Windows 10 Mobile Insider Build 10586 Thread

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Windows 10 Mobile Insider Build 10586.36 is now out on the Fast Ring & Slow Ring Insiders. Post your thoughts, findings, and problems with this exciting build. Here's what you need to know.

[NOTE]
Soft Reset: By pressing down the Volume Down + Power buttons for 10-15 seconds (or until the device vibrates) you can perform a soft reset on your device. This is a little bit like a factory reset for your phone's OS only you get to keep all of your personal data. Think of it like restarting your PC. This is the first thing you should try if your device is behaving oddly.

Hard Reset: By going to settings>about>reset your phone you can completely wipe your phone of your personal data (ideal if you're going to send in your phone for repair or sell it). Your phone will turn off and you'll see spinning gears for a while (up to an hour or so) and when it's done you will see the same screens you saw when you first turned on your phone out of the box. You'll have to sign in with your Microsoft account again and start over.

How to reset your device's camera: Go to settings>applications>photos+camera>reset.[/NOTE]

Remember to keep your posts as descriptive as possible so that we can try to keep this thread relevant.

[INFO]Here's what was fixed in this build:

"This build continues to address feedback we've received from Windows Insiders as well as customers using our brand new Windows 10 phones like the Lumia 950 and Lumia 950 XL. As with the previous release, this Cumulative Update continues to use the minor version for differentiating between each version – so this build will appear as 10586.36."

"Windows Insiders have provided great feedback on the upgrade experience from Windows Phone 8.1. We continue to use the feedback we get from Windows Insiders to improve the upgrade experience and this update has some improvements to that experience."

Source: Microsoft

[/INFO]

[INFO]Here's what's still broken in this build.

After we released Build 10581 to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring, we discovered a bug in the build that will cause the filesystem to become partially corrupted after doing a factory reset. For those of you who did a factory reset of your phone, you most likely did not notice this issue on Build 10581. Due to this bug however, upgrading to Build 10586 will cause your phone to go into a reboot loop after the upgrade completes – rebooting at the Windows or operator logo. To recover your phone, you can use the hardware key combination to reset your phone which will then put it at the OOBE experience on Build 10586. We highly recommend that you make sure you do a backup your phone *before* upgrading to Build 10586 due to this bug. Additionally, you can also recover your phone by using the Windows Device Recovery Tool to go back to Windows Phone 8.1 and then upgrade to Build 10586.

Deploying Silverlight apps through Visual Studio to your phone still won’t work in this build. This issue will be fixed with the release of Visual Studio 2015 Update 1 on Nov. 30[SUP]th[/SUP]. You can deploy UWP apps to your phone without any issues.

There is a known issue where the tile for Insider Hub still remains under All apps but doesn’t open. Insider Hub isn’t included in this build. There isn’t a way to get it back unfortunately. However, it’ll return in a future flight! In the meantime, use Insider Hub on the PC as a workaround.
[/INFO]

[WARN]One of the bugs with this build is specifically for phones that did a hard reset while on build 10581. MAKE SURE YOU BACK UP ALL DATA BEFORE INSTALLING THIS BUILD. If you encounter a reboot loop when installing this build, follow the directions here to do another hard reset to get your phone back on track to install. YOU WILL LOSE ALL DATA BY DOING THIS. https://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/how-to/wp8/settings-and-personalization/reset-my-phone[/WARN]

[WARN]It is worth noting that the Windows 10 Technical Preview for Phones is testing software and as such there is a risk that in using it you will encounter bugs and defects.

Please bear this in mind when deciding if you want to install this software.
[/WARN]

Last edited:

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
9c20dadb8f99d51b88fd87d72f7f38d1.png

Downloading now.

glossywhite

Banned
Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
Thank you to everyone telling us they're updating, very interesting reading. ;) I'm currently sitting on a chair picking my nose, since we're into minutiae so much here.

</s>

Karpito

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
My Messaging + Skype is gone. It shows an update on the store but I get error 0x80070019 and no update.
I have no way to check my txts. Any idea?

glossywhite

Banned
Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
This is RTM... But i'm still planning on doing a hard reset once it's installed.

Why bother? The true test of the OS upgrade process is allowing a working phone to be updated (after all, finding bugs is the entire point of the "insider" program). If you have issues, THEN reset, would be my logical way of proceeding.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Why bother? The true test of the OS upgrade process is allowing a working phone to be updated (after all, finding bugs is the entire point of the "insider" program). If you have issues, THEN reset, would be my logical way of proceeding.

That's true. But my phone is important to me. I need it for conference calls, important emails, etc... I leave that sort of harder core testing to those who have the ability to test with that kind of room for bugs & errors. I agree with Rubino: Yes, you should do a master reset for the best Windows 10 Mobile experience | Windows Central

glossywhite

Banned
Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
That's true. But my phone is important to me. I need it for conference calls, important emails, etc... I leave that sort of harder core testing to those who have the ability to test with that kind of room for bugs & errors.

That makes me wonder why a work-critical phone is willingly being put in jeopardy for test builds? That sounds a bit silly to me, with all kindness.

indospot

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
Got it installed and unfortunately none of the issues I had in the previous build have been fixed. My keyboard randomly decides to stop working. Groove Music and MSN Weather have no icon in All Apps. Weather can't be moved to SD card or uninstalled. I'll try a hard reset.

BaritoneGuy

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site

For released software to released software then yes you would be correct. For beta I think it is a little different.

bucfan11

Oct 26, 2015
Visit site
I was in a reboot loop...come here and yep...I did a hard reset on 10581. Doing one on 10586.11 as I type this. Mine hung at the Verizon logo on my 928.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb