extras and Info, and allows me to enable the feature. Microsoft Health app shows it enabled, and using the free app Activity Diary I see steps counted now (and indeed number of steps do not match my band 2 since I have walked around without my phone a bit today).

Aschmano

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
I left my phone update over night in the morning I found every bit in its place , good build , still motion data not working and
both weather and groove music not shown on n app list , did anyone found a fix?

NOLATechy

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Are you having trouble with "Hey Cortana?" I can't seem to get her to hear me when I go to train her. If I tap the microphone, she hears me fine, but not when I go to do the "Hey Cortana" training.

tsax6010

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
I'm on my Lumia 925 and so far this build has been worse than the previous one. I have 13 updates that send me a 0x803f8006 error. I tried multiple solutions and none of them worked. Doing a 2nd Hard reset and check how it goes from there. If the problem persists I'm rolling back to 8.1.

Gabe Aul posted on Twitter that this is affecting Lumia specific apps, and that the Store team is aware and working on the issue.

NOLATechy

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
One more problem to add - 10. Still can't train "Hey Cortana" on Lumia Icon. Major issue if MS wants to compete against "Hey Siri" and "OK Google."

Aeosgames

Feb 13, 2015
Visit site
Lumia 640 W10M Build 10586.11 Experience for those interested:

I had done a hard reset on Build 10581, so after updating to 10586.11 the boot loop did occur. A simple hard reset key-combination fixed this and it got through relatively fast.

While going through setup my Wi-Fi was being considerably slow and spotty which caused the Microsoft sign-in to produce errors. Eventually it did go through, but only let me select the fresh start option. After getting in, I had about 46 app updates which included the built in ATT apps which I removed. Everything was smooth and snappy and felt solid.

Suddenly, I ran into a game-changing problem. I assume this was due to the aforementioned Microsoft sign-in error problems, but what had happened was that my Text messages couldn't sync up due to a bug that prevented me from being able to sign-in to my Microsoft account. After trying everything to get it to work, I just decided to do another hard rest on a solid internet connection.

After doing this, everything worked fine and my texts synced up fully in a matter of an hour.

Battery Life
The battery life on this build is questionable. In about 4-5 hours of med/high usage on apps like Messenger,Messaging, Converge, Photos, etc. my battery went from 100% - 60%. I have yet to fully put the battery life to the test.

Store and App Updates
Store updates things really quickly, as well as opening much faster. However, there are 7 apps that refuse to update. These apps are:
  • Lumia Selfie
  • Extras & info
  • Network services
  • Transfer My Data
  • Lumia Storyteller
  • Rate Your Device
  • motion data

These are most likely server-sided and I expect them to fully download in the next week as MSFT fixes things on their end.

Boot Times
Shutdown Time after "Don't Forget" message dissapears: 9s
Boot Up Time: 29s (Also, Microsoft logo always seems to come up twice before going on to Windows Logo)

Another thing to note with this build on my L640 is that you cannot hide the Nav-bar on non-W10 apps. Legacy apps from 8.1 appear to keep make the nav-bar stuck on screen.

If anyone has anymore questions please feel free to reply with some!

RaRa85

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
*Disclaimer: I'm using my Lumia 920 as a Windows 10 Mobile test device only. So I'm using it SIM-free. I cannot contribute to how functions like call and sms are working.*Now that that's out of the way I updated from build 10581 to build 10586 with zero issues whatsoever. I did not do a hard reset and start from scratch as this was not needed since the last build. Performance has been flawless. Everything appears to be working just fine and as smooth as it should be. The keyboard is super fast for me as well as I type this. Just what you would expect from a perceived RTM build. My only question is if this is the same build that's installed on the Lumia 950 and 950XL, do our current devices gain USB OTG support as well or is that even a confirmed feature for the new flagships?

cobolmx

Nov 3, 2015
Visit site
Could anyone with the "Choose the best lighting" feature of Rich Capture NOT WORKING, who owns a 640 or 640XL, please report back here? This is immensely irritating, as a photographer.

Thank you :)

Uninstall all the lumia apps as momments, selfie etc etc now should work

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
For the very first time, I'm disappointed: first hours of testing on the field, 86 is quite worse than smooth 81 on my 520, even with hard reset.
Random apps close on startup, or crash the phone: never happened before (except the well know Messages app bug)
Slower than previous build,

Kevin Hill2

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site
Did my very first preview update 3 days ago on my HTC M8 running 8.1 to build 10581, after update I did not have Cortana even after hard reset so I went back to 8.1 and tried it again, all went well the second time and everything worked, still had a few bugs but no more than anyone else, all my APP's updated, camera working great. Updated last night to 10586, it went smooth and my M8 is up and running with no problems and most if not all the bugs from 10581 are gone. I will say I love W10 on my phone so far, I like the look and feel of it, Good job Microsoft.

vodda

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site
930 owner here.

Everything seems to work fine, no more motion data update stucked in the store and latest version of this app is installed.

Unfortunately windows health is not showing any data, while Microsoft health & fitness does. So it seems this is a windows health app error and not motion data error, hopefully they fix it, I already reported via feedback app.

Everything else seems flawless, but will see more after a few days of usage.

PS, I had to do hard reset due to that bug, so maybe this is why it works fine, just hard reset guys, be on the safe side.

dannejanne

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Gah I'm having issues. My OIS in my Lumia 1520 seems broken. Can't even get a sharp image outside in daylight, the OIS is functioning but seems broken. Now I can't revert back to 8.1 because I can't establish a USB connection to my PC for the Windows Device Recovery Tool. It just keeps beeping, it finds the phone but loses contact every few second and on and on in a loop it goes. So the recovery tool can't access information about my phone hence I'm not able to roll back to 8.1. Figured I would do that before I return the phone for a refund.
Quoting myself. The issue seems fixed.

For some reason all my Nokia apps had disapperared from the phone. Including the camera. So I was taking photos with the regular camera app, which obviously has issues in my 1520. It can't handle the OIS properly. So after a reset the Nokia apps came back, and when shooting with the Lumia camera the OIS is functioning as it should thankfully.

Hutzi

Oct 20, 2015
Visit site
I'm sure it wouldn't have worked in explorer either mate if you are talking about the address bar. It wasn't meant to give you word suggestions when you are typing a web address or a password. Many wouldn't notice that but it was there for forever. Ain't a bug at all :)
Ok, maybe but sometimes you just want to make a quick search from the address bar...

avi_920

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
*Disclaimer: I'm using my Lumia 920 as a Windows 10 Mobile test device only. So I'm using it SIM-free. I cannot contribute to how functions like call and sms are working.*Now that that's out of the way I updated from build 10581 to build 10586 with zero issues whatsoever. I did not do a hard reset and start from scratch as this was not needed since the last build. Performance has been flawless. Everything appears to be working just fine and as smooth as it should be. The keyboard is super fast for me as well as I type this. Just what you would expect from a perceived RTM build.

I double that! It is indeed flawless. But are you able to access touch, display network+ from the "Extras"??

I can't access double tap to wake and the glance!

mkenyon2

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
On my Lumia 920 (AT&T) I did a simple update from 10581 to 10586. Took about an hour. Then did a few App Store Updates. One of my apps (not one that was updated) showed up in the App list as Pending. The next morning, it was working okay.

Seems to be running pretty slick.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb