Windows 10 Mobile Insider Build 10586 Thread

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site
I don't seem to be getting notifications on the Lock-Screen (not consistently at least), I think this may be to do with using LockMix, anyone else have this issue? This was happening with the last build too.

511pf

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site
Anyone who has upgraded from 10581 to 10586 without hard resetting? And you had upgraded from 8.1 cyan to 10581 directly, also with no hard reset? I'm looking for someone with this path to see what issues I could come across.

Lumia 1020

I did this on a Lumia 830. I assume you can look at my post history to see the bugs I've seen.

511pf

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site
In addition, all of your alarms will be gone after the upgrade. Mine did not go off this morning. Be wary if you let the installation run while you are sleeping.

FWIW, I didn't have this problem going from 10581 to 10586 on a Lumia 830. Not sure if I had it from W8.1 to 10581.

gabi tanase

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
I love my lumia535!Is perfect,fast,no bug,update all app.no lags,crashes,batery seems ok gest now,i don,t have eny problem.I think is ok.i,m happy!

Mark Baker3

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
Ho hum. Ran the update and my old cv 1020 is bricked. Stuck on the Nokia screen. Recovery tool does not recognise the phone and hard rest appears to offer more Nokia logos. A shame. Did have cracked glass though so spare ... Little loss but annoying all the same and it dies me less happy about trying on my 930 main driver.

JITKR

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Any issue in performing factory reset on 10586 Insider(WP10 Mobile) for getting further updates like 10581 having.

Dirigent82

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Went from 8.1 Denim to 10586 on my ATT 830. First time I've upgraded to a build. The process went smoothly, albeit slowly, but that seems normal.

I'm worried, though. Performance isn't stellar and it seems to run warm. Battery drain seems to be rocky. Performance most noticeably suffers in Messaging. There can be up to a 5 second delay before my message transfers from the text box to the message list. And then, at times, can be 10-15 seconds before it's actually sent (timestamp on the message).

I restored from a backup that kept my apps, start screen layout, etc. Perhaps this is a problem? I'm thinking I might need to hard reset and not do a restore? Pardon my ignorance, but what exactly resets during a hard reset? The phone must remember that you had W10 installed?

Update: I did a hard reset without restoring anything. Everything is working quite a bit better now. Still seeing some sluggishness as I use the phone; Messaging is vastly better, not perfect, but usable.

Overall, I like it and I had been wanting to update for quite awhile. I think it's still a little rough around the edges, at least on my ATT 830. So, we'll see what future updates might bring.

glossywhite

Banned
Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
Allow me to say this: regardless of all the ranting and errors, I know very well that desiging, building, testing and deploying a new OS and updating myriad handset models and debugging them IS hard work, and Microsoft have more models than Apple do of their iPhone range, but then Microsoft have VAST software experience over the last few decades (and this IS NOT their first Windows Phone OS), and it's not as if this is an OS that has been developed in one month - this has been built over many, MANY months with a GIGANTIC number of "insiders" and bug reports to help them work out the issues. I really couldn't be more disinterested in what the fanboys and MS apologists think about this matter, it is rather a poor show and an extremely bad impression to people moving to Lumia and Windows 10, regardless of excuses, "reasons" etc, there's more bugs than an ant farm in this OS, and it is extremely troubling to think that this OS is pre-installed on a NEW AND SHIPPING "flagship" handset in its current, broken state. No wonder people rave about Apple - I've used Apple products for MANY years, and they have many faults at times, but let me tell you this - never, EVER have they had so many fundamental, core aspects of their OS and features broken all at one time; they just wouldn't consider releasing software in this state or anything approximating it, as it's an embarrassment and potentially damaging to a company's reputation.

Really, I think it may be wise for Gabe to hold back on the affable Tweeting to all and sundry for a few weeks and focus on driving it home to his team "Fix this, or you're fired" - that's how Apple got where it is now, by hard-lining and being meticulous and obsessive. This is hardly helping a company who's mobile platform is hanging on by the skin of it's teeth, and trying hard to fire on ALL engines to renew the impression of it's platform.

tut1234

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Updated my L520 last night. Looks like it after the update, it ran the reboot loop bug all night.
I was going to go back to 8.1, but when I connected it to my PC with WRT running, it stopped the reboot loop.
Now it seems stable so I stayed on 10586.
If you are having problems with the store, there is a store app update to get in store. There are a whole lot of app updates.
After I do the updates, I usually do a soft reset. My phone seems fine now.
So far, I have not done a hard reset, updated from 8.1.

bai3tzash

May 28, 2014
Visit site
So the solution to apps that won't update it's only the hard reset?
I've already did a hard reset when I did the update to this build, due to loop problem...

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Overall increase in performance in my Lumia 1020 with build 10586 - haven't encountered the Resuming or Loading screens yet. Most importantly, the camera now launches in just over one second (full resolution capabilities) when launched from the start screen, and just under two seconds when launched from lock screen with the phone screen turned off (timed from the moment the phone vibrates, recognizing the camera button press and hold).

Obiedude

Nov 19, 2015
Visit site
So because you took the "I don't want to deal with manually updating my phone , I'll just trust it will work" approach, this is Microsoft's or the US's fault? That's like blaming car manufacturers for someone choosing to drive off a cliff.

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
I've upgraded my 640 from 581 to 586, hard reset, restored.
I have these apps in the store queue (but they all work)

ss.png

Another bug I have (already present on 581), the HDR bug. When using rich capture, picture are 1280x720 big and not rich captured. With the flash or without rich capture, it's ok.

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Yes, just wait & see. 1520 owners are reporting that what failed yesterday now installs. 930 owners too. So I guess it will be solved, server side, device by device.

StalaggtIKE

May 11, 2015
Visit site
I'm currently running this on my, daily driver, 929 and loving it. Upon upgrade I did suffer a boot loop which was fixed with a hard reset. A mild inconvenience since my contacts, photos and music were being backed up to the cloud. Even Edge is syncing bookmarks with my win10 laptop. The Battery drain has increased a bit, but expected due to the new features. I have a hand full of ghost apps from Nokia's and Verizon's bloatware that comes up in the store; it would be nice if there was a way to remove or hide them. Other than that everything as been fine, so far. *knock on wood*

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital