Windows 10 Mobile Insider Build 10586 Thread

anon(5718954)

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Same download error for Extras & Info, HERE Maps, Network services, touch.
-- Error 0x803F8006
That's a store error that needs to be fixed by Microsoft, seemingly on a per device basis. It's already working for certain Lumia phones, but others are still getting the error, such as the 640, for example.

If you're really getting that error there's nothing you can do about it.

The amount of time they need to fix this leaves me wondering, though.

T_Dawg_of_da_Nawt

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Anyone of you guys getting a weird bug where the phone stops notifying ?
1. No vibration
2. No ringing
3. No sound in Deezer, Groove... etc.
4. NO ALARMS !!!!!

And even if i'm actually looking at the phone when the screen comes on as I get a call, they don't hear me and I don't hear them either.

The only way to fix this is a soft reset (power + volume down), it works for a day or two before stopping again.

Anyone else has this bug ?

andyqkw

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
For some odd reason, I am not able to install LINE app on my Lumia 930 & 925.

It says that "This app is not compatible with this device."

wp_ss_20151124_0001.jpg

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
I'm using 830, I cant change picture setting taken using rich capture.

Well the camera update received this morning fixed my Rich capture issue on the 640, apparently.

Only issue now is that Living images images are 4-5 MB big (as the video is embedded in the JPG). Photos doesn't seem to allow "share as an image/as a video" alternative as we used to have before.

StephenWagner7

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Anyone of you guys getting a weird bug where the phone stops notifying ?
1. No vibration
2. No ringing
3. No sound in Deezer, Groove... etc.
4. NO ALARMS !!!!!

And even if i'm actually looking at the phone when the screen comes on as I get a call, they don't hear me and I don't hear them either.

The only way to fix this is a soft reset (power + volume down), it works for a day or two before stopping again.

Anyone else has this bug ?

When I upgraded I had this issue as no notification sounds were configured for any apps...

I configured them and it worked, but I just ended up doing a complete hard reset. On hard reset only Outlook didn't have sound notification. Had to disable Outlook in notification center and re-enable to get it working.

Erik Latranyi

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
Thank you, that's exactly the information I was looking for. Now I know for sure that I absolutely don't want to upgrade until w10 actually gets optimized properly for the 1520, I don't care how long it takes.

My 1520 lasts a day and half with wifi off and intensive data/email usage running 10586.

I am willing to be those with battery drain issues have app updates that are stuck or something else running.

My suggestion is to get your device exactly as you like it using 8.1. Ensure all updates are done. If you just reverted to 8.1, give it a few days to make sure all apps update (the store is slow). Do a backup. Then, load the Windows Insider app, choose fast ring and upgrade. It will take a day or two to get all apps sorted out again. Some apps may not be able to be updated, so make sure you cancel the updates from the store.

decentdude02

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
At this point, can I update my main phone (WP 8.1 Denim) to Build 10586 through Insider Preview, assuming that this is the RTM build? Or we'll see a communication coming from Microsoft in the next few days as a confirmation?

I'm really excited to update my phone to Windows 10. Please tell me if it is safe to do with my main phone. Or what are the risks??

Using Lumia 930.

Ask Sonnie

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
1520 user here, and has been using the latest build for 4 days.

Unless I find a fix, I will revert back to 8.1 for the 2 reasons:

1. Battery life- My 1520 runs out of gas after 2 hours of heavy use and 4 hours of normal use. I have turned off most back ground apps already, except cortana, messenger, and mail.

2. Photography- Lumia Camera is working but laggy; Lumia Camera Beta and Windows Camera are both buggy and laggy, rich capture edit not working and freezes. Some 3rd party editing apps don't work, and occasionally crashes when sharing to Facebook and 6 Tag.

Text, Call and Browsing are all fine. Maybe after 1 or 2 builds, the issues above will be resolved.

If you experienced the same and found a fix, please let me know. Thanks

EDIT: By the way, I upgraded from 8.1. I performed both hard and soft resets, and the two issues were not resolved.

I turned off wi-fi and data, plus enabled battery saver. 1520 lasted for only for 9 hours. But the scariest part is IT WONT CHARGE, even after two soft resets. I turned the unit off for a while, then plugged the charger back. Good thing it responded. I will definitely revert back to 8.1 and try again until photography related issues and battery life are resolved.

Jomon

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Same issue here. Here! Maps and Here! Drive no longer works. In addition, I'm finding my phone freezes and need a soft reset every single day. I still remember the days when I would go months before WP7 need a reboot. Win mobile 10 still needs a lot of work.

Upgraded a L1520 to latest Windows 10 build, everything works ok except Here Maps, Here Drive and Windows Maps. They are all installed long before the update, but they no longer launch. When tap on icon, it appears to launch but then just crashes and brings you back to start screen. They were moved to my SD card prior to update to make space for update.

Anyone know how to get maps to work again?

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I turned off wi-fi and data, plus enabled battery saver. 1520 lasted for only for 9 hours. But the scariest part is IT WONT CHARGE, even after two soft resets. I turned the unit off for a while, then plugged the charger back. Good thing it responded. I will definitely revert back to 8.1 and try again until photography related issues and battery life are resolved.

Turning off wifi and using only cellular data doubles the battery comsumption. There's a warning below the wifi switch too

Michael Dontigney

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site

My findings exactly on my L 1520... I went back to 8.1 and now the battery lasts for days.... whew.. MUCH better.

michalmiksatko

Oct 22, 2015
Visit site
Lumia 640 XL unlocked

5 major issues in build 10586

1. Images aren't working in email. Even though all settings are set to download and display images.
2. Contact's images aren't matching the contact for most of the contacts
3. Same download error for Extras & Info, HERE Maps, Network services, touch.
-- Error 0x803F8006
4. Several MS apps crash (marketplace, skype, etc.)
5. OS Slow to respond

Yay :cry:

Same problems on my L640

gavino96

Dec 8, 2009
Visit site
Well, after having the build installed and running for a few days, I have had to revert back to WP8.1. Something was updated either last night or this morning and I woke up with my phone in a startup loop. Thank MS for the recovery tool!!!!

f1saurabh

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
No one announced officially. Besides no one knows that the LED can be used for notifications. And if it does Microsoft would have to enable it via a firmware update.
It will be there when the lumia 730 gets the official firmware update which will have the drivers for the LED notification.

congthanhgiong

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
When will we receive next build ? It seems battery drain is the most complain especially with data on. My 1320 also sometimes just freezes, requires a soft reboot.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo